Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Would you rather have more fab 5's than the magazine? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

coopsxx

Starter
: November 03, 2006, 11:27:19 AM

just wondering if anyone else feels like this?

the magazines are good but most the stories tend to get out of date quick, and the others could easily be posted on the site. Also many of the "80 pages" do seem to be adverts.

Not gripping, i realise it's a way to make cash, just wondering if there were more efficient ways to get the great scoop out of you guys.

also when are those podcasts starting?

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#1 : November 03, 2006, 12:09:11 PM

Personally I don't read either, so my opinion probably wouldn't help.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#2 : November 03, 2006, 12:13:13 PM

I think it's a very valid question, as with their current resources it appears that the PR team needs to focus on one or the other.  They have made a strong commitment to improving the size of the magazine, but it seems to have pulled some of the focus from the web reporting.  Personally, I'd prefer better, more consistant web reporting, with fewer, less frequent, but larger mags.  The mags are best for photos, the occasional player/coach interview, and FA/Draft preview.  No need to have that every month IMO.  However I'm sure there are plenty of others that feel the opposite is true.

T

Hall of Famer

#3 : November 03, 2006, 12:18:06 PM

Give me the magazine, I stopped being an insider about 2 months ago and didn't think it was worth it. Give me the magazine and the message boards on here and I'm happy.

goto11

Starter
#4 : November 03, 2006, 12:28:45 PM

More Fab 5s and more good web articles.  The magazine is pretty and nice to read right before bed or something, but isn't a good source of breaking news or analysis.  It's better for things like interviews and player profiles and items that don't depend so much on timing.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#5 : November 03, 2006, 12:46:51 PM

I like the mag, give me both. I think for the small charge being an insider is the only way to go.

avocat

Practice Squad
#6 : November 03, 2006, 12:53:50 PM

I don't even read the magazine anymore.  By the time I get it the information is old.

LVBUC

Practice Squad

#7 : November 03, 2006, 04:13:17 PM

Give me the magazine, I stopped being an insider about 2 months ago and didn't think it was worth it. Give me the magazine and the message boards on here and I'm happy.

I don't even read the magazine anymore.  By the time I get it the information is old.

I like to see for Fab 5 articles.  I can read articles about the Bucs everyday on the theredzone.org but can only get inside information and expert opinion in the Fab 5 articles.  I don't know how long before my subscription runs out but, unless thing go back to the way it use to be when we got a Fab 5 every week I will not renew as an insider. 

nitey

Hall of Famer
#8 : November 03, 2006, 04:27:32 PM

I say give it some time. PR has hired a couple of new writers and I believe we'll start to see some better web articles in the not too distant future. I like the new changes and the direction Hugh is going with PR. Just give these guys a year, they deserve that.

BTW, I really liked Roger Mills articles when he wrote for the Times. I'm looking forward to his insights on the Bucs in the future. If no one has said it yet (or perhaps I'm just late with it), 'Welcome aboard Roger!'.

Success is when Skill meets OpportunityFailure is when Fantasy meets Reality

PewterReportSR

Hall of Famer
#9 : November 03, 2006, 04:36:03 PM

It's amazing to hear people say that unless they get an SR's Fab Five every week they will cancel their subscription. Inside scoop is not easy to come by. You certainly don't get much of it in the local newspapers, which consists mainly of feature stories on Bucs and their opponents and which players are hurt and may not play.

If I crank out an SR's Fab Five in weekly, clockwork fashion, dealing with an organization that is MUCH more secretive than it was years ago, then I get accused of providing "filler" or "mediocre" Fab Fives. If I wait to accumulate really good info, then I don't deliver them fast enough. I understand we are living in an incredibly impatient society, but it seems like I either get critized for lack of quantity (and good quality) when they don't come fast enough or quantity (and lack of good quality) when they come too fast. My goal is to produce good ones on a regular basis as often as possible.

I would love to please everybody, but apparently that is incredibly difficult to do. Just look at this thread, for example. We've got some people saying, I don't read the magazine anymore – just the PI content. Others say, they don't read the PI content – just the magazine. We are trying to please both camps with quality info in the magazine and on the web, because at the end of the day, all of them are subscribers.

What I will say is that every subscription IS important in terms of operating this site and this FREE message board. If you like the magazine or the content or just the message board, I encourage you to subscribe or renew to support our efforts.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#10 : November 03, 2006, 04:52:18 PM

Fab 5's only probs are that its too good. Everyone wants to read it constantly. SR you always do a great job, the best, thanks.

Baghead #2

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#11 : November 03, 2006, 05:02:05 PM

Just add a topless centerfold and you will keep most of the people happy most of the time SR.   ;)

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#12 : November 03, 2006, 05:23:51 PM

Just add a topless centerfold and you will keep most of the people happy most of the time SR.   ;)

Well some ladies would not like that.

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#13 : November 03, 2006, 05:43:57 PM

Here's a newsflash:  The season is in progress!  This is the time when actions speak louder than words.  In the offseason you can speculate about trades, signings, contracts, cuts, coaching changes, etc. etc.  During the season its time to actually play the game.  The news story is the game.  There aren't many rumors to be had when its all on film.

You guys all want to get a jump on the offseason, and start speculating on everything under the sun. Don't worry the offseason will be plenty long enough for all the speculating and rumor mongering you want and then some.

So that brings me to the Fab 5.  The Fab 5 is inside info about whats going on with the Bucs, but what is going on with the Bucs is going on on the field for everyone to see.  SR already got into hot water with Brooks just because he answered a fan about an offseason question. 

Ride out the storm folks.  There are still (sigh) nine games to go. 

One option though would be to get more SR comment on his breakdown on the game film, what and who is working and what and who isn't.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#14 : November 03, 2006, 05:55:05 PM

I am greedy so I say give me both!  ;D

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Would you rather have more fab 5's than the magazine? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools