Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: All 3 top Florida schools in the Top 10 in NFL success!! « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Runole

Hall of Famer
: July 14, 2007, 04:51:29 PM

The colleges in the state of Florida definitely provide talent to the NFL.

http://online.wsj.com/public/resources/documents/retro-collegefootball0608.html

TDTB

Second String

#1 : July 15, 2007, 06:05:33 AM

I agree with the list pretty much. Dunno about FSU teaching fundamentals but they scout hella good.

Runole

Hall of Famer
#2 : July 15, 2007, 02:12:12 PM

I agree with the list pretty much. Dunno about FSU teaching fundamentals but they scout hella good.

You make a good point.  I would tend to think most football players by the time they reach a Division One program have pretty good fundamentals.

I think it is more about matching their physical talent to their own personal effort at constantly improving the way they execute their position and its responsibilities.

I can think of several players that probably didn't have All Pro talent but succeeded in the NFL because of something "special inside".

Off the top of my head I would say Warren Sapp, Derrick Brooks, Warrick Dunn, and Ray Lewis fit this category.   I am sure there many other examples like Jerry Rice, Tom Brady, Bret Farve etc etc..

On the other hand you have those with just awesome physical talent .. those would be guys like Randy Moss,  Julius Peppers, LaDainian Tomlinson, P Manning, Mean Joe Greene,  Reggie White, Deion Sanders etc.

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#3 : July 16, 2007, 01:22:29 PM

Thank you, captain obvious!!

BTW......... That article is almost a year old.

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM
 \"The bet is off now.\"12/10 1:24 PM

T

Hall of Famer

#4 : July 17, 2007, 02:52:21 AM

North Carolina is a BIG surprise rounding out the top 10.

Runole

Hall of Famer
#5 : July 17, 2007, 10:38:16 AM

Glad you liked it!  Doesn't change the facts presented... Very comprehensive research.

Oh and what are you contributing to this thread?  Thanks for showing us all!!

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#6 : July 17, 2007, 11:46:12 AM

I kind of have to agree with you there Matt.  Maybe because I'm from Florida, but It's always been that way every since I've known what a football game was.  The florida schools, when on their game, dominate football in the whole country...without question...I mean people are shocked when all three are not in the top ten...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#7 : July 18, 2007, 10:08:48 AM

Glad you liked it! Doesn't change the facts presented... Very comprehensive research.

Oh and what are you contributing to this thread? Thanks for showing us all!!
I just pointed out that the article is OLD. Then again, I figured that out about 3 sentences into the piece without even looking at the date.

Glad I could help. ;)

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM

Runole

Hall of Famer
#8 : July 18, 2007, 12:12:13 PM

So because the article is a year old it no longer is relevant?  Hmmm?

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#9 : July 18, 2007, 12:22:04 PM

So because the article is a year old it no longer is relevant? Hmmm?
Never said that.

It is just not up to date.

You are old, and no longer (if you ever were) relevant ;)

Runole

Hall of Famer
#10 : July 18, 2007, 12:30:39 PM

And you are disrespectful snot- nosed kid that needs to be spanked and put to bed!!  :D

A perfect product of our horrible education system.

Oh and remember "the Older the berry the sweeter the juice" "Like fine wine you get better with age!!!" ;D

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#11 : July 18, 2007, 12:51:09 PM

Ok guys...come on no need for the bickering...Camp starts in 9 days... ;D

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#12 : July 18, 2007, 12:59:47 PM

And you are disrespectful snot- nosed kid that needs to be spanked and put to bed!! :D

A perfect product of our horrible education system.

Oh and remember "the Older the berry the sweeter the juice" "Like fine wine you get better with age!!!" ;D

I went to private school ;)

Runole

Hall of Famer
#13 : July 18, 2007, 03:20:49 PM

" I went to private school"

That could be good or bad..   Just like home schooled...   Berkley Prep ? ... or  Tampa Baptist Academy??

Would find it a bit disturbing if a private school allowed disrespect of elders.

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#14 : July 18, 2007, 04:58:07 PM

" I went to private school"

That could be good or bad.. Just like home schooled... Berkley Prep ? ... or Tampa Baptist Academy??

Would find it a bit disturbing if a private school allowed disrespect of elders.
None of the above. Wrong side of the bay.

Settle down, Runole. I was just freakin' kidding with the old/relevant statement.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: All 3 top Florida schools in the Top 10 in NFL success!! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools