Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2007 Supplemental Draft Preview « previous next »
Page: 1

bucsbum

Hall of Famer

: July 09, 2007, 10:17:59 AM

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/features/07suppdraft.html

This year the Supplemental Draft will take place on July 12th at 1 p.m. EDT and the following is a look at the players who will be available as well as scouting reports on the top prospects:

Here is a great article. If it has already been posted then I apologise

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#1 : July 09, 2007, 12:32:51 PM

http://rotoworld.com/content/Home_NFL.aspx

Jared Gaither-T-Player Jul. 9 - 12:19 pm et

Maryland OT Jared Gaither measured in at 6'8 and 324 pounds at his pro day Monday.

The Supplemental draft prospect probably helped himself after running a forty in 5.1 seconds and jumping a 31-inch vertical. He measured smaller than listed in college, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. Gaither is expected to be a mid-round pick.
Source: BuffaloBills.com 

T

Hall of Famer

#2 : July 09, 2007, 01:01:36 PM

I'd spend a 5th on Gaither

bucsbum

Hall of Famer

#3 : July 09, 2007, 02:23:01 PM

I would spend a 3ird since he can play both RT and LT a 3rd round pick for a strong back up that can play both RT LT is well worth it. and after 2 years tutoring he might be a strong starter

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#4 : July 09, 2007, 06:28:30 PM

i'm not a fan of spending any day 1 picks on supplemental draft guys.  the fact that they are in the supplemental draft means that they had some serious off the field baggage: grades, legal problems, combination of both. too risky to spend a day 1 pick. 

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#5 : July 09, 2007, 06:29:39 PM

I would spend a 3ird since he can play both RT and LT a 3rd round pick for a strong back up that can play both RT LT is well worth it. and after 2 years tutoring he might be a strong starter

Sounds a lot like what we did with Colmer.  As a risk, typically you don't want to use a day 1 pick.

bucsbum

Hall of Famer

#6 : July 10, 2007, 10:08:50 AM

Sounds a lot like what we did with Colmer. As a risk, typically you don't want to use a day 1 pick.

I would love to get Gaithers with a 5th round pick but there are several reasons why we need to consider using a higher pick. 1st Gaithers was considered one of the top LT that would be coming out of college next year which would have had a very deep draft when it comes to LT. There were going to be as many as 3 LT that could be considered better then this years 3rd pick in the draft. Gaithers was one of those  3LT. to use next years draft pick to get Gaithers means he would be in here learning this system a year ahead of time. We took trueblood with our second pick and the nock against him was that he did not bend at the knees as much as he should in pass protection. Gaithers bends at the knees very well and only gave up 1 sack the last 2 years and that was to Gains Adams. I think a 3rd round pick would be cheap and great for our future cap room.

bucsbum

Hall of Famer

#7 : July 11, 2007, 11:30:58 AM

Well tomorrow is the Sup draft do any of you want to make any predictions on who might draft what player and which round taken

bucs1

Practice Squad
#8 : July 12, 2007, 01:47:28 PM

From ProFootballTalk.com: http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

NO PICKS THROUGH FIRST THREE ROUNDS

A league source tells us that, through three rounds of the supplemental draft, no players have been picked.

The process began at 1:00 p.m. EDT.  Teams send in an e-mail each round indicating whether they intend to use a pick or pass.  Priority was determined via a weighted lottery.

Stay tuned for more updates.

bucs1

Practice Squad
#9 : July 12, 2007, 01:50:39 PM

CHARGERS TAKE OLIVER

A league source tells us that the San Diego Chargers have selected cornerback Paul Oliver in round four of the supplemental draft.

The process is now in round five. 

Stay tuned.

bucs1

Practice Squad
#10 : July 12, 2007, 02:01:56 PM

RAVENS GATHER GAITHER

A league source tell us that the Baltimore Ravens have selected former Maryland tackle Jared Gaither in round five of the supplemental draft.

No other players are expected to be selected.

acacius

Hall of Famer

#11 : July 12, 2007, 02:04:23 PM

That's a bit of a shame.  I wouldn't have minded taking a flyer on Gaither in the fifth.

bucs1

Practice Squad
#12 : July 12, 2007, 02:07:55 PM

That's a bit of a shame.  I wouldn't have minded taking a flyer on Gaither in the fifth.

Yeah, I'm kind of disappointed too.  I also would have taken Jared Gaither in the 5th round, but I wasn't expecting the Bucs to pick anybody because the Bruce Allen and the Bucs aren't fans of the Supplemental Draft.  Still, to get a first round talent in the 5th round is a big steal.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#13 : July 12, 2007, 02:52:12 PM

Considering the track records of the Bucs' recent 5th round picks, I can't understand why they wouldn't take a chance on someone like Gaither.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

bucpimpin

Pro Bowler
#14 : July 12, 2007, 06:10:24 PM

I personally hate the Bucs drafting strategy.. FAR FAR to conservative for me!  Iwanted Gaither and wouldve been very happy using a 3rd..

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2007 Supplemental Draft Preview « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools