Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: yanks/rays « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#30 : July 17, 2007, 01:51:50 AM

Boid if it wasn't for AROD this year the Yanks would be far worse off than they already are. In all seriousness they would not be as bad as the Rays but they would be even farther out of contention without AROD.If they don't make a huge splash in the offseason(which is highly unlikely) here is who they have without AROD(the likely MVP again)

Damon-Past his prime & not nearly worth what they are paying him
Jeter-A clutch singles hitter who isn't even the best SS on his team currently
Matsui-Injuries slowed him early in the year but he is now picking it up
Giambi-Is he even gonna play for them again?
Cano-Slumping big time this year can he rebound?
Abreu-Is getting hot now,but is underachieving
Posada-Is a free agent, and performing very well

Let's not begin about the Yankees pitching woes and that Rivera is a free agent after this season.This is going to be a intresting off season for the Yankees
I was the first to say the Yanks without ARod would be bad...check the above posts...but to say they would be as bad, or worse, than the Rays is a stretch is all.  The Rays stink, and the entire sports world knows it.  Sans the homers.  BUt hey...whaddyagonnado?  I respect a homer.  Without them, sports would suck.

I just don't respect blind opinions.  And there have been a few Rays homers that have made me laugh in their absolute doggedness that the Rays are going to be able to surpass the juggernauts in front of them.

It is business as usual for the Rays.  They are a laughing stock in the MLB.  They simply need a larger market or a incredible amount of luck to surpass the Sox or the Yanks.  MLB is mostly about money spent.  No money spent GENERALLY (and look the word up before hounding me guys), generally is a huge mitigating factor in how much success a team has...not always...but usually.

T

Hall of Famer

#31 : July 17, 2007, 02:02:08 AM

Boid if it wasn't for AROD this year the Yanks would be far worse off than they already are. In all seriousness they would not be as bad as the Rays but they would be even farther out of contention without AROD.If they don't make a huge splash in the offseason(which is highly unlikely) here is who they have without AROD(the likely MVP again)

Let's not begin about the Yankees pitching woes and that Rivera is a free agent after this season.This is going to be a intresting off season for the Yankees
I was the first to say the Yanks without ARod would be bad...check the above posts...but to say they would be as bad, or worse, than the Rays is a stretch is all. The Rays stink, and the entire sports world knows it. Sans the homers. BUt hey...whaddyagonnado? I respect a homer. Without them, sports would suck.

I just don't respect blind opinions. And there have been a few Rays homers that have made me laugh in their absolute doggedness that the Rays are going to be able to surpass the juggernauts in front of them.

It is business as usual for the Rays. They are a laughing stock in the MLB. They simply need a larger market or a incredible amount of luck to surpass the Sox or the Yanks. MLB is mostly about money spent. No money spent GENERALLY (and look the word up before hounding me guys), generally is a huge mitigating factor in how much success a team has...not always...but usually.
In my post that you quoted I Said "In all seriousness the yanks would not be as bad as the Rays" I was being sarcastic. I am not a blind Rays homer they have many problems-Ownerships unwillingness to field a competitive team,horrible stadium and the worst scouting department in the entire MLB

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#32 : July 17, 2007, 02:23:14 AM

I was the first to say the Yanks without ARod would be bad...check the above posts...but to say they would be as bad, or worse, than the Rays is a stretch is all. The Rays stink, and the entire sports world knows it. Sans the homers. BUt hey...whaddyagonnado? I respect a homer. Without them, sports would suck.

I just don't respect blind opinions. And there have been a few Rays homers that have made me laugh in their absolute doggedness that the Rays are going to be able to surpass the juggernauts in front of them.

It is business as usual for the Rays. They are a laughing stock in the MLB. They simply need a larger market or a incredible amount of luck to surpass the Sox or the Yanks. MLB is mostly about money spent. No money spent GENERALLY (and look the word up before hounding me guys), generally is a huge mitigating factor in how much success a team has...not always...but usually.
In my post that you quoted I Said "In all seriousness the yanks would not be as bad as the Rays" I was being sarcastic. I am not a blind Rays homer they have many problems-Ownerships unwillingness to field a competitive team,horrible stadium and the worst scouting department in the entire MLB
Just casually rebutting my man.

I know what you were getting at.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#33 : July 17, 2007, 03:07:00 AM

the rays have a bad scouting dept?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

T

Hall of Famer

#34 : July 17, 2007, 03:26:28 AM

What else explains so many players not living up to their 1st round talent?? And the failure of the Rays to find talent deep in the draft like other teams.

#35 : July 18, 2007, 12:39:01 PM

What else explains so many players not living up to their 1st round talent?? And the failure of the Rays to find talent deep in the draft like other teams.
I don't post here anymore, just got linked to a thread, but this is false and ridiculous

Paul Wilder
Jason Standridge
Josh Hamilton
Rocco Baldelli
BJ Upton
Delmon Young
Jeff Niemann
Wade Townsend
Evan Longoria
David Price
Dewon Brazelton

More hits than misses, as far as talent in the later rounds, this isn't the NFL, after the first 30 or so rounds you see teams select HS arms that are bound for college, even more so it's not bad scouting, it's bad decision making by LaMar, in the same draft we got Hammy and CC we should've had Pujols, but LaMar didn't take his scout's word for it. Of course the media doesn't report that, it would make the Rays look good for having an idea about a talent, a round and a half later he goes to the Cards.

The 2004 draft:

Niemann
Brignac
Davis
McGee
Royster
Perez
Hughes
Sonnanstine
Fines
Nowak

All good players in the system, with the top 3-4 being top prospects in all of baseball.

The organization hasn't done many things right in 10 years, but drafting is one of them.

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

#36 : July 18, 2007, 04:44:17 PM

I think the best place for Arod would be the Chicago Cubs, and with new ownership coming it is very possible he could land some serious money to play alongside Lee and Soriano. The fans in Chicago have always had a blind sort of love for their Cubbies and there star players. If Arod was able to put up these numbers on that team and lift them into the playoffs and probably the World Series, in the NL it is very possible, He would instantly be seen as the 'savior' of the Cubs and he would be put down as the best ever when he reached the record. There is no doubt in my mind the Yankees will offer hm 30 mil or more, but I think the fans have ruined it for him and I think he would be much happier to play for the Cubs or Bosox.

And to say The Yanks are the premiere franchise in baseball history is hilarious, being the richest doesn't make you the best or most 'premiere' in all of baseball.

joedav01

Hall of Famer

#37 : July 21, 2007, 12:40:19 AM

The Rays pounded the Yankees 14-4 tonight in da Bronx.  :)

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#38 : July 21, 2007, 12:47:03 AM

Yes they did.  Go Rays

BucJam07

Hall of Famer

#39 : July 21, 2007, 04:31:05 PM

Once again the home plate umpire's strike zone is fully stretched for the Yankmees but shrunken for the Rays.

I guess the DRays have to score 10+ runs against the Yankmees, because when it's a close game, the umpires give the Yankmees every close call. Makes me sick.

Joe Maddon is an idiot. Why the hell do you leave Ryu in for so long. He came in the 5th and did good but in the 6th he gave up 1st and 2nd with no outs, then 2 strike outs, then 5 runs.

WTF were you thinking Maddon? You're an ignorant bench coach at best!

You Can't Spell SCUM Without The

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#40 : July 21, 2007, 11:01:18 PM

Excuses excuses.

If the Rays pound the Yanks, it is golden delight.

If the Yanks pound the Rays, it is a shrunken plate, and Maddon is an idiot.  Well, Maddon is an idiot anyway, but...

I hate the Yanks, FWIW, but c'mon now.

BucJam07

Hall of Famer

#41 : July 22, 2007, 02:12:13 AM

Excuses excuses.

If the Rays pound the Yanks, it is golden delight.

If the Yanks pound the Rays, it is a shrunken plate, and Maddon is an idiot. Well, Maddon is an idiot anyway, but...

I hate the Yanks, FWIW, but c'mon now.

Don't try to make a rational response on a half way irrational post...lol....17-5 Yankmees in game two....Maddon again leaves a guy in to give up 5+ runs in an inning after the Rays bats score 3 to make it a two run game in the 6th...he's an idiot.

InChuckyITrust

Hall of Famer

#42 : July 22, 2007, 09:36:00 AM

And to say The Yanks are the premiere franchise in baseball history is hilarious, being the richest doesn't make you the best or most 'premiere' in all of baseball.
Another one just too blinded by hate to have a rational opinion.

Youre right, being the richest doesnt make you the best, but winning the most championships does.  26 of them to be exact.  And try as yankee haters might, you cant take away world series championships. 

"there are no medals here for who can stay at the office the longest," said Jagodzinski. "I'm not into that. The guys that brag about working till 2 in the morning, in my opinion, they're just not smart enough. "

18,2,25,13 ... murderers row?

I support coach Calhoun and his salary

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#43 : July 22, 2007, 11:12:45 AM

Being a Yankees fan is the easiest fan to be in the world. Simply because you have the world series to fall back on. Although they haven't won it since 2000. Most Yankee "fans" that aren't from New York didn't become Yankee "fans" until the mid 90's. Most Yankee fans ignore the 80's and the 1st half of the 90's. I think another reason so many hate the Yankees is because ESPN only covers them and the Red Sox. My sole reason for hating the Yankees is because of Billy Martin. I really do wish that George Brett would have gotten ahold of Martin that day when Martin whined and cried like a little girl. This coming week the Yankees and the Royals get a chance to get after each other. I can only hope we do what we did to the Red Sox and make the east coast media cover us when we take 2 out of 3.

BucJam07

Hall of Famer

#44 : July 22, 2007, 01:16:37 PM

Another one just too blinded by hate to have a rational opinion.

Youre right, being the richest doesnt make you the best, but winning the most championships does. 26 of them to be exact. And try as yankee haters might, you cant take away world series championships.

I agree, Though I really hate the Yankmees, I want to see them on tv, I want to see them in the playoffs, I want to see them choke. It's not the same rich postseason without a great Red Sox vs Yankees series.

In my eyes, this makes them very premiere. If they aren't the most who is?  Not the Mets, Chi-Bo Sox, Cubs, Cards, Braves, Dodgers, Giants, or any of them, unfortunetly the Yankmees are, and quite frankly 26 championships says they deserve the title.

Okay ICIT, after those last two sentences I have to cleanse my soul....The Yankmees suck, 8+ back?. Go Braves N Rays.

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: yanks/rays « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools