Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Will Chris Simms get a fair shot to win the starting QB job? « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 8 9 10

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#135 : August 26, 2007, 07:31:26 AM

Looks like I'll be wrong on my Simms prediction. Gruden said he'll get playing time next week, so I guess they'll wait to cut him until after next week's game.

cough trade bait cough cough

bucpimpin

Pro Bowler
#136 : August 26, 2007, 07:45:59 AM

I guess you guys didnt see the same Simms.. To me he looked sick and frail.. This guy is finished in the NFL.

matt

Starter

#137 : August 26, 2007, 09:41:40 AM

I guess you guys didnt see the same Simms.. To me he looked sick and frail.. This guy is finished in the NFL.

I don't know about finished in the NFL, but I certainly think he's finished in Tampa. It probably would do him some good to sit out another season and sign with another team to battle for a backup spot next year.

flyinbuc

Pro Bowler

#138 : August 26, 2007, 11:59:21 AM

Simms plays next week until he gets "hurt"

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#139 : August 26, 2007, 12:02:13 PM

Not sure what you can show in limited action. I think the numbers game will force the team to cut Simms.

How could anyone say he's coming on? He's only just getting his throwing motion and mechanics right. Far cry from leading a team down the field to score...have not seen that.

I wish we could trade him - why would anyone consider traqding for him? He hasn't shown anything on the field, means he can't get on the field. He hasn't demonstrated he can move the team against a top ranked defense. His stamina is probably far behind where it needs to be - in game situatioins.

It looks like the Turk may be lurking forSimms...

Incomparable sig by Incognito

#140 : August 26, 2007, 12:08:19 PM

I am hoping Simms makes it very difficult to cut him. I really want to see him make it, I think the kid has great talents ......

Great talents? Simms has a gun for an arm just like Jeff George and Rob Johnson. What other "great talent" does he possess?

Aunt Evie

Practice Squad

#141 : August 26, 2007, 12:16:17 PM

I don't think Simms will make it with any team.  I have never thought of him as a "great" qb much less a "good one".  To me he never had the mechanics in the first place and he sure doesn't have the mental smarts.  He makes stupid mistakes,  he panics quickly and just does dumb things! Just because his father was a great qb doesn't mean junior will be.   Don't get me wrong, I don't dislike Simms I just don't think he is NFL material.

I am but a beacon in GOD'S great radiance and my batteries are running low.
Page: 1 ... 8 9 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Will Chris Simms get a fair shot to win the starting QB job? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools