Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The 1st official "Trade for Randy Moss" thread « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#45 : November 04, 2006, 08:07:25 PM

oh my ... Moss? Really? it has to be a joke cause I'm laughing.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#46 : November 04, 2006, 08:08:56 PM

well first round QBs, but how many of them are great passers?

Rivers? Not yet

Big Ben? Overrated.

Vick? tough to say, same with grossman.

I agree we need to help grads. I just think the help is here, they just need to step up. Galloway and Clayton arent really defined by drops. Claytons hands were pretty decent this year up till last week. Galloway did catch 80 balls for us last year didnt he?

WRs out of the draft take a long time to develop. I would be more in favor of going the FA route, someone who can come in and give us an instant boost and contribute right away. Our O has all the youth it needs, if we add to it I would like to sprinkle in some game proven talent to help right away.

I agree.  I'd rather go the FA route.  I know Galloway was great last season, but he's got a history of injuries and is quite possibly one more away from retirement.  We can't pin our future on hoping he stays healthy.  

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#47 : November 04, 2006, 08:10:43 PM

oh my ... Moss? Really? it has to be a joke cause I'm laughing.

Yeah, the Moss thing is a bit much.  We'd have to give them probably both 2nd rounders and a starter for their O-line.  I don't think anyone is willing to pay that price.

Lynch47

Hall of Famer

#48 : November 04, 2006, 08:57:12 PM

Maybe Im naive but explain to me how Randy Moss is a malcontent.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#49 : November 04, 2006, 09:10:40 PM

Maybe Im naive but explain to me how Randy Moss is a malcontent.

He left the field before the game was over in Minny.  Just a few weeks ago he said something along the lines of, "Nobody else seems to care, so why should I?" when asked about the Raiders' losing ways.

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#50 : November 04, 2006, 09:19:12 PM

He has also said things like "I go 100% when I feel like it", "I play hard when I want to" and a hundred other one liners that show his true character.

Lynch47

Hall of Famer

#51 : November 04, 2006, 09:34:41 PM

He left the field in Washington with a few seconds left and admitted he was frustrated with the beating the team took and admitted he was wrong. True he said he didnt play hard on everydown but also apologized for that. As for the no one else cares line hes right. Do you see anyone on that team caring I dont the only thing is you dont admit it publicly. Im sure there are plenty of guys in this league who think like that but dont say it.  What are some of the other lines youve heard because to be honest Ive kept an eye on him since hes been in the league and these things are nothing compared to TO or Keyshawn.Listen the Bucs are never going to get him anyway but he'd be a huge addition to the team. Theres no denying that. I guess we'll agree to disagree

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#52 : November 04, 2006, 10:49:06 PM

We DONT have problems, we have youth, on offense anyway.

I agree with you and have posted on the fire gruden thread that this is a young offense.  Three rookies are starting for crise sakes.   And then you have a bunch of 2nd and 3rd year guys. The vets Alstott and Becht are there for blocking.  Fans got on Gruden for not getting young guys in there.  Then he does and the fans think these youngsters are supposed to run like a well oiled machine.

Oh I see, having two straight rookies of the year isn't enough for you. You wanted Gruden to go out and get those rookies who are going to make the probowl right away.  OK then.

But even though I love Grads, we can see why he was a 6th rounder. He isn't that great on the deep ball, at least not yet.  But he does have the ability to lay it out there.  The thing about Moss is you don't have to be right on target. He will take the ball away from the defender.  I think he would fit well with Gradkowski's weaknesses and thats why I think he would be good for the Bucs offense.   

Right now teams are figuring out how to stop Gradkowski.  If we want him to be successful we have to get a reciever like Moss.

#53 : November 04, 2006, 10:50:04 PM

IF Jon Gruden couldn't get along with Keyshawn how in the hell would he get along with a malcontent like Randy moss?

With all due respect, i feel that these kinds of statements are utterly ridiculous. What does the relationship with one player have to do with the other?

gone

Hall of Famer
#54 : November 04, 2006, 10:20:05 PM

As much as I feel Clayton is never gonna be what he looked like in 04, that's all it is: a feeling.  I've been down on him early this year, but in retrospect, it's not that fair.  Last year it was clear he wasn't Simms favorite target, along with the dropsies and seperation issues.  I don't buy the injury excuse like some people do, because his biggest issue was his hands disappearing, not the other stuff.
Still, he hasn't had much of a shot this year -- first Simms, and now a Rookie QB.  No real running game this year.  Not the amount of looks it takes to get a good feel on where he is.  Tons of other things that make it difficult on ALL the players, not just him.  Where would he be now if we had a quality vet QB from week one? 
I just feel this year isn't a good one to judge whether he'll be a good reciever going forward.  Everyone is suffering this year, not just him.  Although I still can't see him as anything more than just another #2...

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#55 : November 04, 2006, 10:53:54 PM

IF Jon Gruden couldn't get along with Keyshawn how in the hell would he get along with a malcontent like Randy moss?

With all due respect, i feel that these kinds of statements are utterly ridiculous. What does the situation with one player have to do with the other?
Its an issue because of the way the Bucs run training camp and practice.  I guess I'm hoping that Moss's experiences have helped him to grow up just a little.  Moss does want to win games, as compared to TO who could care less if the team wins or loses.

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The 1st official "Trade for Randy Moss" thread « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools