Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Will Chris Simms get a fair shot to win the starting QB job? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 10

umguy1999

Practice Squad

#30 : July 10, 2007, 12:45:10 PM

Gruden has his guy at QB, so the word compete does not exist on this Buc's team unless we are talking 2nd string, if Simms is healthy he will not be put in a position to win. Last Season Gruden wanted Grad's to be second string and he was put into position in pre-season to look good ad best out Rattay, but I think we all know who was better in an actual game with the proper snaps in practice.
It would take Garcia getting off to a 0-5 start for Gruden to think about putting Simms in, even then I would bet Garcia gets 2 or 3 more games if last season gives us any indication of how far out on a limb Gruden goes for a QB with some wheels.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#31 : July 10, 2007, 01:00:31 PM

Gruden has his guy at QB, so the word compete does not exist on this Buc's team unless we are talking 2nd string, if Simms is healthy he will not be put in a position to win. Last Season Gruden wanted Grad's to be second string and he was put into position in pre-season to look good ad best out Rattay, but I think we all know who was better in an actual game with the proper snaps in practice.
It would take Garcia getting off to a 0-5 start for Gruden to think about putting Simms in, even then I would bet Garcia gets 2 or 3 more games if last season gives us any indication of how far out on a limb Gruden goes for a QB with some wheels.

Wow, your ignorance knows no bounds. Even your girl Simms said that Grads won the back-up QB spot hands down throwing this ridiculous theory out the window. Your woman Simms has not come back to form since the injury and his play has suffered.

Gruden wants the best player to play and if Simms was 100% there's no question he would have a shot at the starting gig. Competition realy brings out the best when 2 players are at full strength. What really highlights your ignorance is saying that Gruden would rather have Garcia in there no matter what Simms did, that's simply not true. It's Simms awful play in '06 and his slow recovery that's put the hold on any competition at this point.

Watchman

Starter

#32 : July 10, 2007, 01:29:51 PM

So you are of the opinion that winning is not important to Gruden?

#33 : July 10, 2007, 01:38:08 PM

Anyone that has read any of my posts knows that i'm not one of the Gruden huggers but this opinion of yours is so far "out there" that its laughable. By your thinkin, Gruden would rather lose with Garcia than win with Simms. AMAZING!!!!

fbickley

Hall of Famer
#34 : July 10, 2007, 01:43:27 PM

Simms isn't getting 5 million.  He has 2 million garaunteed and that is it.  He could make 5 if he is the starter, but he won't be.  For a Vet QB (although not very good and injured) he is cheap as a backup and won't be traded to anyone.  He will only go somewhere if he doesn't improve his throwing and Plumber shows up and looks good.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#35 : July 10, 2007, 01:43:41 PM

Anyone that has read any of my posts knows that i'm not one of the Gruden huggers but this opinion of yours is so far "out there" that its laughable. By your thinkin, Gruden would rather lose with Garcia than win with Simms. AMAZING!!!!

Hilarious man, UM's hard-on for Simms and hatred for Gruden has morphed him into a raging idiot.

fbickley

Hall of Famer
#36 : July 10, 2007, 03:02:21 PM

We've got witch hunters here on the boards.  And what has history told us about witch hunters?  They are the ignorant ones.  But at least they try to look for answers I guess?

umguy1999

Practice Squad

#37 : July 10, 2007, 03:14:04 PM

Yeah as I thought no real reason just speculation of why he is on the team, I don't care if he cost $10K a year if he is not good for the system and not a good QB no coach even Gruden would keep him around and take a slot that could go to someone who may fit, but go ahead and think what you want.
I don't think Gruden wants to loose, but I think he would rather lose his way than to win and admit he was wrong. Keeping Grad's in as long as he did is more than enough evidance of that, not using the shotgun when his starting QB was getting his passed blocked as if by Mutumbo he may have thought about bringing it in, but its not his way is it?
Say what you want, but we were 4-12 last season, those of you who also happen to think Beliceck had so much more to do with the win than Tom Brady, should really be calling for Grudens head, because QB's don't matter. My view is Gruden needs to go because we will never find a YOUNG QB for the future who fits Grudens bill, and Belickeck only seems to win with the best QB in the NFL, so maybe a guy like Cower or a young hungry coach is the answer, not one whose Ego dictates his views.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#38 : July 10, 2007, 03:17:09 PM

cricket cricket cricket

umguy1999

Practice Squad

#39 : July 10, 2007, 03:52:35 PM

cricket cricket cricket

Cricket Cricket Cricket = I can't think of anything clever or intelligant to say and I have the creativity of a log.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#40 : July 10, 2007, 03:54:33 PM

hmmmmmm

crickets or foaming idiocy about every topic, hmmmmmmmm. Which one would you choose?

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#41 : July 10, 2007, 03:56:22 PM

No it just gets old after awhile.  You're right though it is much more creative to think of how many different ways to say Gruden sucks and Simms can do no wrong.

umguy1999

Practice Squad

#42 : July 10, 2007, 04:42:11 PM

No I can just make an argument and have a stance and not take opposing views personal, or call them idiots or go out of my way to write "cricket cricket cricket". I guess I could pretend that 7-9,5-11 and 4-12 are great seasons and that Gruden is a great coach but its hard to do, maybe I spent too much time in college and common sense was thrust upon me, along with the ability to make an argument without resorting to name calling, and meaningless replies.
I guess saying Simms did bad last season and good in 2005 and thinking circumstances MAY have had something to do with his bad play is just stupid, and a handfull of people in here know for a fact he is not a good QB and will never be. I must not have gotten my crystal ball and maybe the fire department got to the burning bush before it spoke to me, and a few lucky people heard the voice of God say Simms will nevr make it in the NFL or in Grudens system...Asnwer me this...Does God sound like James Earl Jones or did he say something along the lines of "You ain't seen nothing yet Tampa "

Watchman

Starter

#43 : July 10, 2007, 04:47:57 PM

No I can just make an argument and have a stance and not take opposing views personal, or call them idiots or go out of my way to write "cricket cricket cricket". I guess I could pretend that 7-9,5-11 and 4-12 are great seasons and that Gruden is a great coach but its hard to do, maybe I spent too much time in college and common sense was thrust upon me, along with the ability to make an argument without resorting to name calling, and meaningless replies.
I guess saying Simms did bad last season and good in 2005 and thinking circumstances MAY have had something to do with his bad play is just stupid, and a handfull of people in here know for a fact he is not a good QB and will never be. I must not have gotten my crystal ball and maybe the fire department got to the burning bush before it spoke to me, and a few lucky people heard the voice of God say Simms will nevr make it in the NFL or in Grudens system...Asnwer me this...Does God sound like James Earl Jones or did he say something along the lines of "You ain't seen nothing yet Tampa "

Actually, God sounds like Beaker from the Muppets.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#44 : July 10, 2007, 05:21:48 PM

The next reasonable point you make will be your first.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Will Chris Simms get a fair shot to win the starting QB job? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools