Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: My inspiring pre-game idea « previous next »
Page: 1

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

: July 09, 2007, 08:54:03 PM

Sitting here listening to the Pirates 3 soundtrack and the first song is "Hoist the Colours" which is the one the little boy starts singing at the beginning of the movie. For those that have seen the movie, it's the first scene with the gallows and he starts singing, then all of the other pirates in line to the gallows join in as their sort of "unity and defiance song." You might take my life, but never my spirit-type of thing.
Got to thinking how cool would it be to have 67,000-plus people singing this song about 15 minutes before gametime as they raise the red flags all around the top of Raymond James Stadium???
Scoreboard people can put the words up on the jumbotron, then raise the flags. Follow that by the player introductions and the pirate ship cannons, then play the video of the Bucs' ship sinking all the others and "O Fortuna" blasting as the background music!
Tell me that won't get the place rocking for kickoff!!!

T

Hall of Famer

#1 : July 09, 2007, 09:05:59 PM

Fun idea I like it

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#2 : July 09, 2007, 09:22:30 PM

I'll do it! Somebody post the words though !

Incomparable sig by Incognito

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#3 : July 09, 2007, 09:26:11 PM

Looked through the liner notes that came with the CD but no words. Anybody know where we can find this stuff?

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#4 : July 09, 2007, 10:28:18 PM

Nice idea.   

Scurvy

Practice Squad

#5 : July 09, 2007, 10:40:05 PM

Yo, ho, haul together,
hoist the colors high.
Heave ho,
thieves and beggars,
never shall we die.

The king and his men
stole the queen from her bed
and bound her in her Bones.
The seas be ours
and by the powers
where we will we'll roam.

Yo, ho, haul together,
hoist the colors high.
Heave ho, thieves and beggars,
never shall we die.

Some men have died
and some are alive
and others sail on the sea
– with the keys to the cage...
and the Devil to pay
we lay to Fiddler's Green!

The bell has been raised
from it's watery grave...
Do you hear it's sepulchral tone?
We are a call to all,
pay head the squall
and turn your sail toward home!

Yo, ho, haul together,
hoist the colors high.
Heave ho, thieves and beggars,
never shall we die.

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#6 : July 09, 2007, 10:51:43 PM

Scurvy, you're the man! OK, maybe a bit lengthy so we can probably just sing the chorus.  8)

Scurvy

Practice Squad

#7 : July 09, 2007, 10:55:39 PM

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#8 : July 10, 2007, 01:15:56 PM

You see. That's what I'm thinking. How cool would it be for the whole stadium full of people to be singing that as the flags get raised around the stadium? Thanks Scurvy. Although I could never see them from the seats I usually get, the looks on the faces of the visitors would be priceless I think.

GMC 93

Hall of Famer

#9 : July 10, 2007, 08:27:55 PM

Sitting here listening to the Pirates 3 soundtrack and the first song is "Hoist the Colours" which is the one the little boy starts singing at the beginning of the movie. For those that have seen the movie, it's the first scene with the gallows and he starts singing, then all of the other pirates in line to the gallows join in as their sort of "unity and defiance song." You might take my life, but never my spirit-type of thing.
Got to thinking how cool would it be to have 67,000-plus people singing this song about 15 minutes before gametime as they raise the red flags all around the top of Raymond James Stadium???
Scoreboard people can put the words up on the jumbotron, then raise the flags. Follow that by the player introductions and the pirate ship cannons, then play the video of the Bucs' ship sinking all the others and "O Fortuna" blasting as the background music!
Tell me that won't get the place rocking for kickoff!!!

that is a good idea and the beginning of the movie was tight

Formerly known as Revis Islander

Ericsbucs371

Hall of Famer

#10 : July 10, 2007, 08:52:02 PM

That would be pretty cool!

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#11 : July 12, 2007, 01:39:18 PM

Scott, Jim -- who are the powers that be that need to see this? I can send this idea off to them and then see where it goes. Maybe there's a free beer in it for me if they decide to use it!  :)

Lynch47

Hall of Famer

#12 : July 12, 2007, 03:15:42 PM

I love the idea!!!

Buccobruce

Starter

#13 : July 12, 2007, 04:23:29 PM

I can see this being chanted in unison as we all pile in through the gates comming from our tailgates going into the stadium as well....

Good God I cant wait for the season to begin...

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: My inspiring pre-game idea « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools