Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: State your allegiance: SIMMS or NO SIMMS « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5

HeyTampaBay

Starter

« : July 05, 2007, 11:49:36 AM »

There are sooo many threads on this board (particularly the ones by haters of Gruden) who sit there and spew and spew words, paragraph upon paragraph of hateful nonsense when quite often their overall message is very clear: They are a Simms lover.

This is why I have created this thread. For those who believe (and want) Simms to have a LEGITIMATE FUTURE HERE, or don't believe or want him to.

Sorry if this has been done before... but go ahead and STATE
YOUR ALLEGIANCE!

I personally don't really believe Simms has what it takes to play under Gruden and would rather see him elsewhere.

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

« #1 : July 05, 2007, 11:51:27 AM »

I've been booin Simms since they said ... "the Tampa Bay Buccaneers select..."

Pick6

Hall of Famer
« #2 : July 05, 2007, 11:55:07 AM »

my alleigance is to the bucs.  if simms makes my team better, he'll be on the roster.  if he doesn't, he won't.

HeyTampaBay

Starter

« #3 : July 05, 2007, 11:55:32 AM »

I've been booin Simms since they said ... "the Tampa Bay Buccaneers select..."

I've never really hated the guy and I always wanted to see him have a chance but now that he's had his chance I really don't want to see much from the guy in a Buc's uni.

It seems as if he's the not-so-good backup that everyone loves. I think he could be a decent to above average Quarterback elsewhere but if his future does reside here in Tampa I can see him struggling just to reach mediocrity.

Watchman

Starter

« #4 : July 05, 2007, 12:18:17 PM »

Simms is nothing more than a backup.  It didn't help him that he's not a very good fit for Gruden's system.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

« #5 : July 05, 2007, 12:40:24 PM »

my alleigance is to the bucs. if simms makes my team better, he'll be on the roster. if he doesn't, he won't.

What he said ^^

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

« #6 : July 05, 2007, 12:43:48 PM »

Paper

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
« #7 : July 05, 2007, 12:48:24 PM »

For now, we need a veterean backup that knows(mostly) the system.  But long term, I think it's time to move on

ryan24

Hall of Famer

« #8 : July 05, 2007, 02:30:11 PM »

go ahead and STATE
YOUR ALLEGIANCE!

Why would anyone have to state their allegiance?

He's a member of the Bucs at this time and he's also injured at this time which makes him a non factor at this time. I'm all for him should he recover and play well.

At this point in time I believe Garcia is the better option.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

umguy1999

Practice Squad

« #9 : July 05, 2007, 02:43:32 PM »

The only way to settle this debate as I see it is to have a Tennis tournament, a 10 mile run, and a 1 mile swim in the Gulf (the 2nd Buoy off St. Pete Beach behind the Don Caesar is .5 miles from shore)  the person who does the overall best in all 3 activities is the one whose opinon is right. Then the Gruden ultra suporters can fight it out UFC style and the last man standing gets to be king Brown noser and he will be to Gruden lovers what Upshaw is to the Union.

« #10 : July 05, 2007, 04:51:17 PM »

i've always supported simms as "our guy"
but.. he has proven to be injury prone and inconsistent.

so... i have to say i'm with him still as our back up till he can play like a veteran.

Big_MAC_Buc

Starter
« #11 : July 05, 2007, 05:15:27 PM »

my alleigance is to the bucs. if simms makes my team better, he'll be on the roster. if he doesn't, he won't.

Ditto.

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma  made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth. --Umberto Eco

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
« #12 : July 05, 2007, 05:55:41 PM »

Allegiance may not be the right word.

If he is a memeber of the team, I support him.

WIth that being said, If you asked the question "do I want Simms here"? The answer is a strong NO!

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
« #13 : July 05, 2007, 07:28:54 PM »

I am with which ever Quarterback can move the team up and down the field and get the ball in the endzone for six

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

Bucluva101

Hall of Famer

« #14 : July 05, 2007, 07:41:36 PM »

Chris Simms is one of my favorite players in the NFL. I love his attitude and the way he plays. He goes out there with heart and confidence that he will get the job done. Look at that Carolina game when he stayed in the game with a ruptured spleen. He knew something was wrong with him, but he didn't let it get to him at all. He was there to play 60 minutes, and that's what he did. He actually should've won that game, but the defense blew it. Like in the PR conversation in this months issue when he said he didn't want to be a team hopper. He wanted to stay with one NFL team his entire career. Don't get me wrong, I like Garcia but I like Simms as well. I will root for Chris no matter where he goes because of his attitude. I just hope he stays a Buccaneer.

Page: 1 2 3 ... 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: State your allegiance: SIMMS or NO SIMMS « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools