Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Rank our offensive line and receiving core... « previous next »
Page: 1 2

BornaBuc47

Hall of Famer

: July 11, 2007, 07:22:22 PM

I'd like to take the time out of my day to list all of the offensive line's and receiving cores from each team and then compare ours to them, but I don't have the time today. Maybe somebody else does. This probably deserves two threads but I figured I was going to talk about both so why start two threads and piss everyone off. So what do you think? Out of 32 teams in the NFL where do our boys rank right now? Here's my opinions...

Bucs offensive line...28 out of 32 with Detroit, Houston, Cleveland, and Oakland falling behind us in no particular order.

Bucs Receivers...21 out of 32 teams with several teams being real close to moving us backwards. This is a tough one because if a couple of guys make a push like Boston, Clayton, Stovall and company we could be pretty good but as of right now it's so hard to tell.

From 12 Pro Bowlers to 0-We got hosed alright

JC510

Practice Squad

#1 : July 11, 2007, 07:47:05 PM

If Buenning is ready to go our line will be top 10. Maybe even top 5. Yes I'm serious.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#2 : July 11, 2007, 08:25:46 PM

We have Galloway and a bag of rocks in that group and Galloway isn't Steve Smithian levels of good to pull us up all by himself. For me I have to find a team that has no real #1 and a bag of rocks everywhere else to be behind us. Jax is an example of that. KC falls into that category, so does CLE unless you count TE's are part of the receieving corps in which case both teams pass us.

Behind us are: Tenn, KC, CLE, JAX, OAK, MIA and ATL so 25th

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#3 : July 11, 2007, 08:27:08 PM

Better than Oaktown, worse than the Colts.

LA BUC

Starter

#4 : July 11, 2007, 11:41:38 PM

We finally got a TE J. Stevens and that alone makes our O- line and WRs a lot better.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#5 : July 11, 2007, 11:51:50 PM

If Buenning is ready to go our line will be top 10. Maybe even top 5. Yes I'm serious.

Go to any psychiatric ward in the world, and the patients will all say the same.   :o

#6 : July 11, 2007, 11:53:18 PM

lol

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#7 : July 12, 2007, 08:03:57 AM

We finally got a TE J. Stevens and that alone makes our O- line and WRs a lot better.

Stevens is certainly an upgrade at TE. If he can keep his head straight he'll produce big-time in this offense. Gruden loves using the TE and having an athletic player like Stevens will only help, there's no question.

I am excited about the offense this year, hell, anything will be better than that atrocity last year. IF Garcia can stay healthy this team will be greatly improved.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#8 : July 12, 2007, 08:25:50 AM

Here's Football Outsider's 2006 offensive line rankings. The Bucs finished 28th in run blocking and somehow 10th in pass protection. I guess you're not penalized for amount of max protect. No offensive lineman was ranked higher than 15th at his position.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#9 : July 12, 2007, 08:32:06 AM

Let the preseason begin. It sure looks better on paper.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#10 : July 12, 2007, 08:58:07 AM

We are still in the lower 5 of the league. In my eyes anyway, until I see some actual improvement.

corruptpirate

Pro Bowler

#11 : July 12, 2007, 11:22:43 AM

For the OL, the team certainly has the talent to be top half, maybe even top 10. But all the talent in the world doesn't meansquat if they can't produce. Right now though, I would say the team is in the bottom 5. As for the WRs, its also bottom 5. Aside from Galloway, there is no legitimate receiving threat on the team. Clayton looked good in TC last year as well, but didn't really translate into the season.

acacius

Hall of Famer

#12 : July 12, 2007, 11:34:16 AM

Oddly enough, I actually feel significantly better about the team's offensive line than I do their receiving corps.

Which, I believe, is what's generally known as damning with faint praise.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#13 : July 12, 2007, 01:03:51 PM

I would rank our Oline, based on absolutly nothing, 15.  Lots of potential, very little experience. 

The WR's about 25 which I derived by adding Galloway and Stovalls jersey numbers then dividing by the sum of Clayton and Boston's numbers then adding Caddy's #.         (84+85)/(89+80)+24

Since I used math, my ranking is more accurate than any other ranking posted, today, between 1:02 and 1:04

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#14 : July 12, 2007, 01:06:56 PM

We are still in the lower 5 of the league. In my eyes anyway, until I see some actual improvement.
Actual improvement meaning sets with just 1 tight end...

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Rank our offensive line and receiving core... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools