Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Will Simms survive TC « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

STULAAKE

Hall of Famer

#15 : July 12, 2007, 05:18:05 PM

PUP

You must be accountable for your actions!

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#16 : July 12, 2007, 05:19:40 PM

I'll bet anyone on here cash money that barring injury Chris Simms is NOT our starter at season's end.

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#17 : July 12, 2007, 05:39:55 PM

I was thinking PUP.

NativeOfTheBay

Second String

#18 : July 12, 2007, 05:55:13 PM

Simms stays. Goes #3 on the depth chart, and if healthy, moves to #2.

JC510

Practice Squad

#19 : July 12, 2007, 05:57:13 PM

I'll bet anyone on here cash money that barring injury Chris Simms is NOT our starter at season's end.

Wow, way to go out on a limb.

watson

Hall of Famer
#20 : July 12, 2007, 06:13:54 PM

0-3....1-7......batted down balls - too many to count......does it really matter?

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#21 : July 12, 2007, 09:30:30 PM

Barring injury?  Have you been under a rock for the last decade or two?  When have the Bucs last had a season-opening starter QB who didn't get injured?

sprung4bucs

Rookie

#22 : July 12, 2007, 10:20:14 PM

Simms stays. Goes #3 on the depth chart, and if healthy, moves to #2.

Agreed.  Except Gradkowski is Gruden's number 2, and will further emerge as Gruden's #2 during TC, which means at some point, he will likely regret not allowing Simms an adequate number of reps to get back to form.  Even if Grads only has to sub for a game or two, dropping a game or two is no joke -- he's still a rookie in the big scheme.  Garcia's primary edge IS his experience.

Barring this worse case scenario and Garcia is able to pound through 16 games straight, the bench is the bench, whether you are second or third string.  My guess is that Simms is needed and stays put for depth.  No PUP or IR for him.  He felt that he was 100%, up until the time he was required to target his arm to WRs running routes, it was only then that he realized that he had another few yards to go in his recovery.  IR/PUP for technique and skill issues?

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#23 : July 12, 2007, 11:02:52 PM

I think he starts the season on PUP and ends the season as the starter.

I agree Java I think once he is healthy he will once again become our starter. The man has earned it twice now. dog all you want about the other qb's were injured, but had it not been for him hurting his shoulder when he took over for Brad. He would have been the starter for the next couple seasons

LOL, I guess if Griese getting injured = earning it.  He's only the starter this year if he gets completely healthy and Garcia gets hurt.  And even then it's not a sure thing.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#24 : July 12, 2007, 11:03:30 PM

The real question is this:  WILL HE SURVIVE DECEMBER 12, 2012?

Ericsbucs371

Hall of Famer

#25 : July 12, 2007, 11:13:15 PM

The real question is this:  WILL HE SURVIVE DECEMBER 12, 2012?
I'm sorry but what does 12/12/2012 have to do with anything?

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#26 : July 12, 2007, 11:13:43 PM

LOL!

Just GOOGLE it...

ryan24

Hall of Famer

#27 : July 12, 2007, 11:14:34 PM

Barring this worse case scenario and Garcia is able to pound through 16 games straight, the bench is the bench, whether you are second or third string.  My guess is that Simms is needed and stays put for depth.  No PUP or IR for him.  He felt that he was 100%, up until the time he was required to target his arm to WRs running routes, it was only then that he realized that he had another few yards to go in his recovery.  IR/PUP for technique and skill issues?

Imagine that....a QB who is required to "target his arm to WRs running routes". Who'd ever think a QB would have to do THAT?????!!!!!!!

We've seen the video....it's not a technique issue. He's injured.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#28 : July 12, 2007, 11:43:02 PM

I am initialy inclined to say he will be PUPed but I do think that will be the case.  I think he will end up on IR if his mechanics are still off.  IF his mechanics are not right by the start or even the end of training camp more than likely a few extra weeks will not make a difference in my opinion.  Simms in that scenario unfortunately may need another whole off season to work out his mechanics. 

Another reason is that you have a healthy McCown it seems and it would not make sense to cut him.  Will Simms be healthy with a few extra weeks?  I am not sure.

And the final reason is that if a team is down to their #3 QB you might as well flush away the teams hopes.  In that scenario why have Simms playing if he is not healthy?  Might as well let McCown play if Grads and Garcia are injured.

Ericsbucs371

Hall of Famer

#29 : July 12, 2007, 11:56:17 PM

LOL!

Just GOOGLE it...
Oh....Crazy Nut job Conspiracy Crap

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Will Simms survive TC « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools