Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Will Simms survive TC « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

« : July 12, 2007, 09:24:30 AM »

OK we have heard the rumors about him slipping down the depth chart so where will he end up in September:

a - Fully fit and number two behind Garcia

b - Injured Reserve

c - PUP

d - Cut

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think he starts the season on the PUP.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
« #1 : July 12, 2007, 09:29:07 AM »

OK we have heard the rumors about him slipping down the depth chart so where will he end up in September:

a - Fully fit and number two behind Garcia

b - Injured Reserve

c - PUP

d - Cut

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think he starts the season on the PUP.

I agree.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

« #2 : July 12, 2007, 09:40:58 AM »

I think he starts the season on PUP and ends the season as the starter.

ryan24

Hall of Famer
« #3 : July 12, 2007, 09:47:11 AM »

Based on comments by JF/SR there's at least some question as to whether he can be PUP'd. So that might be an issue.

If he can be PUP'd, barring a miracle turnaround from what he was showing at Mini Camp, he's going to be PUP'd.

If he can't be PUP'd I think he'll be IR'd.

I don't think he'll be cut.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

doobiedoright

Hall of Famer

« #4 : July 12, 2007, 11:19:45 AM »

IR for what reason I have no clue...Better to just cut our losses now and cut him!

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
« #5 : July 12, 2007, 12:13:22 PM »

From what I have been able to gather, if a player is placed on the PUP list before the first roster cut, he may not practice or play before week 6. If a player is placed on IR he is unavailable for the season.

So the question is, "Will/can Simms get it together by mid-October or will he need a year to get back in throwing shape?"
He has NO trade value now, but he may might possibly could have value later this year or next year. So the most logical plan would be to PUP him if he still can't get his throwing motion right by TC start.  In week 6, he can be either IR'ed or activated, then a long term decision can be made after March 1. PUP gives all parties the most options.

Cutting him eliminates all options and we get nothing in return.  Having a possibility of getting anything for him via a trade down the road is better than cutting him now and getting nothing. So my vote is PUP.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

« #6 : July 12, 2007, 12:18:20 PM »

I'm still shocked he made it past draft day.  At this point, I think PUP is the most likely option.

umguy1999

Practice Squad

« #7 : July 12, 2007, 12:34:58 PM »

They should cut him if he can't make the roster, he will get a job somewhere else. Just cut ties and hope we can draft a decent QB next year, and hope we have a much improved O-line and Garcia stays healthy. I just hope if we do cut him Gruden doesn't have it locked into his mind that Grad's is they guy, because if we have another losing season and Gruden gets fired we will be stuck with 2 system QB's and have no choice but to get a WCO coach or OC in here.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
« #8 : July 12, 2007, 12:39:28 PM »

I think he gets the #2 spot.

nitey

Hall of Famer
« #9 : July 12, 2007, 12:54:14 PM »

I disagree with UMGuy and agree with John Galt? - cutting him serves little purpose. If Garcia has a season ending or career threating injury we could go into next year with only Gradkowski and McCown as our QB options (unless Jake decides to come back). Keeping Simms lets the team keep him around for 6 games while still being able to workout at the Training facility and attend meetings. If something happens to Garcia, he becomes a mid season option. If everything is still going well 6 games into the season he provides us with another QB in the wings for next season.

I think they will PUP or IR him - I doubt they cut him.

Success is when Skill meets OpportunityFailure is when Fantasy meets Reality

Big_MAC_Buc

Starter
« #10 : July 12, 2007, 01:37:27 PM »

I think it all depends on Chris, on how far behind he is, and on his pride, what he is willing to do or accept. I think he really has to make it back to #2 in order to remain on the team. His pride might prevent him from accepting the #3 spot behind Gradkowski. If for some reason, physical or mental, he can do no better than #3 then I think he may be cut or traded any way. I don’t know how much of his contract is guaranteed, but I doubt that the Bucs want to pay that kind of money to a wounded third string QB. Even if he was healthy and competing with Garcia and Plummer I wonder if the Bucs would keep him at #3 simply because Gruden is still pretty high on Gradkowski. If the Bucs really believe Chris has a future in Tampa they could try to place him on the PUP or IR, but if Chris is any where near healthy in that scenario he may ask for a trade so he can catch on elsewhere.

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma  made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth. --Umberto Eco

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

« #11 : July 12, 2007, 01:56:21 PM »

I think he gets the #2 spot.

Me too. It's way too early to write him off at this point.

nitey

Hall of Famer
« #12 : July 12, 2007, 02:51:47 PM »

I'm not writing him off yet. However, from what PR has revealled in both the TC issue and in private content, I'm not optimistic that Chris can get it together to compete by the time training camp starts.

I hope he IS able to compete.

Success is when Skill meets OpportunityFailure is when Fantasy meets Reality

JC510

Practice Squad

« #13 : July 12, 2007, 04:52:03 PM »

#2 or #3

Stop over-analyzing guys, you don't have the football IQ for it

bizkitlimped

Hall of Famer
« #14 : July 12, 2007, 05:15:15 PM »

I think he starts the season on PUP and ends the season as the starter.

I agree Java I think once he is healthy he will once again become our starter. The man has earned it twice now. **CENSORED** all you want about the other qb's were injured, but had it not been for him hurting his shoulder when he took over for Brad. He would have been the starter for the next couple seasons

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Will Simms survive TC « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools