Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: PI ALERT: WILL THE 2007 SEASON BE DERRICK BROOKS' LAST IN TAMPA BAY? « previous next »
Page: 1

PewterReportJF

Hall of Famer

« : July 13, 2007, 09:28:36 AM »

Group,

I just posted a new Pewter Insider article on the front page of www.pewterreport.com. Here is the teaser:

"In this week’s Buc Shots, Pewter Report’s Jim Flynn responds to PewterReport.com message board poster Itchalot’s take on challenging the media to track down the truth regarding LB Derrick Brooks and whether this is going to be his final season as a Buccaneer."

If you're not already a Pewter Insider subscriber, you can become one today by calling 1-800-881-BUCS(2827) or clicking on the link below:

http://www.pewterreport.com/subscriptions/packages/

Enjoy!

Sgt.Shultz

Hall of Famer

« #1 : July 13, 2007, 10:09:33 AM »

I sure hope not....DBrooks and Barber and Rice are like the heart and soul of that D....It would be a shame to see him go

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

« #2 : July 13, 2007, 12:32:02 PM »

Very tough question but I'd have to no, he's got 2 more years in him. His play did drop dramatically in '06 but it wasn't all on him. This defensive line was as ineffective as I've seen in 12 years and to put that much pressure on an aging LB isn't condusive to good play. The improvements on the defensive line (coaching/players brought in/Rice healthy) will not put so much pressure on the LB's like last year.

byronikbuc

Practice Squad

« #3 : July 13, 2007, 01:30:28 PM »

damn...as a Nole who went to school with DB and having watched his whole carreer with Tampa, it's sad.  It also makes me feel old...  Wouldn't it be great to get DB one more championship?

« #4 : July 13, 2007, 01:45:37 PM »

If its time, its time. It'll definitely signal the end of an era. Sad thing is, IMO, we don't currently have that nucleus..... the Sapps, Brooks, Lynches that we can wrap our arms around and embrace as our future. I thought it would be Carnell and Clayton but no longer feel that way.

I plan to be in attendace for Brooks' induction speech into the HOF. Lets hope Sapps is there with him.
  Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: PI ALERT: WILL THE 2007 SEASON BE DERRICK BROOKS' LAST IN TAMPA BAY? « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools