Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Clayton on ESPN says the BUCS are the #1 sleeper team this year. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Bucluva101

Hall of Famer

#30 : July 11, 2007, 08:41:22 PM

now we're jinxed lol

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#31 : July 11, 2007, 09:03:09 PM

now we're jinxed lol
He predicted that the Bucs were a "darkhorse" at 7-9...how much worse of a "jinx" can there be?

To sit through another 7-9 means a few more years of watching crappy football.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#32 : July 11, 2007, 09:47:05 PM

Wait, so are the guys at ESPN not morons now that they are saying good things about the Bucs?

I knew that was comming.  Have to admit I chuckled when I saw all those responses to his "prediction".

Caveat Emperor

Pro Bowler

#33 : July 11, 2007, 10:07:19 PM

Wait, so are the guys at ESPN not morons now that they are saying good things about the Bucs?

No they're still morons if they think Jeff Garcia is going to somehow make Cadillac Williams into a receiving back just because he shows up.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#34 : July 11, 2007, 10:13:19 PM

No they're still morons if they think Jeff Garcia is going to somehow make Cadillac Williams into a receiving back just because he shows up.

Did they say that?  I missed that point.  He has been working on his receiving according to offseason reports.

Caveat Emperor

Pro Bowler

#35 : July 11, 2007, 10:18:48 PM

Did they say that? I missed that point. He has been working on his receiving according to offseason reports.

I took that to be referenced in the line about running backs having an average of X receptions a year with Garcia.

Cadillac is no Brian Westbrook in that regard.

LA BUC

Starter

#36 : July 12, 2007, 12:26:25 AM

When you have time to throw, the game is a lot of fun. The QB can look to one guy and throw to another, look deep and go short. This is what separates Tom Brady from the others. I know he is accurate but he has a ton of time to throw the ball. Thats got to be fun.

#37 : July 12, 2007, 12:10:11 PM

No, they're all still morons and John Clayton is creepy.

I have to agree with this one...

whobdis

Pro Bowler

#38 : July 12, 2007, 12:44:49 PM

NE, Indy, Philly, and Pittsburgh have been regular playoff teams for the last 5-6 years. 

Like I said..not many. And one could argue having all pro QB's (and at least 2 are HOF) had quite a
bit to do with this. Only Pitt isn't in that category..and we seen the effects it had when their
QB played poorly. Look at what Bree's did for NO. They made a few other changes..but basically the
same team that won about 4 games the previous year. One game from the SB with very good QB play.

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#39 : July 12, 2007, 03:24:48 PM

..Look at what Bree's did for NO. They made a few other changes..but basically the
same team that won about 4 games the previous year. One game from the SB with very good QB play.

Few other changes? Sean Payton, Reggie Bush, Marques Colston, Scott Fujita (96 tackles, 3.5 sacks, 2 ints), Mark Simoneau (61 tackles, 1 sack, 1 int)...

whobdis

Pro Bowler

#40 : July 12, 2007, 06:13:21 PM

..Look at what Bree's did for NO. They made a few other changes..but basically the
Few other changes? Sean Payton, Reggie Bush, Marques Colston, Scott Fujita (96 tackles, 3.5 sacks, 2 ints), Mark Simoneau (61 tackles, 1 sack, 1 int)...

Some nice defensive stats..though I'm not sure what that means. NO didn't make it to where they were due
to changes on D. They only moved up a couple of spots in total defense. They went from something like
25 in total offense to 1st. Bush and and Colston helped..though Colston wouldn't have done much imo
with Brooks at qb. And Payton certainly brought in a decent gameplan. But I still say (as many of the so
called experts) that Brees was the main difference in that team. You could take Colston or Bush off the team
and they still win. And someone could throw some more stats out and it wouldn't change my opinion.

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#41 : July 12, 2007, 08:05:28 PM

Some nice defensive stats..though I'm not sure what that means. NO didn't make it to where they were due
to changes on D. They only moved up a couple of spots in total defense. They went from something like
25 in total offense to 1st. Bush and and Colston helped..though Colston wouldn't have done much imo
with Brooks at qb. And Payton certainly brought in a decent gameplan. But I still say (as many of the so
called experts) that Brees was the main difference in that team. You could take Colston or Bush off the team
and they still win. And someone could throw some more stats out and it wouldn't change my opinion.

I was just wondering why you said "few" other changes. The team as a whole made quite a few changes, such as those I mentioned. I'm in agreement that Brees was a big factor, but I'm not convinced he alone would've made such a big difference for that team w/ Haslett and no Bush or Colston.

And the defensive players they added were important too, when you consider that they helped shave the opponents score by 4 points a game. That's significant enough to help any offense win more games, as us Buc fans used to know..    :(

I know stats don't mean squat, but with that point differential in mind, it's hard to ignore the fact that NO won two games by 3 points. Had they given up 4 more in each of those games, they're 8-8 and tied with Carolina, who beat them twice, for the division. Guess what, no playoffs, even with Brees.

whobdis

Pro Bowler

#42 : July 12, 2007, 09:08:00 PM

<I know stats don't mean squat, but with that point differential in mind, it's hard to ignore the fact that NO won two games by 3 points. Had they given up 4 more in each of those games, they're 8-8 and tied with Carolina, who beat them twice, for the division. Guess what, no playoffs, even with Brees.>

I guess I'm going to beat this point to death..but what else do we have to talk about this time of year!
I really don't disagree with your points about the changes..for some reason I had a brain lock about the
coaching change and thay was probably the biggest. And I think Duece being healthy was huge.
Part of the scoring differential though I believe was due to the TD/INT ration difference between Brees
and Brooks. Brees was 26/11 and Brooks was 13/17 (the previous year). I don't mean to say Bree's is
a future hall of famer..but the difference between him and Brooks was pretty significant.  The last time
we had that kind of ratio/performance out of our QB..we went pretty far.  If we get that this year I
expect we'll be quite happy.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Clayton on ESPN says the BUCS are the #1 sleeper team this year. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools