Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Rate the Buccaneers Stadium and Overall Gameday Expirience - - SI.com « previous next »
Page: 1 2

RayJayinTBay

Hall of Famer

: July 12, 2007, 06:22:21 PM

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/football/nfl/fan.value.survey/index.html

Fun query to fill out if you have a few minutes

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#1 : July 12, 2007, 08:26:18 PM

I've always wondered why the Bucs themselves never ask the fans their opinion of their stadium experience.    I've been a season ticket holder for many years and I've never been asked once.    The only complaint I have is the male cheerleaders throwing things into the crowd.   If they want to give things out to the crowd, then hand them out.   Don't throw them into our faces when we are watching the game.

Big_Deal

Rookie

#2 : July 13, 2007, 01:43:41 AM

I've always wondered why the Bucs themselves never ask the fans their opinion of their stadium experience.    I've been a season ticket holder for many years and I've never been asked once.    The only complaint I have is the male cheerleaders throwing things into the crowd.   If they want to give things out to the crowd, then hand them out.   Don't throw them into our faces when we are watching the game.

I get an email from them after  every home game asking how the game day experiance was...

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#3 : July 13, 2007, 02:00:50 AM

I've always wondered why the Bucs themselves never ask the fans their opinion of their stadium experience. I've been a season ticket holder for many years and I've never been asked once. The only complaint I have is the male cheerleaders throwing things into the crowd. If they want to give things out to the crowd, then hand them out. Don't throw them into our faces when we are watching the game.

I get an email from them after every home game asking how the game day experiance was...

How do you get on that list?   My family has had season tickets since 1978 and we have never gotten any emails.

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#4 : July 13, 2007, 07:07:24 AM

Think only club seat holders get the emails.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

Cheers

Pro Bowler

#5 : July 13, 2007, 08:15:04 AM

I get an email after "most" games asking about my experience too. (I am not a Club ticket holder.)

It must be just a random check.

Buccobruce

Starter

#6 : July 13, 2007, 08:23:22 AM

... If they want to give things out to the crowd, then hand them out.   Don't throw them into our faces when we are watching the game.

Sounds like Youve had an experience or two involving a erraticly thrown t-shirt and a spilled beer...

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#7 : July 13, 2007, 08:34:59 AM

... If they want to give things out to the crowd, then hand them out. Don't throw them into our faces when we are watching the game.

Sounds like Youve had an experience or two involving a erraticly thrown t-shirt and a spilled beer...

They don't throw t-shirts, and I rarely drink beer anyway.   It would be possible they might have me spill a coke sometime.   They throw cheap beads worth about 20 cents a string.   They throw them from the back of the end zone forward into the crowd to about the 15 yard line.   They throw them mainly during breaks in the action, but also when play is going on as well (mainly because the male cheerleaders aren't even fans, they dont seem to even care about the game).   I've seen many many times where they hit someone in the side of the face since that person is turned toward the game play.   I'm surprised the Bucs haven't been sued yet for someone's eye being put out.   I haven't been hit yet, but I did have a guy dive and fall over top of us fighting to get those stupid beads.   It's uncomfortable to have to be watching to your left to make sure you dont get hit by beads when you are trying to watch the game going on to the right.   It's a disgusting thing that needs to be stopped.   The only people who like it are the ones who come to the game for the first time because it's a novelty for them.

I've mentioned this before, but one time they threw their beads into some guy's face while play was going on.   He got pissed and threw the beads back at them.   That guy was then kicked out of the stadium for throwing objects on the field.    It's a complete joke.    Admittedly this only affects the people who sit right down near the field.   But we are those people!

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#8 : July 13, 2007, 11:29:19 AM

I've always had a great time at the games (unless the Bucs lose). But I'm easy to please since usually I'm just thrilled that it's 85 and sunny when it's freezing cold back home!  :)

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#9 : July 13, 2007, 01:27:11 PM

Over the years, I've seen a lot of grown men fight over a $10 Hanes T-shirt shot into the stands.

I heard that the Buc's concessionaires recycle beer cups. Beers cost $5.25 each.

Its damn hot for most of the season - sweltering - and the fans stand for the most part of the game - why even have seats?

All-in-all, watching the games on a big screen HDTV after a dip in the pool and a back yard BBQ seems so much better than seeing the game in person and spending $2000/season tickets.

bucnut

Hall of Famer
#10 : July 13, 2007, 01:51:38 PM

I've never had a bad time at Ray J.  I start my day at about 8am at the tailgating spot sipping Mimosa's and end up back there to wait for traffic to thin out and finish up what ever food we have left...I love tailgating!

NFC South BBS Viva la Grudenistas!  GO GATORS!!!

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#11 : July 13, 2007, 02:33:55 PM

Its damn hot for most of the season - sweltering - and the fans stand for the most part of the game - why even have seats?

All-in-all, watching the games on a big screen HDTV after a dip in the pool and a back yard BBQ seems so much better than seeing the game in person and spending $2000/season tickets.

Many Bucs fans feel like this and that's why there are so many empty seats when things go wrong.

I rather be in the stadium than watching it on tv any day. There's no comparison for the die hard fans.

JC510

Practice Squad

#12 : July 13, 2007, 03:00:25 PM

The fans should always be standing and making noise while the other team is on offense. Make it hard for them to audible, get their linemen to jump offsides, get the defense pumped up. It doesnt matter if its the first drive of the season or the last 2 minutes of the NFC Championship game, it should always be like that. But instead it's almost never like that. In the regular season if the Bucs have a decent lead in the 4th half the stadium just leaves. There was a picture on this board last year showing the stadium in the 4th qtr of the Dolphins game 2005 and you would have thought the Bucs were losing 0-100, the place was a ghost town.

Buccobruce

Starter

#13 : July 13, 2007, 03:15:37 PM

I think its safe to say a lot of us have a great time at the staduim other than a loss. i know when its like a bizzillion degrees in the stands it gets a little hairy sometimes.  thats why it would be nice if we get some more night time games, or at least 4'oclock games so it wont be so brutally hot.

but that all depends on our on field performance

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#14 : July 13, 2007, 03:55:58 PM

There was a picture on this board last year showing the stadium in the 4th qtr of the Dolphins game 2005 and you would have thought the Bucs were losing 0-100, the place was a ghost town.

I'm the one who took and posted that picture.   We were winning that game, but not by much.   The Dolphins had a strong chance of coming back to win, but the stadium was empty so there were was nobody there to yell and disrupt the Dolphins offense to help out our defense.   I thought it was a disgrace.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Rate the Buccaneers Stadium and Overall Gameday Expirience - - SI.com « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools