Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 'Nobody Goes to Hell': Minister Labeled a Heretic « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 22

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#15 : July 18, 2007, 01:09:22 PM

Guys, it's not what you Know, Have, Had, Will Have, How good you are or how bad you've been. Jesus said the way to eternal life is through Him. We must Confess with our mouth and Believe in our heart that Jesus Christ is the son of God.
Here is the best way to look at this. You can spend your entire life living surrendered to Christ and living by His teachings and die and none of it was real. You still lived a good and productive life and had joy, peace, and hope. Or you can live your life not surrendered to Christ and die and find out that it was real. What do you have to lose?

AGREED!!!!

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#16 : July 18, 2007, 01:27:19 PM

Guys, it's not what you Know, Have, Had, Will Have, How good you are or how bad you've been.  Jesus said the way to eternal life is through Him.  We must Confess with our mouth and Believe in our heart that Jesus Christ is the son of God.
Here is the best way to look at this.  You can spend your entire life living surrendered to Christ and living by His teachings and die and none of it was real.  You still lived a good and productive life and had joy, peace, and hope.  Or you can live your life not surrendered to Christ and die and find out that it was real.  What do you have to lose? 

A religion based on fear just seems to go against what religion should be all about .... to me, anyway.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#17 : July 18, 2007, 01:28:35 PM

Guys, it's not what you Know, Have, Had, Will Have, How good you are or how bad you've been.  Jesus said the way to eternal life is through Him.  We must Confess with our mouth and Believe in our heart that Jesus Christ is the son of God.
Here is the best way to look at this.  You can spend your entire life living surrendered to Christ and living by His teachings and die and none of it was real.  You still lived a good and productive life and had joy, peace, and hope.  Or you can live your life not surrendered to Christ and die and find out that it was real.  What do you have to lose? 

A religion based on fear just seems to go against what religion should be all about .... to me, anyway.

Agreed !!

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#18 : July 18, 2007, 02:31:26 PM

Guys, it's not what you Know, Have, Had, Will Have, How good you are or how bad you've been. Jesus said the way to eternal life is through Him. We must Confess with our mouth and Believe in our heart that Jesus Christ is the son of God.
Here is the best way to look at this. You can spend your entire life living surrendered to Christ and living by His teachings and die and none of it was real. You still lived a good and productive life and had joy, peace, and hope. Or you can live your life not surrendered to Christ and die and find out that it was real. What do you have to lose?

so your saying that it's okay to surrender to christ based on the better safe than sorry principle?

sounds pretty fake to me...... which is exactly how i would describe most religious ppl.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#19 : July 18, 2007, 02:53:41 PM

You still lived a good and productive life and had joy, peace, and hope.  Or you can live your life not surrendered to Christ and die and find out that it was real.  What do you have to lose? 

My integrity. I'd rather have it and spend an eternity in hell than to give in to something out of fear, or the "better
safe than sorry," thing, and lose it.

Many people Do give in out of fear. For me? Death does not scare me. I am very curious to see what it holds, if
anything. My latest reading supports my opinion that a belief in (or surrendering to) Jesus is all but irrelevant in
the Afterlife. But hell, that's only my opinion.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#20 : July 18, 2007, 03:08:19 PM

How do you lose integrity when people who believe in the bible, earnestly, practice nothing but integrity?

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#21 : July 18, 2007, 03:17:21 PM

How do you lose integrity when people who believe in the bible, earnestly, practice nothing but integrity?

Maybe a better term he could have used would have been self respect .... not sure, though.

#22 : July 18, 2007, 03:32:47 PM

So, by knowing Jesus, spending your life doing things which are good and what you'd think He'd approve of but not actually surrendering to Jesus condemns you to Hell? You are actually comfortable with a God who would allow that?

lets turn that up a notch:

Person A - Spends a happy eventful life of crime including the occasional murder and rape.  In his last two or three years he repents his sins, and gives himself to the Lord.

Person B - Spends his life working hard and supporting his family.  He never commits a crime and stays married to the same woman all his life.  He also gets involved in charity work and helping other son a regular basis.  Unfortunately he doesn't go to church and pays little attention to Jesus and the Bible.

Which one is going to hell?

If we can agree that hell=hades=the grave, then Person B goes to hell and is in a sleep like state (death) awaiting a resurrection, same as Person A.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#23 : July 18, 2007, 04:11:59 PM

In the last couple of years in the Brandon area we have had two senior married clergy having affairs.  One of them stood up in church in front of the entire congregation, including his wife and children, to confess his affair with two other women.

Yep integrity is rife in the church.

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#24 : July 18, 2007, 04:58:48 PM

church, IMO, has nothing to do with god anymore. Church is a ritual. I've met way more honest, courteous, very good people that dont go to church than i have in it. Most religious ppl that dont go to church will agree with me that weekly church gatherings are over rated and really have NO meaning at all when it comes to god, jesus, heaven or hell.

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#25 : July 18, 2007, 06:38:14 PM

church, IMO, has nothing to do with god anymore. Church is a ritual. I've met way more honest, courteous, very good people that dont go to church than i have in it. Most religious ppl that dont go to church will agree with me that weekly church gatherings are over rated and really have NO meaning at all when it comes to god, jesus, heaven or hell.

Well said; I totally agree with this statement.  The reason people will not go to church anymore is because it's filled with some of the most judgemental, sinful people in the entire world.  Again, the Bible predicted this to happen before the return of Christ.  One of the hardest things for me to do as a preacher of the gospel is to go to churches and preach to these people.  But they need the truth just like the rest of the world needs it, especially me!
As far as Christianity being based on fear, I totally disagree.  You see it's fear itself that keeps those who are without a relationship with Christ in their life from surrendering to Him.  It's fear that causes us to hate, not forgive, not surrender, to judge, and so much more.  Many of the poster on this site seem to be some great people and whom I would love to meet someday.  But my joy, peace, hope, and eternity lies within my relationship with Jesus Christ and His word, the Bible.  Whether anyone believes it or not, he is coming back and very soon.  My plead with anyone who doesn't know Him is to repent and enter into a relationship with Him.  It's not a matter of "if," but "when."  It's also not a matter of hom much you know of Christ, It's a matter if He will recognize you. 
The beauty of this is that those who reads these words who will miss out on the return of Christ will then understand the truth once He does return.

#26 : July 18, 2007, 06:53:53 PM

"Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves. By their fruit you will recognize them." - Matthew 7:15,16

#27 : July 18, 2007, 07:21:32 PM

You still lived a good and productive life and had joy, peace, and hope.  Or you can live your life not surrendered to Christ and die and find out that it was real.  What do you have to lose? 

My integrity. I'd rather have it and spend an eternity in hell than to give in to something out of fear, or the "better
safe than sorry," thing, and lose it.

Many people Do give in out of fear. For me? Death does not scare me. I am very curious to see what it holds, if
anything. My latest reading supports my opinion that a belief in (or surrendering to) Jesus is all but irrelevant in
the Afterlife. But hell, that's only my opinion.

When the Bible says to fear God, it doesn't mean to have a morbid, dreadful fear of Him. It means to have a fear of letting Him down, doing things He disapproves of.

Religion has taught falsely that you're going to 'burn forever in hell' if you're a bad person. This is part of the apostasy that Paul spoke of that would slowly creep into the Christian congregation. Especially since the 3rd & 4th centuries, false teachings were allowed into the church when there was a blending of Christian beliefs and Paganism. Constantine played a major role. Christendom is responsible for spreading lies, false teachings and hypocrisy just as the the scribes and Pharisees in Jesus day and they will be condemned as well.

"You hypocrites, rightly did Isaiah prophesy of you:
     THIS PEOPLE HONORS ME WITH THEIR LIPS,
         BUT THEIR HEART IS FAR AWAY FROM ME.
   'BUT IN VAIN DO THEY WORSHIP ME,
       TEACHING AS DOCTRINES THE PRECEPTS OF MEN.'"- Matt 15:7-9

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#28 : July 18, 2007, 08:33:42 PM

How dare this guy use reason and logic on well established religious view. He deserves to burn in hell, wait...he can't, cause he doesn't believe in hell, then he deserves to "Burn in Cleveland".

"We may go through hell, but nobody goes to hell." The sign at the entrance to Hartsfield Airport in Atlanta.

Nice John!

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#29 : July 18, 2007, 08:39:08 PM

Revelations 20:11

Then I saw a great white throne and the One who was sitting on it. Earth and sky ran away from him and disappeared.12 And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne. Then books were opened, and the book of life was opened. The dead were judged by what they had done, which was written in the books.13 The sea gave up the dead who were in it, and Death and Hades[a] gave up the dead who were in them. Each person was judged by what he had done.14 And Death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. The lake of fire is the second death.15 And anyone whose name was not found written in the book of life was thrown into the lake of fire.  ---including sweet Grandmothers.

John 3:16 -18
For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life. For God sent the Son into the world, not to condemn the world, but that the world might be saved through Him. He who believes in Him is not condemned; he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only Son of God. 

John 3:36 
He who believes in the Son has eternal life; he who does not obey the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God rests upon him.

John 14:6 
Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father, but by me."

Acts 4:12 
And there is salvation in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 22
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 'Nobody Goes to Hell': Minister Labeled a Heretic « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools