Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The 1st official "Trade for Randy Moss" thread « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

#30 : November 04, 2006, 05:45:14 PM

I just really find it funny, some of you guys.

Smith indeed is not a WR, but he can be just as big a part of our passing game as any WR we could pick up.  Stone hands Clayton, I love it.  His hands were very boulder-esque against the Bengals...oh...wai..t...
Leeroy : Obviously sarcasm is your strong suite because I felt that Stovall comment was drenched with it.

ICIT Clayton's hands were awful in 04 as well, carrying the offense passing wise.

InChuckyITrust

Hall of Famer

#31 : November 04, 2006, 05:50:58 PM

you mean 05.  I believe 04 was the year he had like 80 something catches, bout 1200 yards, but hey, we could be thinking of different Michael Clayton's!

"there are no medals here for who can stay at the office the longest," said Jagodzinski. "I'm not into that. The guys that brag about working till 2 in the morning, in my opinion, they're just not smart enough. "

18,2,25,13 ... murderers row?

I support coach Calhoun and his salary

#32 : November 04, 2006, 05:52:27 PM

you mean 05. I believe 04 was the year he had like 80 something catches, bout 1200 yards, but hey, we could be thinking of different Michael Clayton's!
no I meant 04, I was joking around by saying he had stone hands that year  ;D

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#33 : November 04, 2006, 05:57:07 PM

Smith indeed is not a WR, but he can be just as big a part of our passing game as any WR we could pick up.  Stone hands Clayton, I love it.  His hands were very boulder-esque against the Bengals...oh...wai..t...

You bring up one game all you want.  I'll bring up the last year and a hal..f...  this is a "what have you done for me lately" league.  What Clayton did as a rookie is irrelevant if he has not come close to duplicating it.  I firmly believe that Clayton is a quality #2 receiver in this league, but to trust future seasons to a 35 year old (by next season) and a flash in the pan, followed by guys who have done nothing is... well I'll call it seriously optimistic since I'm not you.

#34 : November 04, 2006, 05:59:32 PM

Smith indeed is not a WR, but he can be just as big a part of our passing game as any WR we could pick up. Stone hands Clayton, I love it. His hands were very boulder-esque against the Bengals...oh...wai..t...

You bring up one game all you want. I'll bring up the last year and a hal..f... this is a "what have you done for me lately" league. What Clayton did as a rookie is irrelevant if he has not come close to duplicating it. I firmly believe that Clayton is a quality #2 receiver in this league, but to trust future seasons to a 35 year old (by next season) and a flash in the pan, followed by guys who have done nothing is... well I'll call it seriously optimistic since I'm not you.
that Cincy game is more recent than last year...so your 'what have you done for me lately' statement works in favor of M80.
05  : 14 games - 32 catches 0 TD
06 :  7 games - 20 catches 1 TD

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#35 : November 04, 2006, 06:09:30 PM

Smith indeed is not a WR, but he can be just as big a part of our passing game as any WR we could pick up. Stone hands Clayton, I love it. His hands were very boulder-esque against the Bengals...oh...wai..t...

You bring up one game all you want. I'll bring up the last year and a hal..f... this is a "what have you done for me lately" league. What Clayton did as a rookie is irrelevant if he has not come close to duplicating it. I firmly believe that Clayton is a quality #2 receiver in this league, but to trust future seasons to a 35 year old (by next season) and a flash in the pan, followed by guys who have done nothing is... well I'll call it seriously optimistic since I'm not you.
that Cincy game is more recent than last year...so your 'what have you done for me lately' statement works in favor of M80.
05 : 14 games - 32 catches 0 TD
06 : 7 games - 20 catches 1 TD

Nobody's claiming he's worse than the year before.  I'm claiming that he's done nothing last year, nor this year that suggests he can be the future of this WR corps.  He's talented and is going to have some nice games, but not enough to bank our future on.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#36 : November 04, 2006, 06:19:38 PM

I have to ask ICIT.  Everytime someone says some area is a problem, you come on and say that it's not "the" problem, or it's not "our" problem.  What exactly is "the" problem then?  If WR is not "the" problem because we have young but unproven players, and QB is not "our" problem because we have young and unproven QB's, then what is it?  It can't be safety because we have Allen, Cargile, and Adams.  It can't be DE because we have Bennett and White.  It can't be DT because we have Bryant and Wyms.  It certainly can't be linebacker because we have Nece, Ruud, and Winborn.  What is "it?"

Why is it all of our late offensive picks are going to turn into starters, but our defenders are all busts?  We have a very young offense, yes, but we are lacking talent in several key positions, just the same as on the defense.

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#37 : November 04, 2006, 08:18:44 PM

oh my ... Moss? Really? it has to be a joke cause I'm laughing.

Yeah, the Moss thing is a bit much.  We'd have to give them probably both 2nd rounders and a starter for their O-line.  I don't think anyone is willing to pay that price.

I wouldn't trade a pak of gum for him.

#38 : November 04, 2006, 06:34:49 PM

Ive never seen TO change a game like Moss has.

Huh?

#39 : November 04, 2006, 06:36:18 PM

yeah brilliant, our problems are in the recieving corps... unreal..

ICIT, did you not see the drops last week?

#40 : November 04, 2006, 06:41:05 PM

I hope you aren't trying to validate Clayton as the future of our wr corp by offering up his lone td catch thru 7 games.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#41 : November 04, 2006, 06:53:25 PM

I hope you aren't trying to validate Clayton as the future of our wr corp by offering up his lone td catch thru 7 games.

I was thinking the same thing.  I think Clayton is an NFL receiver, but a #1?

InChuckyITrust

Hall of Famer

#42 : November 04, 2006, 07:47:53 PM

We DONT have problems, we have youth, on offense anyway. 

Look, we have guys on the right side of our OL who have the ability to make up one of the best right side tandems in the league.  We have two guys on the left who Ii feel are going to be very good.  We have our future C on our roster in Mahan.

We have Galloway, who reguardless of what some think, its my OPINION he isnt going to slow down for awhile.  I agree Clayton at this point is probably just going to turn into a good #2 but hes 3 years in so IMO it way to early to rule him out as the guy we saw in 04.

Love our TEs, and Caddy and Pitt is a nice duo.

We have a QB that is still finding himself, and rightfully so.

I guess I just think WRs as a whole are overrated.  The pats are doing just fine with reche caldwell as their go to guy. 

How about the bears?  Is Muhammad a 1? probably not.

Philly doesnt have a stud in their corps.

Atlanta looks pretty good, their best reciever is a TE

San diego, they have Mccardell and who else?

Judging by his numbers, Ward isnt a real 1.

I think you can build a great offense without great WRs.  JMO.

I would much rather use my premium picks on the D, which hasnt recieved a real premium draft pick IMO since DeWayne White.

Give me a DL, a SS, and a CB in the draft, sign a stud LB or CB, and at this time next year I think you can flip flop our record.

So I guess our problem is impatient fans.  You asked for youth, and you got it.  I dont want to see us become the Lions with drafting WRs.

"there are no medals here for who can stay at the office the longest," said Jagodzinski. "I'm not into that. The guys that brag about working till 2 in the morning, in my opinion, they're just not smart enough. "

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#43 : November 04, 2006, 07:58:18 PM

We DONT have problems, we have youth, on offense anyway.

Look, we have guys on the right side of our OL who have the ability to make up one of the best right side tandems in the league. We have two guys on the left who Ii feel are going to be very good. We have our future C on our roster in Mahan.

We have Galloway, who reguardless of what some think, its my OPINION he isnt going to slow down for awhile. I agree Clayton at this point is probably just going to turn into a good #2 but hes 3 years in so IMO it way to early to rule him out as the guy we saw in 04.

Love our TEs, and Caddy and Pitt is a nice duo.

We have a QB that is still finding himself, and rightfully so.

I guess I just think WRs as a whole are overrated. The pats are doing just fine with reche caldwell as their go to guy.

How about the bears? Is Muhammad a 1? probably not.

Philly doesnt have a stud in their corps.

Atlanta looks pretty good, their best reciever is a TE

San diego, they have Mccardell and who else?

Judging by his numbers, Ward isnt a real 1.

I think you can build a great offense without great WRs. JMO.

I would much rather use my premium picks on the D, which hasnt recieved a real premium draft pick IMO since DeWayne White.

Give me a DL, a SS, and a CB in the draft, sign a stud LB or CB, and at this time next year I think you can flip flop our record.

So I guess our problem is impatient fans. You asked for youth, and you got it. I dont want to see us become the Lions with drafting WRs.

You make valid points and you did it without insulting anyone.  Thank you.  However, all but one team you mentioned has a 1st round QB, and the one that doesn't has the one of the best QBs in history.  If you've got a very good to great QB you don't need great WR's.  Regardless of what anyone believes about Grads, history says the odds are very much against him becoming as good as any of the above mentioned QB's.  If we are going to roll with Grads, we are going to need to get him some more help.  I'm not saying it has to be through the draft, but it has to come from somewhere.

InChuckyITrust

Hall of Famer

#44 : November 04, 2006, 08:02:35 PM

well first round QBs, but how many of them are great passers?

Rivers? Not yet

Big Ben?  Overrated.

Vick?  tough to say, same with grossman.

I agree we need to help grads.  I just think the help is here, they just need to step up.  Galloway and Clayton arent really defined by drops.  Claytons hands were pretty decent this year up till last week.  Galloway did catch 80 balls for us last year didnt he?

WRs out of the draft take a long time to develop.  I would be more in favor of going the FA route, someone who can come in and give us an instant boost and contribute right away.  Our O has all the youth it needs, if we add to it I would like to sprinkle in some game proven talent to help right away.

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The 1st official "Trade for Randy Moss" thread « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools