Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Teddy Ginn Jr. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#15 : November 04, 2006, 08:54:36 AM

Ginn is too one dimensional to spend a first round pick on.  Besides I rather see that first round pick go to defense.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#16 : November 04, 2006, 10:29:52 AM

We have much more pressing needs with our 1st than WR.  I'd like to see a defense-heavy draft, especially day 1.

STERN11354

Starter

#17 : November 04, 2006, 10:45:52 AM

I'm not all that educated on Ginn, but from what I've seen in the few games he's played in is that he is just a deep threat. I haven't seen him be able to take a 5 yard turn-around to the house or anything of that nature. If I am wrong and he can bring that to an offense, I say do it. Especially with a QB with a not so great arm. But I gotta tell ya, CJ would look good as hell in Tampa.....

You must of missed that Texas game then.  Ginn took a 5 yard out pass on one sideline ran across the field to the other sideline and got a gain of 50 yards.  Only reason was he didn't get to the end zone was Robiskie missed a block on a Texas defender otherwise 6 points for Ginn.  He can also return kickoffs, punts, be an emergency QB, and even be a DB like he was in high school.  He is just a junior this year so he'll have to announce his decision whether he will come out or stay.  I like the guy but I've seen him for 3 years since I live in Columbus, Ohio so I'm being biased.  Aren't you supposed to take the best available when you are on the board to decide?

#18 : November 04, 2006, 10:48:15 AM

Calvin Johnson>Ginn

If we take a WR in R1 it'll be Johnson.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#19 : November 04, 2006, 10:48:33 AM

Like others have said, Ginn isn't worth a high 1st round pick.  We have lots of needs and WR can wait another year.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#20 : November 04, 2006, 10:49:14 AM

Calvin Johnson>Ginn

Calvin Johnson = worth a top ten pick......Ginn isn't.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#21 : November 04, 2006, 10:49:49 AM

Ginn is not a bad player but if I had to pick between Ginn and Holmes I rather take Holmes.  Galloway has proven that he is willing to block and is willing to catch passes underneath contrary to what was said about him before arriving here  (more importantly proved that he is a team player).

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#22 : November 04, 2006, 11:02:28 AM

Calvin Johnson>Ginn

Calvin Johnson = worth a top ten pick......Ginn isn't.

Ted Ginn = NFL Bust

gharen

Pro Bowler

#23 : November 04, 2006, 11:36:34 AM

Only guy I would take over defense in the first is Calvin Johnson. If he's available, we have to take him.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#24 : November 04, 2006, 11:54:07 AM

Only guy I would take over defense in the first is Calvin Johnson. If he's available, we have to take him.

I have no problem passing over him.  In fact, if he's such a can't miss player, another team should be willing to offer us a sweet trade package for the opportunity to take him.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#25 : November 04, 2006, 11:54:33 AM

I have no problem passing over him.  In fact, if he's such a can't miss player, another team should be willing to offer us a sweet trade package for the opportunity to take him.

I agree.

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#26 : November 04, 2006, 12:09:26 PM

They probably will if we are in that position, gharen.

I think he is a can't miss player. He may even go #2.

SamoaJoeBucFan

Starter

#27 : November 04, 2006, 12:19:44 PM

I have no problem passing over him. In fact, if he's such a can't miss player, another team should be willing to offer us a sweet trade package for the opportunity to take him.

No doubt, maybe we could get a first and another second just to trade down.  I want all D on day one though.  All 4 picks.

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#28 : November 04, 2006, 08:25:45 PM

I'm not sold on him being an every down play maker in the NFL.  If I had to take someone from OS in round 1 this year, it would be Pit**CENSORED**.

bucpimpin

Pro Bowler
#29 : November 04, 2006, 02:26:32 PM

I have no problem passing over him. In fact, if he's such a can't miss player, another team should be willing to offer us a sweet trade package for the opportunity to take him.

No doubt, maybe we could get a first and another second just to trade down. I want all D on day one though. All 4 picks.

Who are you guys ideal draft picks then?  CJ will be long gone by the time we pick.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Teddy Ginn Jr. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools