Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Will Simms survive TC « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

BarnacleBeau

Rookie

« #30 : July 13, 2007, 12:40:27 AM »

I have a feeling that the way Gruden is shining on Simms,and glorifying Grads that if Garcia is injured and Simms is throwing to the waterboy, Grads is our man...the season is washed, we go for picks and Gruden is in the unemployment line.

Happy not to live up to Chronic's expectations.

STULAAKE

Hall of Famer

« #31 : July 13, 2007, 05:18:10 AM »

WAY too expensive for a #3...he must be at least a #2 or else he gets cut or PUP'd

You must be accountable for your actions!

lhasara

Second String
« #32 : July 13, 2007, 12:20:06 PM »

Ryan24:
Can you please supply a link to that video of Simms? Thank ya, thank ya very much!

The Crow's Nest

alldaway

Hall of Famer

« #33 : July 13, 2007, 01:50:37 PM »

We've seen the video....it's not a technique issue. He's injured

Right it is not like Chris had good technique in the first place in regards to his throwing motion.  But he made up for that with his sheer velocity of his throws.

Right now Simms without his strong arm is a huge disadvantage to put on the field of play.  Maybe this changes with training camp but I think that would be setting the expectations on Simms' return to form way too high.

ryan24

Hall of Famer
« #34 : July 13, 2007, 02:32:05 PM »

Ryan24:
Can you please supply a link to that video of Simms? Thank ya, thank ya very much!

The Crow's Nest

It's within this thread posted by Cadillac24

http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?topic=10848.0

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

bucs1

Practice Squad
« #35 : July 13, 2007, 02:52:43 PM »

Ryan24:

The Crow's Nest

It's within this thread posted by Cadillac24

http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?topic=10848.0

I'm not sure which video it is though because I posted 5 videos in that thread.  I think it's on the 1st page though.

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
« #36 : July 13, 2007, 04:14:48 PM »

If its just because of his mechanics, don't see how he can be put on PUP-but one can always hope.

Unless something major changes, can't see him on the roster when the season opens.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

dmajik85

Hall of Famer
« #37 : July 13, 2007, 09:01:43 PM »

I think C... not too sure, but I would definitely wager that he won't get cut barring a really, really sharp McCown preseason and camp.

lhasara

Second String
« #38 : July 13, 2007, 10:44:32 PM »

Ryan and Cadillac24:

Thanks for the info and the link. Unfortunately one of the video links was broken, and the only video where Simms was throwing that I could see showed him lobbing an arcing pass to a receiver, and I'm not certain that that video was the one showing his poor mechanics.

The Crow's Nest

BTW, I hope Simms is fully fit and #2 by September.

bucs1

Practice Squad
« #39 : July 13, 2007, 11:03:25 PM »

Ryan and Cadillac24:

Thanks for the info and the link. Unfortunately one of the video links was broken, and the only video where Simms was throwing that I could see showed him lobbing an arcing pass to a receiver, and I'm not certain that that video was the one showing his poor mechanics.

The Crow's Nest

The Crow's Nest:

I'm not sure what video Ryan24 was talking about and I don't even know if I ever posted a video of Chris Simms.  I also hope that Chris Simms is fully fit and our #2 QB because if Jeff Garcia goes down, we will be back to where we were last year.

ryan24

Hall of Famer
« #40 : July 14, 2007, 12:09:47 AM »

Ryan and Cadillac24:

The Crow's Nest

Now that I've had time to check the specific video I saw, which Cadillac24 posted, it is the video on the link that's broken. I can verify this by looking at my own comments down the page.

bucs1

Practice Squad
« #41 : July 14, 2007, 12:20:24 AM »

Ryan and Cadillac24:

The Crow's Nest

Now that I've had time to check the specific video I saw, which Cadillac24 posted, it is the video on the link that's broken. I can verify this by looking at my own comments down the page.

I wonder why it broke.  I'll try to find another link to it if I can and then I'll post it.

bucs1

Practice Squad
« #42 : July 14, 2007, 12:27:10 AM »

Ryan and Cadillac24:

The Crow's Nest

I wonder why it broke. I'll try to find another link to it if I can and then I'll post it.

I can't find that video Ryan24.  Buccaneers.com must have deleted it for a reason.  It was there for a couple of days and then it was gone.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

« #43 : July 14, 2007, 12:32:26 AM »

Chris has always had poor throwing mechancics.  But he has always been able to mask it though with his ability to rifle the ball through the air in the past.

What you have to understand is that the arm has less mass than the body which acts like a whip when in a throwing motion.  Chris has a long windup but puts a lot of velocity behind it.  So much that the friction of the air does not effect his passes as much compared to other QB's.  If Chris had better throwing technique he would have even greater velocity behind his throws.

But it is not just the whipping action of the arm involved.  It is the torso.  To start the whipping action of the arm you need momentum of the body.  Which requires the torso.  Simms had major surgery where his cavity was opened.  

To put it in perspective Rice who sustained a shoulder injury but later on a deep bruised torso (thank Jermaine!) lost a lot of his burst and momentum.  That was a bruise....Simms had his muscles cut not bruised.  That takes a long time to heal and it definately feels akward to Simms.

I have yet to discuss the psychological effects (huge scar on his chest) that may be plaguing him.

In short it will be a miracle of Simms can even play this year effectively.  More than likely he heads to IR.  But I am willing to give him a chance to show he may be able to come back this year.  We will find out with training camp around the corner.

ryan24

Hall of Famer
« #44 : July 14, 2007, 10:32:34 AM »

Ryan and Cadillac24:

The Crow's Nest

I wonder why it broke. I'll try to find another link to it if I can and then I'll post it.

I can't find that video Ryan24.  Buccaneers.com must have deleted it for a reason.  It was there for a couple of days and then it was gone.

Maybe Simms asked them to take it down so Bornabuc and the other Simms fans can have something to complain about. Anyone with half a brain, who watched the video, would be able to see that he was very concious of and favoring his midsection.

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Will Simms survive TC « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools