Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: YOUR FEEDBACK WANTED: HOW WILL THINGS SHAKE OUT FOR THE BUCS IN THE NFC SOUTH? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

buckit

Hall of Famer

« #15 : July 10, 2007, 05:06:52 PM »

How was that "us" last year?  They have a much more solid QB and had a tougher schedule the previous year than we did.

Dear Glazers,

Please sell the team to Eddie DeBartolo.

Thank you,
--the fans

GMC 93

Hall of Famer

« #16 : July 10, 2007, 08:24:49 PM »

1 - Bucs (10-6)
2 - Panthers (9-7)
3 - Saints (7-9)
4 - Falcons (5-11)

seems pretty realistic

Formerly known as Revis Islander

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
« #17 : July 11, 2007, 12:53:09 AM »

With the additions the Bucs made (via draft and free agency), the increased competition at key spots, most notably the safety spot, defensive line and the QB position, the rehiring of new position coaches, and Grudens job absolutely being on the line...I say the Bucs will rebound nicely this year.  I would even go so far as to say they will make the playoffs a reality.  Again.

Of course, the same might be said of the Panthers (shudder).

LA BUC

Starter

« #18 : July 11, 2007, 02:47:49 AM »

Once again high atop the NFC South. The Bucs are loaded with speed on defense, somthing we haven't had in a few years. On offense we will be able to control the ball with a much better O-line and  QB (Garcia).I think the FA signing of  J.Stevens the TE will prove to be bigger than anybody could have figured.

Snook

Hall of Famer
« #19 : July 11, 2007, 09:12:41 AM »

1 - Bucs (10-6)
2 - Panthers (9-7)
3 - Saints (7-9)
4 - Falcons (5-11)

How can you have the Saints so far down on the list?  The Panthers biggest "upgrade" was David Carr....The Saints lost no players, and picked up burner Robert Meechum in the draft.  They only got MORE dangerous this offseason.

1 - Bucs (10-6)
2 - Panthers (9-7)
3 - Saints (7-9)
4 - Falcons (5-11)

No one expected the Saints to win the division and play in the NFC title game last year.  NO ONE.  Strange things happen in the NFL.  I just feel that the Saints will slip in 2007.  They play a harder schedule, their defense is still average and they won't be surprising anyone like they did last year.  And remember, there's a reason that franchise has only won 2 playoff games in its 40+ year history. 

The Panthers were 8-8 last year.  They're still a solid team with a good defense.  9-7 is pretty realistic.

I have the Bucs at 10-6 because I feel Garcia is worth 6 wins to this team.  We had 4 last year.  With an improved defense, 10-6 isn't far fetched, in my opinion.

As for the Falcons, they just plain suck.

Bucsvp

Rookie

« #20 : July 11, 2007, 11:53:41 AM »

Bucs will finish 5-11 with only two wins in the division.

« #21 : July 11, 2007, 01:11:54 PM »

unlike other fans here i am optimisitic. i can't stand going into the season and before we even play a game fans saying we are going to have  a bad season.
i see us going 10-6 or 11-5 with an nfc south division winner. the reason i say this is the coaches and players have everything to prove this year and plus i just want a winning team to root for again!

buckit

Hall of Famer

« #22 : July 11, 2007, 02:37:44 PM »

1 - Bucs (10-6)
2 - Panthers (9-7)
3 - Saints (7-9)
4 - Falcons (5-11)

How can you have the Saints so far down on the list? The Panthers biggest "upgrade" was David Carr....The Saints lost no players, and picked up burner Robert Meechum in the draft. They only got MORE dangerous this offseason.

1 - Bucs (10-6)
2 - Panthers (9-7)
3 - Saints (7-9)
4 - Falcons (5-11)

No one expected the Saints to win the division and play in the NFC title game last year. NO ONE. Strange things happen in the NFL. I just feel that the Saints will slip in 2007. They play a harder schedule, their defense is still average and they won't be surprising anyone like they did last year. And remember, there's a reason that franchise has only won 2 playoff games in its 40+ year history.

The Panthers were 8-8 last year. They're still a solid team with a good defense. 9-7 is pretty realistic.

I have the Bucs at 10-6 because I feel Garcia is worth 6 wins to this team. We had 4 last year. With an improved defense, 10-6 isn't far fetched, in my opinion.

As for the Falcons, they just plain suck.

I disagree about the Saints.  I think they're the real deal.  And yes, the Falcons do suck.  Bad.

Dear Glazers,

Thank you,
--the fans

finnbluebucs

Hall of Famer
« #23 : July 11, 2007, 03:21:48 PM »

I think the Saints will break the existing NFC South trend by retaining their divisional crown. I see them at 11-5, our Bucs at best with 10-6 but I i think 9-7 is more realistic, the Panthers at 9-7, and the Falcons at 5-11.

\"We are frustrated at not making the playoffs. It is a good start. That is all it is. It is a good start for something that we are going to be in the future.” - Josh Freeman

buckit

Hall of Famer

« #24 : July 12, 2007, 03:50:15 PM »

Panthers will go 6-10.

Dear Glazers,

Thank you,
--the fans

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

« #25 : July 12, 2007, 04:23:28 PM »

They've added some nice pieces on both sides of the ball in the last three drafts, and I like the FA signings this offseason that directly addressed the most critical weaknesses @ QB, LT and DL (Garcia, Petitgout, Carter).

Garcia is an upgrade, albeit how much of one nobody knows for sure, but it's still a young offense and with Joey Galloway being the only legit threat at WR (unless Clayton, Stovall or Boston step up this TC) and with the OL not yet established as a unit (albeit w/ more potential than it's had in years), there will likely be some struggles early in the season until the skill players are in sync and the OL is blocking in unison not only for the pass, but also for the run. Once that comes to fruition (assuming), Caddy should return to his rookie form, and the pressure on Garcia will be that much less intense allowing him to perhaps flash some of the playmaking ability Philly fans saw last year.

Defensively, day 1 of this last draft was an obvious score. I expect Adams, Piscatelli and Quincy Black to all contribute with their collective energy in the near future, even if it just improves our special teams. And Rice, Brooks, Barber and Kelly are still one of the best core of defenders in the league. The addition of Kevin Carter and Cato June is also a nice boost of veteran saavy.

Overall, I see a nice mixture of veterans and youth, definitely a team that's going in the right direction. But there's still some question marks on both sides of the ball. Offensively, perhaps a little too much youth on the offensive line at this point. Defensively, is Ruud ready to QB the D?

Realistically, it's hard to see them finishing any higher than 2nd or 3rd in this division. The Saints are for real and on the rise. Payton was a highly regarded HC prospect and we all saw why last year. And the Panthers are too talented and too well coached not to come back strong. It'd be foolish to think otherwise.

On the plus side, this season's schedule isn't as brutal as last season. So if it all comes together, 9-7 isn't out of the question. 10-6 and I'd wet myself like a happy puppy..

Oldtimer

Rookie

« #26 : July 14, 2007, 12:51:48 PM »

I'm with Snook. There is no reason why we can't take the division, or at least heavily compete for it. All we need is good offensive line work and a strong pass rush. These are the markers. We can be competitive in this division.

blitz

Pro Bowler
« #27 : July 15, 2007, 08:46:07 AM »

QB play is "the" deciding factor in how every team does and this year is no difference.  Brees proved that last year, and Garcia will prove that this year.   The Bucs,  with the rookie had the Saints beat but a special teams breakdown cost them the game.  Tampa and N.O will battle it out for the title.  The Panthers and Atlanta will slip.
  Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: YOUR FEEDBACK WANTED: HOW WILL THINGS SHAKE OUT FOR THE BUCS IN THE NFC SOUTH? « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools