Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: State your allegiance: SIMMS or NO SIMMS « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

Ericsbucs371

Hall of Famer

#15 : July 05, 2007, 08:55:42 PM

my alleigance is to the bucs. if simms makes my team better, he'll be on the roster. if he doesn't, he won't.

Ditto.

That would make 3 of us.

#16 : July 05, 2007, 10:55:46 PM

A resounding NO!!

He's had more than enough opportunities to be THE guy and its quite evident to me that he just doesn't have "it". I would love for our team to have a young qb to build around and hopefully we can find him some time in the very near future.... with or without Chucky.

Damn, i wish we had drafted Quinn.

T

Hall of Famer

#17 : July 07, 2007, 08:21:43 AM

My allegiance is to the team and their success, not to any one player.

graypilgrim

Starter

#18 : July 07, 2007, 08:41:54 AM

1976, before Sims was born and Gruden drew a play, was when I started supporting the Bucs. AND, I will be here supporting the Bucs long after the make believe QB and head coach are long gone.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#19 : July 07, 2007, 09:22:11 AM

That's a good point.   If Adams ends up being Eric Curry part II (like I think he will), we'll be hearing the same complaints about not picking Quinn that we now hear about not taking Steven Jackson.

drywallbuc

Starter

#20 : July 07, 2007, 09:26:17 AM

i agree. does denver have any OL for trade.
My allegiance is to the team and their success, not to any one player.

buy american
hire american
save america

boycott chinese goods

GMC 93

Hall of Famer

#21 : July 07, 2007, 11:33:51 AM

I am with which ever Quarterback can move the team up and down the field and get the ball in the endzone for six

ditto

Formerly known as Revis Islander

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#22 : July 07, 2007, 01:27:13 PM

A resounding NO!!

He's had more than enough opportunities to be THE guy and its quite evident to me that he just doesn't have "it". I would love for our team to have a young qb to build around and hopefully we can find him some time in the very near future.... with or without Chucky.

Not at 4. Maybe trade up would have done it,as long as we still have a first round pick.

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#23 : July 07, 2007, 02:17:46 PM

It's sort of ironic but I was watching the NFL Network the other day and they have a series on Super Bowl winning teams and they typically have 3 people that they interview to tell the story of how their team won the Super Bowl. This one was about the Giants and Bill Parcels, Lawrence Taylor and Phil Simms were the people speaking. Well first of all, Chris Simms looks exactly like his Dad at the same age, kinda eerie. But when Parcells and Taylor spoke of Phil, it was like Chris' story. He was booed when he was drafted number eight overall by the Giants from Morehead State, absolutely sucked in his first 3,4,5 years, throwing nothing but picks and couldn't stay on the field. Parcells, however, believed in Phil and stuck with him and sure enough, Phil got it right and they all rode his arm to the Super Bowl.
There is one big difference here though. Chris Simms core strengths do not ideally fit the WCO. For that reason alone, I hope he finds another team that needs a long and accurate thrower. So I say pass on Simms, ride garcia as long and hard as you can, coach the living hell out of Grads and say a prayer.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#24 : July 07, 2007, 02:25:15 PM

For now, we need a veterean backup that knows(mostly) the system. But long term, I think it's time to move on

It's like I'm talking to myself...

As long as he's here - be useful - then have a good day.

Incomparable sig by Incognito

gone

Hall of Famer
#25 : July 07, 2007, 03:25:15 PM

It's 2 questions, not one.  Assuming "legit future" means he's playing well....

Want him to have a legit future?  Yes.

Believe he can do it? No.

JC510

Practice Squad

#26 : July 07, 2007, 06:56:11 PM

Hit-55

Starter

#27 : July 07, 2007, 10:26:18 PM

As long as he is in Pewter and Red I'll pull for him. I think the guy has a great heart and at times shows signs of what could be a great player. Maybe he just doesn't fit in this system. I could see him doing well for another team. If he could make us better that would be great but if not I still wish the best for him, he seems like a good guy.

Fire the cannons!!!

MarleyMon81

Hall of Famer

#28 : July 07, 2007, 10:45:59 PM

I'll support him because Simms is a Buc.  That being said, we're going into year 5 in this system for him and he's actually regressed from a promising performance during the 2005 season.  If it hasn't happened by now in Tampa, it might be time for him to move on.  The mental part of that spleen injury and subsequent surgery will be much harder to iron out than his simple mechanical difficulties that have arisen.

As much as I've always liked Chris, I just don't see it happening in Tampa.  Now he may go elsewhere and tear it up, and that's fine, I just don't see it in Tampa.  I like Simms, but I LOVE the Bucs which means I want what's best for the team as a whole, and at this time Garcia is what's best for the team at the QB position.

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#29 : July 07, 2007, 10:50:04 PM

It's sort of ironic but I was watching the NFL Network the other day and they have a series on Super Bowl winning teams and they typically have 3 people that they interview to tell the story of how their team won the Super Bowl. This one was about the Giants and Bill Parcels, Lawrence Taylor and Phil Simms were the people speaking. Well first of all, Chris Simms looks exactly like his Dad at the same age, kinda eerie. But when Parcells and Taylor spoke of Phil, it was like Chris' story. He was booed when he was drafted number eight overall by the Giants from Morehead State, absolutely sucked in his first 3,4,5 years, throwing nothing but picks and couldn't stay on the field. Parcells, however, believed in Phil and stuck with him and sure enough, Phil got it right and they all rode his arm to the Super Bowl.
There is one big difference here though. Chris Simms core strengths do not ideally fit the WCO. For that reason alone, I hope he finds another team that needs a long and accurate thrower. So I say pass on Simms, ride garcia as long and hard as you can, coach the living hell out of Grads and say a prayer.

Phil Simms did not suck his first 3,4 or 5 years. He was inconsistent and injury prone. I lived in NY and was a Giants fan. He was good as a rookie, fell back in his second year, was pretty good and then got hurt in his 3rd year and missed '82 completely. Parcells started Brunner over him in 83 and then when Simms came in to replace Brunner he got hurt again. Then in '84 Simms took over for good.

Chris Simms is nowhere near the QB his dad was including those early days of his dad.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: State your allegiance: SIMMS or NO SIMMS « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools