Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Whos ready for Football Saturday? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

: October 27, 2007, 11:22:35 PM

Pac-10>SEC

Go Mississppi State!

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#1 : July 16, 2007, 03:29:23 PM

doesnt sound like the greatest offseason!

we did have the 9th best recruiting class in the country. Defense from the sounds of it has been playing well. Our secondary should be one of the best in the country, but it makes no difference if the front 4 doesnt get a pass rush... which with some of the guys returning it should.

This season comes down to Dennis Dixon. Guy plays like he did at the beginning of the year were gonna be dangerous. Guy plays like he did at the end we will end up in Vegas again getting killed by a Mountain West team. Week 2 is where it comes down to. If we come out of Michigan in some way with a win (ill say its a 10% chance) we will be dangerous because the likes of U$C come to Autzen and are hardest road game would be fUCLA. I just want a competive year and Ill be happy 3rd in the pac-10.
Oregon doesn't play defense.
[/quote

t

we did have the 9th best recruiting class in the country. Defense from the sounds of it has been playing well. Our secondary should be one of the best in the country, but it makes no difference if the front 4 doesnt get a pass rush... which with some of the guys returning it should.

This season comes down to Dennis Dixon. Guy plays like he did at the beginning of the year were gonna be dangerous. Guy plays like he did at the end we will end up in Vegas again getting killed by a Mountain West team. Week 2 is where it comes down to. If we come out of Michigan in some way with a win (ill say its a 10% chance) we will be dangerous because the likes of U$C come to Autzen and are hardest road game would be fUCLA. I just want a competive year and Ill be happy 3rd in the pac-10.

Agree to a point, but your in the conference with the best offenses. Its like saying the SEC doesnt play offense
Nobody in the Pac-1 plays defense.

There are plenty of strong offenses in the SEC.

Your comparison sucks.

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM
 \"The bet is off now.\"12/10 1:24 PM

Runole

Hall of Famer
#2 : July 16, 2007, 04:01:55 PM

Oregon,

You obviously have seen Sabby Piscitelli play. What is your opinion of him as player?

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#3 : July 16, 2007, 03:53:54 PM

[/quote

t

Agree to a point, but your in the conference with the best offenses. Its like saying the SEC doesnt play offense
Nobody in the Pac-1 plays defense.

There are plenty of strong offenses in the SEC.

Your comparison sucks.

My comparison sucks? You ask anyone who has the worst offenses out of the main conferences people would say the sec. You ask that about defense people say the pac-10. Theres exceptions of course to each. For instance Oregon had one of the top secondaries last year.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#4 : July 12, 2007, 01:23:18 PM

Im so excited for college football but very nervous and scared about my team. Im trying to be optimistic as hell but man this year its hard I dont know why. Maybe its because Dennis Dixon decides to leave the Ducks for a bit to play baseball for the Braves (hitting like .130) instead of on the field working with the other players. Then this week Dexter Manley Jr is transfering because he doesnt like the fact a freshmen has moved above him on the depth chart, and we lose one of the best recruits in the country at DT (Myles Wade) due to academics and he will have to go to JC first.

I cant read Oregon at all this year. Phil Steele whos one of the more accurate prediction guys has them 2nd in the Pac-10 and a "dark horse" national championship contender. Other "experts" have them from 2-6th in the pac-10. Ill judge them after the Michigan game.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#5 : July 12, 2007, 02:38:30 PM

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#6 : July 12, 2007, 02:55:22 PM

bucnut

Hall of Famer
#7 : July 13, 2007, 10:00:19 AM

I'm so ready for some college ball I can hardly stand it!  All this following recruiting is about to get on my last nerve, and I want to see how my Gators are going to perform after the loss of most of it's D.  I think our O will be great, and can't wait to see how Tebow looks running the show.  I think our D has some outstanding YOUNG players, and it may take them a few games to gel.  We're a young team, so it's going to have it ups and downs.  I just hope there are more ups! :)

NFC South BBS Viva la Grudenistas!  GO GATORS!!!

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#8 : July 16, 2007, 01:20:45 PM

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM
 \"The bet is off now.\"12/10 1:24 PM

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#9 : July 16, 2007, 01:35:43 PM

[/quote

t

T

Hall of Famer

#10 : July 17, 2007, 02:53:48 AM

I can't wait for CFB to start since that means the NFL is even closer to starting.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#11 : July 17, 2007, 04:35:52 AM

Oregon,

You obviously have seen Sabby Piscitelli play. What is your opinion of him as player?

I wanted Sabby since last year. Stud. But he played in the pac-10 so he sucks... ;). Guy will be a starter for a while.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#12 : July 17, 2007, 04:37:40 AM

I can't wait for CFB to start since that means the NFL is even closer to starting.

week 1 will be great Ill be in seattle fri-sun. Ducks vs Michigan prayin for a huge upset, then sunday Ill be at week 1 seattle. Either will be a great weekend or awful.

Runole

Hall of Famer
#13 : July 17, 2007, 10:36:01 AM

Oregon,

I wanted Sabby since last year. Stud. But he played in the pac-10 so he sucks... ;). Guy will be a starter for a while.

Thanks for the observation..  And No the Pac doesn't Suck.. 

The regional bias of fans is amazing.. talk to Big ten and they will say they are the best talk to the South and they will say they are the best..   Just a theory but I believe there are outstanding teams all over the country and with a REAL playoff that would be proven.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#14 : July 17, 2007, 11:48:15 AM

I'm so ready for some college ball I can hardly stand it! All this following recruiting is about to get on my last nerve, and I want to see how my Gators are going to perform after the loss of most of it's D. I think our O will be great, and can't wait to see how Tebow looks running the show. I think our D has some outstanding YOUNG players, and it may take them a few games to gel. We're a young team, so it's going to have it ups and downs. I just hope there are more ups! :)

OMG, not the last one...ROFLMBAO... ;D

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Whos ready for Football Saturday? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools