Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: YOUR FEEDBACK WANTED: HOW WILL THINGS SHAKE OUT FOR THE BUCS IN THE NFC SOUTH? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

PewterReportJF

Hall of Famer

: July 09, 2007, 08:14:55 AM

Bucs fans,

In a few weeks, we will begin putting together the Pewter Report Opponent Preview Issue.

We want to hear from you.

How do you see the Tampa Bay Buccaneers faring against their 2007 opponents? Is their '07 schedule easier or more difficult this year compared to last year? How will things shake out in the NFC South division?

Please post your comments in this thread. Pewter Report will publish several of them in the Voices section in the Pewter Report Opponent Preview Issue. We look forward to hearing from you. Thanks.

T

Hall of Famer

#1 : July 09, 2007, 08:56:08 AM

2007 should be another knock down drag out fight between four quality teams in the dirty south.While the Bucs added alot of much needed talent to rebound from an embarassing 2006 season, their NFC rivals were not as active in free agency.Last year the Buccaneers stood pat in Free Agency and paid the price for it dearly in 2006,I believe the other three NFC South teams are a major injury away from being 3-13 team.No other team in our division had to deal wit the types of injuries or schedule that the Bucs had to face off against.I don't see the Bucs going 0-6 in Division play this year,they nearly beat the Saints last year with a rookie QB at the helm.The Buccaneer/Falcon rivalry has always been a tooth and nail fight, so I see a split there and if John Kasay can stop making 50 yard field goals the Bucs can beat the Panthers, oh by the way Kasay just made another 50 yard field goal.With that said the Bucs at worst should go 3-3 in the Division this year.Alot of factors go into determining the outcome of a football game turnovers,injuries,weather,refs and most importantly execution of your playbook.If the Buccaneers get better execution from their players in the trenches, this could be a quick turn around much like 2005.

Diehart fisherman

Starter

#2 : July 09, 2007, 12:02:31 PM

I think we can go 5-1  Altanta has a new coach and Vicks going to the dog pound we take both games from them.  It's the Panther's turn to get the bad luck bug.  We take one from the Saints in a blow out. Are defence is just to fast for them we shut them down.

rocko23

Hall of Famer
#3 : July 09, 2007, 01:20:04 PM

If the Bucs can get solid production from the QB position , like 65% to 70% it should open up things for the cadilac. Also if our D can suprise some teams in the division  by wipping out that 3-4 D on them we would be on the right track. I cant say what our record will be but we really need to get the jump on the early games we have.  lets just hope in all can come together in TC fast.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#4 : July 09, 2007, 01:44:15 PM

Each year since it's conception, the team finishing last has come back to win the division. Against the odds I expect the Bucs to continue that tradition. The schedule is easier and there is serious competition at positions that lacked depth in recent years. There is a nice blend of youth and experience on offense and Defense and, most important, we have a veteran QB with leadership qualities. The loss of Brian Griese was a huge factor in '06 and Jeff Garcia is an upgrade over him.

I believe the Bucs can beat any team in our conference. They were 5-1 in the division with Simms and a less than stellar OL in '05. Garcia is better than Simms in most areas, and the OL is improved over '02 or '05. Askew will make a huge difference in our ground attack, and Darby will surprise everyone. Stovall and Boston will push Clayton and contribute to the passing game. Alex Smith will show what he has learned. Our Defense is getting a transfusion and will get stronger as the season progresses. They should return to the top 10, but just barely.

They won't reach the SB, but they will win a couple of playoff games. 10-6 for the regular season would not surprise me, and they always win a few they are not expected to. They will be the underdogs early on but that will change later in the season.

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#5 : July 09, 2007, 01:51:15 PM

The nfc south will be very competative this year. The saints seemed to run away with it last year and not even the great panthers that every espn so called "expert" said was going all the way last year was not even close to catching the saints. This year I think the three teams that did not make the playoffs last year in the nfc south (bucs, falcons, panthers) will be more competative and should be a tighter race this year. The Bucs will be fine if we stay injury free, if our young guys step up on offense ( the young o-line, caddilac, clayton, stovall), and if our defense can return to that top 10 defense the bucs will find themselves competing for the playoffs even the division championship again.

skip

Starter

#6 : July 09, 2007, 04:03:53 PM

It's all about line play, if we can establish a running game our offense has a chance to be good. If we can pressure the QB our defense can once again be good.

buckit

Hall of Famer

#7 : July 09, 2007, 04:21:07 PM

Though most of the press coverage has been about an upgrade at the Quarterback position, the Bucs have also quietly upgraded the offensive line.  This should bode well for Cadillac Williams who has clearly shown that he's capable of being a big time back in this league.  My guess is, with a solid run game, and a vetern leader at the QB position, the Bucs are poised to be a real contender in the NFC South.  The Falcons are boasting yet another head coach, and another offensive system for Vick to ignore (if he plays at all), Carolina's defense seems to be falling apart.  The Saints are the only real obstacle in the South.  If the Bucs can beat the Saints, they win the division, hands down.

Dear Glazers,

Please sell the team to Eddie DeBartolo.

Thank you,
--the fans

GMC 93

Hall of Famer

#8 : July 09, 2007, 04:43:55 PM

all IU have to say is we should win more than eight games

Formerly known as Revis Islander

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#9 : July 09, 2007, 04:47:09 PM

Ask this same question after TC. Think we will know a lot more then.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

Snook

Hall of Famer
#10 : July 09, 2007, 05:02:04 PM

1 - Bucs (10-6)
2 - Panthers (9-7)
3 - Saints (7-9)
4 - Falcons (5-11)

drywallbuc

Starter

#11 : July 09, 2007, 05:18:04 PM

still think n.o. gives us a scare, if not wins div. dirty birds, to much on the brain with vicks herpes, sorry i meant dog fighting allegations. last year somebody mentioned delhomme's crybaby antics, never noticed before, cant help but notice now( thanx on that one). so maybe we do have a good chance. i try not to think that foward, but you guys boost me up so high, i cant help but think SB in feb., iraq in march. sound like a plan... GO BUCS

buy american
hire american
save america

boycott chinese goods

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#12 : July 09, 2007, 05:21:17 PM

1.  Saints
2.  Panthers
3.  Bucs
4.  Falcons

buckit

Hall of Famer

#13 : July 10, 2007, 03:58:35 PM

1 - Bucs (10-6)
2 - Panthers (9-7)
3 - Saints (7-9)
4 - Falcons (5-11)

How can you have the Saints so far down on the list?  The Panthers biggest "upgrade" was David Carr....The Saints lost no players, and picked up burner Robert Meechum in the draft.  They only got MORE dangerous this offseason.

Dear Glazers,

Please sell the team to Eddie DeBartolo.

Thank you,
--the fans

BucFan9720

Practice Squad

#14 : July 10, 2007, 04:39:30 PM

1 - Bucs (10-6)
2 - Panthers (9-7)
3 - Saints (7-9)
4 - Falcons (5-11)

How can you have the Saints so far down on the list?  The Panthers biggest "upgrade" was David Carr....The Saints lost no players, and picked up burner Robert Meechum in the draft.  They only got MORE dangerous this offseason.

Sounds like us last year..
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: YOUR FEEDBACK WANTED: HOW WILL THINGS SHAKE OUT FOR THE BUCS IN THE NFC SOUTH? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools