Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: When the day comes « previous next »
Page: 1 2

ONEBIGDADDY

Hall of Famer

« : July 15, 2007, 12:05:08 PM »

Do you think that the buc's would like to have Derrick Brooks come back to Coach? Why or Why not.

I am only asking this because I really don't see much of the NFL teams hiring the greats that have supported their own teams. I think it would be great to have them come back to remain in the scheme. People like Rhonde Barber, Derrick Brooks are really the only two I could think of.

I would like to see Alsott but I think that the staff is really torn between cutting him due to popularity and or they don't play him that much due to afraid of the neck injury or both.  Also what could he really contribute?...OBD  :)

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
« #1 : July 15, 2007, 12:15:55 PM »

The greats make too much money now a days.  Why come back and put in 18 hour days at coaches salary when you can retire and enjoy life or do other gigs that are far less stressing and insecure.  Alstot doesn't play much because he should have retired 2-3 years ago.  He contributes from emotional stand point maybe.

MarleyMon81

Hall of Famer

« #2 : July 15, 2007, 12:48:55 PM »

Sometimes the great players in sport don't make the greatest coaches as their standards, commitment, and skill level are so far above that of most players it's hard for the former great player turned coach to understand a player not giving into total commitment to making themselves and their team better.

There are exceptions like Larry Bird when he coached the Pacers the Finals in the NBA and Mike Singletary is gaining a great reputation as a defensive assistant coach in the NFL.  But for many legends of the games, they just can't relate to players who don't feel the same drive to be the best that they once had and still posses inside.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
« #3 : July 15, 2007, 01:15:05 PM »

Brooks also has a lot of things going on outside of football.  I just don't see it happening.  If you want Brooks after he retires, you'll have to be okay with locker room visits before a few games. 

« #4 : July 15, 2007, 02:39:41 PM »

I see "Q" as more of the coaching type than Brooks. Having met him, he comes across as more of a teacher/communicator.

Sgt.Shultz

Hall of Famer

« #5 : July 15, 2007, 02:43:32 PM »

Sometimes the great players in sport don't make the greatest coaches as their standards, commitment, and skill level are so far above that of most players it's hard for the former great player turned coach to understand a player not giving into total commitment to making themselves and their team better.

See **CENSORED** Butkus

bucs1

Practice Squad
« #6 : July 15, 2007, 03:15:57 PM »

I think that Derrick Brooks and Shelton Quarles would be good coaches.  Quarles is training to become an NFL referee though and Brooks is probally going to be too busy with his high school and all his charity work to take a full-time coaching job.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
« #7 : July 15, 2007, 04:33:12 PM »

Didn't we already discuss this like fifteen times?

« #8 : July 15, 2007, 05:33:35 PM »

Sixteen!!!

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

« #9 : July 15, 2007, 07:44:03 PM »

1000 times I think.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

« #10 : July 15, 2007, 08:29:21 PM »

1000 times I think.

links   :P ;D

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
« #11 : July 15, 2007, 09:14:04 PM »

1000 times I think.

links  :P ;D
I think we lost at least two/thirds of them from the old board...page 200 plus (lol

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
« #12 : July 15, 2007, 09:53:32 PM »

Is there a rule requiring members to post on every thread?  Just wondering?

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
« #13 : July 15, 2007, 10:40:12 PM »

Is there a rule requiring members to post on every thread? Just wondering?
Why?  Is there someone guilty of aforementioned crime?

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

« #14 : July 15, 2007, 11:57:37 PM »

i can see him coaching. I think hed be a great coach
Why?
  Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: When the day comes « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools