Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: When the day comes « previous next »
Page: 1 2

BucfaninDC

Starter

#15 : July 16, 2007, 09:48:59 AM

If he does want to be a coach, he shouldn't start being one with the Bucs.  Especially if it's only 1 or 2 years removed from being a player.  It would be hard for the coaching staff to alter their relationship with him from employer/employee to co-worker, at least right away.  Also, it would be hard at first for Brooks to change his mentality in the locker room with the players as teammate to now coach/player relationship.

I think it would be easier of a transition for him to start at a new organization as "Coach Brooks". 

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#16 : July 16, 2007, 10:01:40 AM

Brooks would be good.  But I'd rather see them bring in Scot Brantley as a linebacker coach.    That guy played balls to the wall football.

orlandobuc

Starter

#17 : July 16, 2007, 10:02:06 AM

This thread is old.

I am going to start another one about how Brooks would make a good coach.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#18 : July 16, 2007, 01:51:55 PM

Ditka is the only HOF player to have any success as a coach. There is as much money, and a lot fewer hours in TV/Radio for explayers.
Marino chose HBO and Nutrasystems over an exec position with the Dolphins. Rice and Emmitt prefered Dancing over coaching.

I think DB will follow a path similar to Selmon after football. DB has an MBA, and IIRC a law degree. Politics is not out of the question(though he is not that great an orator) but Coaching in the NFL is too time consuming and soul sucking for someone like DB. IMO

scope88

Starter

#19 : July 16, 2007, 02:45:24 PM

Well Brooks has his school that he would probably like to put alot of time and effort into. I can't blame him, what a role model.

ONEBIGDADDY

Hall of Famer

#20 : July 16, 2007, 07:19:18 PM

You have to realize some of us who do not live on the boards just want to have answers to their questions. I think that this is the first time I have seen this but then again I do miss some of these threads.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: When the day comes « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools