Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs bring in Culpepper... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 11

umguy1999

Practice Squad

#15 : July 19, 2007, 04:37:19 PM

I hope he is just making his way North, because without Moss the guy is terrible. We don't need a QB that can throw 5 INTS and no TD to the Bengals defense.  Grad's threw 2 TD and only 1 INT against them last season.  We don't need a QB that can't beat Joey Harrington out of a job...Oops never mind we already have one....Garcia...

stereochemistry

Pro Bowler

#16 : July 19, 2007, 04:39:17 PM

I'd rather have Culpepper in 2008 than Jake Plummer.  You think if the numbers were right the Bucs wouldn't love to have Culpepper primed for when Garcia is done?

Bucs_Rule

Hall of Famer
#17 : July 19, 2007, 04:45:57 PM

It doesn't hurt to bring him in and see if he is healthy or not. If healthy Culpepper would be better than anybody currently on the roster.

whobdis

Pro Bowler

#18 : July 19, 2007, 04:48:09 PM

I think the perception that we are loaded with QB's has been overstated. Right now we
 head into camp with Garcia as our starter. Simms may be on the pup list..Plummer is not
going to report. If Garcia goes down we are about where we were last year...except
McCown replaces Rattay.

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#19 : July 19, 2007, 04:50:03 PM

It doesn't hurt to bring him in and see if he is healthy or not. If healthy Culpepper would be better than anybody currently on the roster.

True.

Sad, but true.

MarleyMon81

Hall of Famer

#20 : July 19, 2007, 04:50:41 PM

I think the perception that we are loaded with QB's has been overstated.

As I've said numerous times about the Bucs' apparent dearth of QB's...QUANTITY, NOT QUALITY!

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#21 : July 19, 2007, 04:52:55 PM

If his knee was that healthy, he never would have been cut by Miami in the first place. He'd have the phone ringing off the hook right now if he was back to the previous form. Again, Gruden never met a QB he didn't like, so I'm not surprised if this is true. WDAE must have a source at the airport.

umguy1999

Practice Squad

#22 : July 19, 2007, 04:57:05 PM

Culpepper was good when he could sit back on 7 step drops and lob balls into double and triple teams and have Moss somehow come down with it, he tried it his first year without Moss and threw a bunch of INT'S 3 to us and 5 to the Bengals and got hurt somewhere a  long the line.  Even when he was in his prime he was lumbering, which is why he got hurt, he is 6-6 260 and is not quick, and is a hard target for defenders to miss.
We should have just drafted a QB, in the 1st or 2nd, I think we had the best QB in the draft on the board at #4 we should have just taken Quinn.

devasher

Starter
#23 : July 19, 2007, 05:02:12 PM

Wow, it looks like my batting average for crazy predictions has just gone up a few points :)

We have a lot of QB's on the roster, the problem is that only one of them played remotely well last year (and that includes the Snake). When a guy with Culpepper's resume becomes available you look, especially when you are 1 hit away from a return to the Gradkowski era and your job is on the line. It also doesn't hurt that the Dirty Birds are likely in the market for another QB now and signing Culpepper would take away one more option for McKay.   

JC510

Practice Squad

#24 : July 19, 2007, 05:02:38 PM

5:00 est 7/19/2007

Associated Press (Tampa, FL) The Tampa Bay Buccaneers have reportedly brought in Free Agent QB Joe Namath for a visit.

"He's a guy who's done alot of good things in the league. We hope his knees can hold up. As you know, I like QBs with experience."

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#25 : July 19, 2007, 05:08:28 PM

Culpepper was good when he could sit back on 7 step drops and lob balls into double and triple teams and have Moss somehow come down with it, he tried it his first year without Moss and threw a bunch of INT'S 3 to us and 5 to the Bengals and got hurt somewhere a  long the line.  Even when he was in his prime he was lumbering, which is why he got hurt, he is 6-6 260 and is not quick, and is a hard target for defenders to miss.
We should have just drafted a QB, in the 1st or 2nd, I think we had the best QB in the draft on the board at #4 we should have just taken Quinn.

Wow, we could just remove Culpepper's name and insert Simms and change Moss to Galloway and we'd essentially have the same thing.  Maybe SImms is a slightly smaller Culpepper but just as lumbering.   :P

devasher

Starter
#26 : July 19, 2007, 05:10:46 PM

The "Moss made Culpepper" theory is overrated.

Culpepper had the best year of his career in 2004 throwing for 4,700 yards and nearly 40 TD's and a 70% completion rate, the same year Randy Moss missed 3 games (Where the team didn't miss a beat) and Moss only caught 700 yards that season. Even when Culpepper had the awful follow up the year later he was still completing 60% of his passes at 7 yards an attempt.

It's not like the guy came in the league as a scrub he was a 1st round pick, and one of only two 1st round QB's that year to amount to anything.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#27 : July 19, 2007, 05:10:59 PM

I hope he is just making his way North, because without Moss the guy is terrible. We don't need a QB that can throw 5 INTS and no TD to the Bengals defense.  Grad's threw 2 TD and only 1 INT against them last season.  We don't need a QB that can't beat Joey Harrington out of a job...Oops never mind we already have one....Garcia...
You think maybe it was just coincidence that without Moss....he was also without 3 starting O-linemen? Maybe it was the loss of the O-linemen, and not Moss. Then he ends up on one of only a few teams with a worse O-line than ours in Miami? The kid is a Pro Bowl QB. Stop being so cliche.

Buccobruce

Starter

#28 : July 19, 2007, 05:11:45 PM

I Might be wrong but i was under the impression that he reaggrivated his injury and went back into rehab. thats why Harrington got the job.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#29 : July 19, 2007, 05:14:04 PM

I hope he is just making his way North, because without Moss the guy is terrible. We don't need a QB that can throw 5 INTS and no TD to the Bengals defense. Grad's threw 2 TD and only 1 INT against them last season. We don't need a QB that can't beat Joey Harrington out of a job...Oops never mind we already have one....Garcia...

I Might be wrong but i was under the impression that he reaggrivated his injury and went back into rehab. thats why Harrington got the job.

You pretty much right.  The knee wasn't healthy, but facts escape some. 
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 11
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs bring in Culpepper... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools