Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Would you rather have more fab 5's than the magazine? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#15 : November 03, 2006, 06:00:47 PM

I want less people complaining about FAB 5's not being there every week.....

FAB 5's are great, but I like them when there is info to be related.  I don't want one every week just for the sake of having one.  Reading watered down filler is just a waste of time.

I think Scott does a good job getting them out when he feels he has things important to talk about.  I like that.

InChuckyITrust

Hall of Famer

#16 : November 03, 2006, 06:20:47 PM

It's amazing to hear people say that unless they get an SR's Fab Five every week they will cancel their subscription. Inside scoop is not easy to come by. You certainly don't get much of it in the local newspapers, which consists mainly of feature stories on Bucs and their opponents and which players are hurt and may not play.

If I crank out an SR's Fab Five in weekly, clockwork fashion, dealing with an organization that is MUCH more secretive than it was years ago, then I get accused of providing "filler" or "mediocre" Fab Fives. If I wait to accumulate really good info, then I don't deliver them fast enough. I understand we are living in an incredibly impatient society, but it seems like I either get critized for lack of quantity (and good quality) when they don't come fast enough or quantity (and lack of good quality) when they come too fast. My goal is to produce good ones on a regular basis as often as possible.

I would love to please everybody, but apparently that is incredibly difficult to do. Just look at this thread, for example. We've got some people saying, I don't read the magazine anymore – just the PI content. Others say, they don't read the PI content – just the magazine. We are trying to please both camps with quality info in the magazine and on the web, because at the end of the day, all of them are subscribers.

What I will say is that every subscription IS important in terms of operating this site and this FREE message board. If you like the magazine or the content or just the message board, I encourage you to subscribe or renew to support our efforts.
funny scott, I said basically the same thin you just did and JF said he didnt agree with me.

"there are no medals here for who can stay at the office the longest," said Jagodzinski. "I'm not into that. The guys that brag about working till 2 in the morning, in my opinion, they're just not smart enough. "

18,2,25,13 ... murderers row?

I support coach Calhoun and his salary

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#17 : November 03, 2006, 06:23:40 PM

Just add a topless centerfold and you will keep most of the people happy most of the time SR.   ;)

Well some ladies would not like that.

Well some ladies actually like looking at chicks, plus I didn't say everyone would be happy.   ;)

PewterReportSR

Hall of Famer
#18 : November 03, 2006, 06:26:20 PM

Here's a newsflash:� The season is in progress!� This is the time when actions speak louder than words.� In the offseason you can speculate about trades, signings, contracts, cuts, coaching changes, etc. etc.� During the season its time to actually play the game.� The news story is the game.� There aren't many rumors to be had when its all on film.

You guys all want to get a jump on the offseason, and start speculating on everything under the sun. Don't worry the offseason will be plenty long enough for all the speculating and rumor mongering you want and then some.

So that brings me to the Fab 5.� The Fab 5 is inside info about whats going on with the Bucs, but what is going on with the Bucs is going on on the field for everyone to see.� SR already got into hot water with Brooks just because he answered a fan about an offseason question.�

Ride out the storm folks.  There are still (sigh) nine games to go. 

One option though would be to get more SR comment on his breakdown on the game film, what and who is working and what and who isn't.

Good point, Itch. I promise more breakdowns will be forthcoming. I did a little of that this week in Fab 1.

sniper5

Second String
#19 : November 03, 2006, 06:34:56 PM

I love the FF, and since the magazine can't be delivered to my location (western Canada) I have to print out the pdf's on my computer at work (better quality than my home printer).  So I guess I'm in favour of more FF content, though it sounds as if its more of an "available quality" issue than a time management issue.  Either way, PR is worth far more than I'm paying.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#20 : November 03, 2006, 06:40:57 PM

It's amazing to hear people say that unless they get an SR's Fab Five every week they will cancel their subscription. Inside scoop is not easy to come by. You certainly don't get much of it in the local newspapers, which consists mainly of feature stories on Bucs and their opponents and which players are hurt and may not play.

If I crank out an SR's Fab Five in weekly, clockwork fashion, dealing with an organization that is MUCH more secretive than it was years ago, then I get accused of providing "filler" or "mediocre" Fab Fives. If I wait to accumulate really good info, then I don't deliver them fast enough. I understand we are living in an incredibly impatient society, but it seems like I either get critized for lack of quantity (and good quality) when they don't come fast enough or quantity (and lack of good quality) when they come too fast. My goal is to produce good ones on a regular basis as often as possible.

I would love to please everybody, but apparently that is incredibly difficult to do. Just look at this thread, for example. We've got some people saying, I don't read the magazine anymore – just the PI content. Others say, they don't read the PI content – just the magazine. We are trying to please both camps with quality info in the magazine and on the web, because at the end of the day, all of them are subscribers.

What I will say is that every subscription IS important in terms of operating this site and this FREE message board. If you like the magazine or the content or just the message board, I encourage you to subscribe or renew to support our efforts.

I would much rather have quality over quanity, whichis why you will never see this poster complain about why a Fab 5 is not out yet.....

I think you do a good job getting them out when you have stuff you feel we need to know.  I applaud you for not just putting out Fab 5's just to put them out and please the wolves..... 
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Would you rather have more fab 5's than the magazine? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools