Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: X-Play's Top 10 Video Games "Ever" « previous next »
Page: 1

PirateBooty

Starter

: July 18, 2007, 09:53:20 PM

The G4tv video game review show, X-Play, recently listed its' top 10 video games "ever." The list only includes games the show has ever reviewed - so, no classic games.

Here's the list:

1. Resident Evil 4
2. Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
3. God of War
4. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
5. Half-Life 2
6. Burnout 3: Takedown
7. World of Warcraft
8. Halo 2
9. Guitar Hero
10. Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal

Honorable Mentions(in no order):

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
Metal Gear Solid Franchise
Final Fantasy Franchise
Super Smash Bros. Melee
Okami
Grand Theft Auto Franchise
Gears of War

Overall, I think the list fairly accurate. What do you think?

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#1 : July 18, 2007, 10:08:31 PM

Can't argue with it.

What about the OG of RPG epics?  The Ultima series?

LOL!

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

#2 : July 18, 2007, 11:56:11 PM

I love the Knights of the Old Republic games... easily my favorite ever. I am just waiting for number 3 to come out.... lol

overall I agree with this list.

T

Hall of Famer

#3 : July 19, 2007, 12:08:00 AM

Haven't played any of those.I would include Grand Theft Auto III that game was awesome.

BucJam07

Hall of Famer

#4 : July 19, 2007, 01:12:20 AM

I play 85% sports games.

Madden '07 (PS2),
Tiger '07 (PS3),
MLB '07 The Show (PS3)
NHL '07 (PS3)

But also Tom Clancy titles, and I really enjoyed playing God of War. That game was freaking awesome. A+++

You Can't Spell SCUM Without The

HeHateMe

Rookie

#5 : July 19, 2007, 01:13:54 AM

When the Elder Scrolls is looked backed on years from now it will be in the top 10 for sure.

Wheres Mario though? (Not Super Smash Bros.)

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#6 : July 19, 2007, 08:58:55 AM

Missing older stuff obviously so when I build the list I'm a lot more old school:

1. Civilization II
2. Fallout
3. Baldur's Gate 2
4. Sword of the Samurai
5. Europa Universalis II
6. KOTOR 2
7. Fallout 2
8. Resident Evil
9. Pirates
10. Jade Empire

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

CeriousBuc

Practice Squad

#7 : July 19, 2007, 09:01:00 AM

That list should be "Top 10 games of the 21st Century" there's not one clasic title in that entire list. You can't honestly tell me that a character like Mario and one of his games or the classic Zelda series was not one of the all time great games. I'm sorry but I can't suppoprt that list even though there are some games that I love on it.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#8 : July 19, 2007, 09:04:12 AM

I'm a lot more old school:

I've never heard of any of the games on the original list posted by Pirate's Booty.   I've also never heard of any of the ones on your list.   If those are old school, what are the games I used to play back in the day?     

CeriousBuc

Practice Squad

#9 : July 19, 2007, 09:17:30 AM

Java, you've never heard of Fallout or Fallout 2? Civilization 2? Those are cult PC classics my friend.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#10 : July 19, 2007, 09:18:31 AM

I've never heard of any of the games on the original list posted by Pirate's Booty.   I've also never heard of any of the ones on your list.   If those are old school, what are the games I used to play back in the day?     

Well compared to their list I've got some 80's and 90's titles. I think Pirates is my oldest top game and that was mid/late 80's. I think the oldest thing I'd put in a top 10 was Wasteland but I got cold feet on it and left the two fallout games in there as the spiritual heirs of the Wasteland game and that was before Pirates. I can't think of any pre-85 things (M.U.L.E?) that makes my top 10.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#11 : July 19, 2007, 09:32:39 AM

Any list that is missing Street Fighter II is rubbish.

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM
 \"The bet is off now.\"12/10 1:24 PM

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#12 : July 19, 2007, 10:02:44 AM

I've never heard of any of the games on the original list posted by Pirate's Booty. I've also never heard of any of the ones on your list. If those are old school, what are the games I used to play back in the day?

Well compared to their list I've got some 80's and 90's titles. I think Pirates is my oldest top game and that was mid/late 80's. I think the oldest thing I'd put in a top 10 was Wasteland but I got cold feet on it and left the two fallout games in there as the spiritual heirs of the Wasteland game and that was before Pirates. I can't think of any pre-85 things (M.U.L.E?) that makes my top 10.
M.U.L.E. ROCKED!

Ultima.

Those Infocom games were cool for their time (Zork series)

Lode Runner.

F-16.

Ultimate Reality.

catch2355

Practice Squad

#13 : July 20, 2007, 12:09:10 AM

gotta love that guitar hero at number 9!!
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: X-Play's Top 10 Video Games "Ever" « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools