Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tank Johnson--all charges dropped. « previous next »
Page: 1 2

buckit

Hall of Famer

: July 11, 2007, 02:43:32 PM

Now would you take him?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but rather than cutting him outright, the Bears put him on waivers, no?  If so, expect them to reclaim him quickly.

Dear Glazers,

Please sell the team to Eddie DeBartolo.

Thank you,
--the fans

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#1 : July 11, 2007, 02:49:58 PM

http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?topic=11220.0

Check the details from the arrest report.  Tank had clearly been drinking, after taking Valium earlier (by his own admission), couldn't pass the field sobriety test, and didn't believe he would pass the blood test.  For a guy that wanted to be "NFL Man of the Year", and under incredible scrutiny, it doesn't sound like he made very smart choices. 

I'll still pass.

buckit

Hall of Famer

#2 : July 11, 2007, 02:50:46 PM

Bah.  Can he tackle?  Then sign him.

Dear Glazers,

Please sell the team to Eddie DeBartolo.

Thank you,
--the fans

JC510

Practice Squad

#3 : July 11, 2007, 03:06:47 PM

Reclaim him? That was a joke right? He just got out of prison and he's out there drinking and driving and speeding at 3am. Yes lets sign him! He can room with Stevens.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#4 : July 11, 2007, 03:07:42 PM

Sing him now! No question, witout a doubt. He would make this DL one of the tops in the league again.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#5 : July 11, 2007, 03:13:41 PM

Sing him now! No question, witout a doubt. He would make this DL one of the tops in the league again.
Have to say it would be a risk/reward type of thing.

But ultimately, the formal charges were dropped.  And bear in mind that he won't be able to play for more than half the season, and by then, he could be fatter, and not game ready for the rest of the year.  PLUS he is going to want a nice chunk of money despite his prior rep, and someone will buy his services. 

I think he would be a nice sign, he doesn't bring any more sacking ability than the next tackle on the block...but he is a good run stuffer.  BUt we have that in Hovan all ready, right? 

Another thing to think about is Carter is an antique (a solid one, but still...), and Tank brings some depth to the line.

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#6 : July 11, 2007, 03:56:18 PM

See my thread on Tank which gives the "rest of the story"

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

Sgt.Shultz

Hall of Famer

#7 : July 11, 2007, 04:02:05 PM

i cannot stand all these headcases in the NFL thinking they deserve to get millions despite the fact that they break nfl rules and federal laws....there is a fine line where personality and talent are accepted but this goes beyond it...do not sign him!

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#8 : July 11, 2007, 05:51:59 PM

He's already going to miss 8 games and possibly more.

T

Hall of Famer

#9 : July 11, 2007, 06:39:03 PM

He wouldn't last 2 days here in Tampa around all the strip clubs and hot women. The women in Chicago look so bad that he had to pay more attention to guns.He would be in trouble with the Gorgeous women in Tampa

Sgt.Shultz

Hall of Famer

#10 : July 11, 2007, 06:42:32 PM

He wouldn't last 2 days here in Tampa around all the strip clubs and hot women. The women in Chicago look so bad that he had to pay more attention to guns.He would be in trouble with the Gorgeous women in Tampa
idk man.....i love florida but im from maryland....and it seems to me all the hot women in florida...come from outta state.....i know chicks in florida and they are of the ''meh'' category....but thats just me

T

Hall of Famer

#11 : July 11, 2007, 06:59:09 PM

My Girl is home grown Fl(check her out in Hot Women thread in Pirates Cove) I spent a week in Chicago and all the women there are "UGH" I've been alot of places and the hottest women end up in Florida, but North Carolina is nice also. Last Bucs/Panthers game I went to my neck hurt, the southern accents and the way they looked was a great combo.

Sgt.Shultz

Hall of Famer

#12 : July 11, 2007, 07:00:52 PM

My Girl is home grown Fl(check her out in Hot Women thread in Pirates Cove) I spent a week in Chicago and all the women there are "UGH" I've been alot of places and the hottest women end up in Florida, but North Carolina is nice also. Last Bucs/Panthers game I went to my neck hurt, the southern accents and the way they looked was a great combo.
i will give u one thing.....Southern women are soooooo hot...my gf is from texas and jeez...she doesnt have the accent tho :( but its all good

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#13 : July 11, 2007, 08:19:04 PM

Problem is Tank got lucky to be some fraction under the legal limit by the slimmest margin. If he doesn't stop to take a leak on the way outta the bar, for example, he's drunk when they pull him over. That's not like people were wrong, they just weren't as right as they could have been. Guy is still a grade A clown.

Plus, he doesn't help us, he was a NT not a UT. He's Hovan part II so he's not going to help the spot on this DL that needs to most help.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Ericsbucs371

Hall of Famer

#14 : July 11, 2007, 09:12:32 PM

Reclaim him? That was a joke right? He just got out of prison and he's out there drinking and driving and speeding at 3am. Yes lets sign him! He can room with Stevens.
LOL Thats a good one.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tank Johnson--all charges dropped. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools