Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: yanks/rays « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#15 : July 15, 2007, 10:42:58 PM

ICIT, the BoSox would MOS DEF sign A-Rod given the chance.  To think they would not is most laughable.

Imean, the guy is a absolute amazing ball player.  He is not perfect, but he is as close as it gets in baseball...

Before we get lost in the Post-Season debate, remember he has many many more years left to prove himself.  Patience is a virtue.

I mean, Jordan was a monster too.  It took him quite a while to get it done.

InChuckyITrust

Hall of Famer

#16 : July 15, 2007, 10:54:42 PM

ICIT, the BoSox would MOS DEF sign A-Rod given the chance. To think they would not is most laughable.

Imean, the guy is a absolute amazing ball player. He is not perfect, but he is as close as it gets in baseball...

Before we get lost in the Post-Season debate, remember he has many many more years left to prove himself. Patience is a virtue.

I mean, Jordan was a monster too. It took him quite a while to get it done.
Ill take anyones bet any dollar amt Arod doesnt end up in boston.  Any amount.

"there are no medals here for who can stay at the office the longest," said Jagodzinski. "I'm not into that. The guys that brag about working till 2 in the morning, in my opinion, they're just not smart enough. "

18,2,25,13 ... murderers row?

I support coach Calhoun and his salary

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#17 : July 15, 2007, 11:00:33 PM

ICIT, the BoSox would MOS DEF sign A-Rod given the chance. To think they would not is most laughable.

Imean, the guy is a absolute amazing ball player. He is not perfect, but he is as close as it gets in baseball...

Before we get lost in the Post-Season debate, remember he has many many more years left to prove himself. Patience is a virtue.

I mean, Jordan was a monster too. It took him quite a while to get it done.
Ill take anyones bet any dollar amt Arod doesnt end up in boston. Any amount.
I am quite sure you are right.

But to say never is a bit of a stretch.  A-Rod might be ready to move on to a town that he won't be as severly scrutinized in...and still be on a team (that currently) is better.  Kills two birds with one stone.  It is not as if the man is hurting for cash.

I mean, to take 4 million less seems like a lot, but then again, maybe the Sox offer him a ton of loot, and he gets compensated rather fairly.  It has happened before.

Yanks fans were absolutely BRUTAL to him, including yourself ICIT, and you don't even live in NY.  I can imagine that he seeks employment elsewhere.  The Cubs is the HOT team in the gossip column right now.

Not saying he will be a Bosock, just saying it is just as possible for him to bolt there, and win a title, all the while thinking he is "paying" the Yankee fans back for their flip-flop mentality...

But then again maybe not.

InChuckyITrust

Hall of Famer

#18 : July 15, 2007, 11:05:18 PM

The Red Sox are not stupid enough to put ARod and Varitek/Schilling/Manny/Poppy/any longtime sock together.  The sox are said to be a team that values chemistry (something NYY dont) and one thing you cant say about ARod is that hes a well liked guy.  NYY is THE PERFECT city for him, as he can just keep laughing at his critics.  make no mistake ARod is a glory hog and he knows if he hits 800 in NY he'll be one of the 5 biggest sports superstars of alltime.  Not gonna happen in Chicago, or SF, or anaheim.  The NYY are the premier franchise in baseball as far as spotlight goes.

Hes been showered with love and praise this year atleast at the ball park, so if he wants to hold it against us for letting him have it when he struggled then frig him, hes not a real yankee anyway.  However, he will continue to be a NYY.

Also boid, not sure what me not being a NYer has to do with anything.  I am about 45 miles away and a season ticket holder  :P

"there are no medals here for who can stay at the office the longest," said Jagodzinski. "I'm not into that. The guys that brag about working till 2 in the morning, in my opinion, they're just not smart enough. "

InChuckyITrust

Hall of Famer

#19 : July 15, 2007, 11:10:14 PM

Also, ARod seems to be the only athlete who wants to seek revenge for NYers "flipflopping".  Sports fans/cities do this stuff all the time, Phil Simms/Terry Bradshaw come to mind.  Seems that the media and general public WANT arod to get "Revenge"" against the evil yankee fanbase.  Or maybe thats just all you guys trying to think for him and hoping just so hard deepdown somehow the hated yankee fans will suffer.  Guess what, aint happenin'

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#20 : July 16, 2007, 12:14:09 AM

Yep.. obnoxious Red Sox fans and obnoxious Yanks fans are neck in neck for the "Philadelphia Eagle Fan" award.

BucJam07

Hall of Famer

#21 : July 16, 2007, 01:34:37 AM

I personally think this is gonna be a tough series for the rays.

Go ask your Yankee season saver Roger Clemens if the D-Rays are affraid of the big bad 10+ games back in the middle of July. <----As I predicted in April ICIT.

AROD will female dog slap all the idiot Yankee fans who think they can repay thier 3+ years of harrassment with just one season of man love. A Red Sock he'll be, again at SS, he'll win the Gold Glove in his first year back, have a BA of .030+ more than Jeter, 35+ more HR's than Jeter, and 80+ more RBI's than Jeter. Cementing him as the best SS in the history of the game and starting the AROD curse over the Yankees lasting the next 50 years. Especially after he breaks Barry Bonds homerun record in a Red Sox uniform, in the new Yankme Stadium, circling the bases with both middle fingers waving high at the 40,000+ bafoon-like Yankee fans.
as usual, your idiotic opinion is one of hate ,ignorance, and jealousy.

Actually I thought it was a very bold prediction of the future.

EVERYTHING you ICIT say about the Yankees is derived from blind love of a franchise that out-spends 29 other teams to compete with teams like the 2003 Florida Marlins and thier $39 million payroll. WHO WON THAT ONE HUH? Also you said back in May that Roger Clemens and Chin Ming Wang Sung Chang Fung was going to double handedly save your season. Have you seen a difference yet brotha? NO, cuz your team is garbage, keep the ever loved in NY AROD off the bases and your team is 20+ games back of any and all races. GET YOUR FREAKIN' MIND RIGHT ICIT, your team is shiit this year, see ya next with a 300+ million payroll and NO pitching and begging Clemens to attempt to save your sorry assz franchise again. Yankees suck, with thier MLB leading $240 MILLION payroll, they can't do anything correct consistantly. ICIT, this isn't 1996, your team is finished, welcome to the state of the Buccaneers defense of last year.

You Can't Spell SCUM Without The

BucJam07

Hall of Famer

#22 : July 16, 2007, 01:37:23 AM

Ill take anyones bet any dollar amt Arod doesnt end up in boston. Any amount.

I'm quite the gambler ICIT, put your $$$$$$ where your fat Yankee mouth is.  I bet you $100,000, yes a 100k, that he doesn't resign with the Yankmees because all of your fans can't and won't ever realize you have a Top-5 player of all-time. It's noticably convienent that your idiot fans are finally supporting this guy...he could be a Red Sock next year and you guys are trying your best to flip flop and make him feel better.

You guys are sounding like all the democratic candidates when it comes to thier personal votes for the war in Iraq in 2003. FLIP FLOP. Whatever suits you best now, who cares about your past record.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#23 : July 16, 2007, 02:31:55 AM

The Red Sox are not stupid enough to put ARod and Varitek/Schilling/Manny/Poppy/any longtime sock together.  The sox are said to be a team that values chemistry (something NYY dont) and one thing you cant say about ARod is that hes a well liked guy.  NYY is THE PERFECT city for him, as he can just keep laughing at his critics.  make no mistake ARod is a glory hog and he knows if he hits 800 in NY he'll be one of the 5 biggest sports superstars of alltime.  Not gonna happen in Chicago, or SF, or anaheim.  The NYY are the premier franchise in baseball as far as spotlight goes.

Hes been showered with love and praise this year atleast at the ball park, so if he wants to hold it against us for letting him have it when he struggled then frig him, hes not a real yankee anyway.  However, he will continue to be a NYY.

Also boid, not sure what me not being a NYer has to do with anything. I am about 45 miles away and a season ticket holder :P

Once again, the Yank fans are severly critical, and if ARod doesn;t hit 35 homeruns in a 7 game series, they boo him, critique him like they KNOW what is up.  NYers are notorious for being hard on the Yanks.  Love em, or hate em.  And ARod is about as scrutinized as they come.  Not just in the Big Apple media, but in ALL media.  The difference being, NY media is worse, and heartless, and will talk about what ARods wife is wearing to a game...gimme a break! 

Being a season tix holder has nothing to do with it...I was bringing up a point here.

You have been critical of him, I have read it.  Very critical.  I remember the playoffs last year...I am sure you do too...And unless that smacks of a "typical" Yank fan, it would be a bandwagon guy talking.  And I know you love the Yanks, nothing wrong with that.

But since he has been the BRUISER in the MLB, he gets all the love.  He is a MVP candidate, even though the Yanks most likely (according to odds and stats) will not make the playoffs.  But the Yanks without him are the Orioles this year.  Not very good.  What happens if the Yanks miraculously make the playoffs, and A-Rod sucks it again?  Will you be so eager to see him resigned?  Will you be the first guy to call him a shriveling testicle because he "can't hang" in the big game?  I know the other NYers will be.  I KNOW it.

Another thig:  I have never heard that ARod is a bad teammate.  But anytime he says PEEP, the media blows it up outrageously.  He is a solid teammate, not a problem guy at all.  Pair him with the guys you listed, and the Socks are 20 games better than the Yanks.  You know it, and I know it.

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#24 : July 16, 2007, 07:04:16 AM

"All Yankee fans are jackoffs"

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM
 \"The bet is off now.\"12/10 1:24 PM

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#25 : July 16, 2007, 09:12:17 AM

Yep.. obnoxious Red Sox fans and obnoxious Yanks fans are neck in neck for the "Philadelphia Eagle Fan" award.
What I mean by this is this. Something an Eagles fan would pull.
Press-Telegram wire services
Article Launched: 07/15/2007 12:18:04 AM PDT

The Yankees are reviewing security tapes from the Stadium and urging loyal fans to come forward to identify the individual who fell onto a tourist in the upper deck - breaking the Seattle-area man's neck.

"The Yankees want people's assistance in identifying the man who fell," Howard Rubenstein, a spokesman for the team, told the New York Daily News on Saturday.

Yankees officials launched their probe into the horrific accident after The News reported exclusively on Saturday that Seattle-area teacher Paul Robinson's neck was broken by another fan last Sunday.

Robinson, 53, was in the top tier at Yankee Stadium with his wife, Kathy, and 13-year-old son John during the Yankees' 12-0 blowout against the Angels when a mystery fan tumbled out of a seat several rows above them.

The fan landed on Robinson, snapping his head forward so hard it broke the vertebra below Robinson's skull. The fan who fell lay motionless until two friends dragged him out of the section.

"This person was obviously out of control," Kathy Robinson said. "He could not get up by himself. His friends came over and dragged him away quickly. They didn't even ask if Paul was okay."

BucJam07

Hall of Famer

#26 : July 16, 2007, 12:54:14 PM

"All Yankee fans are jackoffs"

I said this a few months back and actually revealed who I was quoting, I got dubbed as an "Ignorant Yankee Hater". Well atleast the last two words are correct.

Anyways, I was at the Yanks vs Rays game yesterday (Sunday) and honestly alot of the Yankee fans I was stting with, were quite fun to be around. Until they started to win. It's like thier humbleness dissapeared into complete idiocy. When the Yanks gave up the HR to Carlos Pena these fans once again sat down and acted human, then they grabbed the lead back, and of course, these same fans start bashing a team who's givin them a great game and also forgetting that thier payroll is slightly more than AROD's contract alone. The Yankee fans as a whole aren't ignorant, or pompus, but there's a great majority of them who are. $35 million vs $240 million should produce a series sweep which wouldn't have one close game. But the Rays are good enough to beat the Yankees any givin night. Like a previous post said. "The Yankees without AROD are the Orioles this year, not good."

T

Hall of Famer

#27 : July 17, 2007, 01:22:10 AM

Also boid, not sure what me not being a NYer has to do with anything. I am about 45 miles away and a season ticket holder :P

As a NYY fan what do you think about the reports on ESPN that say if AROD becomes, a free agent the Yankees will not pursue him? If they lose him they will be as bad as the Rays next year.Heck they have him and they are just barely better than the Rays.The same network has reported that the Red Sox will agressively pursue AROD if he hits the open market,Schilling has an option year this year,Manny's contract is up next year and Mike Lowell is a Free Agent this off season.So I think it's likely that AROD goes to Boston,Anaheim,SF or the Cubs.If Ichiro is getting nearly 20 million AROD is gonna command more than 25 million per year and remember the Rangers are paying a portion of his contract if he opts out the Yankees have to pay all of his contract,if they resign him which I doubt.Unless Boras negotiates in season with the Yankees AROD is gone.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#28 : July 17, 2007, 01:24:31 AM

The Red Sox are not stupid enough to put ARod and Varitek/Schilling/Manny/Poppy/any longtime sock together. The sox are said to be a team that values chemistry (something NYY dont) and one thing you cant say about ARod is that hes a well liked guy. NYY is THE PERFECT city for him, as he can just keep laughing at his critics. make no mistake ARod is a glory hog and he knows if he hits 800 in NY he'll be one of the 5 biggest sports superstars of alltime. Not gonna happen in Chicago, or SF, or anaheim. The NYY are the premier franchise in baseball as far as spotlight goes.

Hes been showered with love and praise this year atleast at the ball park, so if he wants to hold it against us for letting him have it when he struggled then frig him, hes not a real yankee anyway. However, he will continue to be a NYY.

As a NYY fan what do you think about the reports on ESPN that say if AROD becomes, a free agent the Yankees will not pursue him? If they lose him they will be as bad as the Rays next year.Heck they have him and they are just barely better than the Rays.The same network has reported that the Red Sox will agressively pursue AROD if he hits the open market,Schilling has an option year this year,Manny's contract is up next year and Mike Lowell is a Free Agent this off season.So I think it's likely that AROD goes to Boston,Anaheim,SF or the Cubs.If Ichiro is getting nearly 20 million AROD is gonna command more than 25 million per year and remember the Rangers are paying a portion of his contract if he opts out the Yankees have to pay all of his contract,if they resign him which I doubt.Unless Boras negotiates in season with the Yankees AROD is gone.

To be honest, losing Arod is not going to make them as BAD as the Rays...that is just absurd...

No way in hell are the Rays going to be BETTER than the Yanks with the loss of A-Rod.  Not a chance.

T

Hall of Famer

#29 : July 17, 2007, 01:42:03 AM

Boid if it wasn't for AROD this year the Yanks would be far worse off than they already are. In all seriousness they would not be as bad as the Rays but they would be even farther out of contention without AROD.If they don't make a huge splash in the offseason(which is highly unlikely) here is who they have without AROD(the likely MVP again)

Damon-Past his prime & not nearly worth what they are paying him
Jeter-A clutch singles hitter who isn't even the best SS on his team currently
Matsui-Injuries slowed him early in the year but he is now picking it up
Giambi-Is he even gonna play for them again?
Cano-Slumping big time this year can he rebound?
Abreu-Is getting hot now,but is underachieving
Posada-Is a free agent, and performing very well

Let's not begin about the Yankees pitching woes and that Rivera is a free agent after this season.This is going to be a intresting off season for the Yankees

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: yanks/rays « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools