Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Blank says nothing in letter to fans « previous next »
Page: 1

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
« : July 19, 2007, 05:11:54 PM »

FROM KFFL

Thu, 19 Jul 2007 13:41:53 -0700

Atlanta Falcons owner Arthur Blank said in a statement that the team is considering all of its options in with what to do with QB Michael Vick. "There are a wide range of interests and legal issues that need to be carefully considered as we move ahead, including our need to respect the due process that Michael is entitled to. Also, this situation affects everyone - our club, our players and associates, our sponsors, our fans and the Atlanta community among them - so we must consider all of our customers in making any decisions. Given the differing perspectives and strong feelings around this issue, we probably won't make everyone happy, but we are committed to doing the right thing. As the owner of this club that's, ultimately, my responsibility," Blank said.

What else could he say at this point?

Best thing to happen for everyone concerned is for Vick to for leave of absence.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

« #1 : July 19, 2007, 05:14:53 PM »

Absolutely what I would expect from Blank. You're right Stan, what else can he say? He has to come out with a statement, but it's worthless because it won't take any position at all. I also think Vick won't play this year and will be given the "leave of absence for personal reasons."
No way he plays. The fallout at the home games would be bad enough, but that would be multiplied by 10 on road games.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
« #2 : July 19, 2007, 05:33:48 PM »

The players union will rain hellfire if Vick wants to play and they deny him.  Until he is in the clink, or has missed entirely too many practices, he will get his shot to play.  This case is going to take a bit (not an eternity as most cases seem to drag), but Vick will most likely be playing, IMO.  What else are the Falcants going to do?  Play Harrington?  That is laughable.

As for the booing.  Who cares?  Vick gets boo'd everywhere he goes.  He flips off his own fans.  The man could care less about boo's.

JC510

Practice Squad

« #3 : July 19, 2007, 05:40:07 PM »

What else are the Falcants going to do? 

Bite the bullet. Cut Vick, go 2-14 and draft Brohm.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

« #4 : July 19, 2007, 05:44:16 PM »

The players union will rain hellfire if Vick wants to play and they deny him.

Could be the case but the Falcons have every right to give him a paid leave. Look at Blank's words closely, "we're looking at our options" means they're seeing what problems they would encounter by acting on that, IMO.

« #5 : July 19, 2007, 05:59:12 PM »

The circus that will surround Vick will be too much to bear, both at home and on the road. No way Vick plays this season. I'll follow the leads of Snook and B-fink ...... I guarantee it!!!!

Runole

Hall of Famer
« #6 : July 19, 2007, 06:01:00 PM »

Even alleged Conduct detrimental to the league can always result in a suspension.

If Vick can clear up his legal problems than he can petition for reinstatement.  Personally, I think there is no way in Hell this guy should ever see the field again.

gone

Hall of Famer
« #7 : July 19, 2007, 06:33:33 PM »

I wouldn't be surprised to see the union bail out of this one.  Vick is hurting all the other players with this crap. 

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
« #8 : July 19, 2007, 06:51:51 PM »

I don't see them doing anything with him - they can't afford to.  As someone pointed out on NFLN last night, his current deal has been restructured so many times and parts under both CBA's it would be almost impossible for them to get any relief by forcing him to pay any type money back.

I see Blank waiting for Goodell to make the first move of some type of suspension before he does anything.  If Atl does something now and somehow this case falls apart, Atlanta will want and need him - no matter how the public feels about him.

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

« #9 : July 19, 2007, 10:53:25 PM »

My MonopolyMoney is on "Vick gets CUT".

WAAAAY too much of a PR disaster!!! Can you imagine all the negative phone calls the Falcons will getting for keeping PacmanMexico on the team-- and the BadPublicity of the trial and hearings?!?

Blank can't be totally innocent either.
You can't tell me that he hadn't heard "whispers" over the past 5-6 years...

P.S.: I'm not sure if I was a Falcons player that I'd want MilkboneDogBiscuits thrown at me at 8 Road games this year...

byronikbuc

Practice Squad

« #10 : July 19, 2007, 10:53:45 PM »

The amazing thing about this issue, being a Bucs fan living in Atlanta, is listening to the throng of folks who are still fighting for Vick.  Not by using rational arguments, such as, "innocent until proven guilty", but trying to compare Vick to other players/incidents.  My favorite from today, (straight from a radio host here in town), was "Danny Heatley killed a man..he didn't even catch any flack.  Vick is only hurting dogs, and I still doubt that that is even true... "  amazing...

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
« #11 : July 20, 2007, 07:51:46 AM »

Don't think either the league or Blank will do anything until the verdict is in. Maybe not in the eyes of many, but he has only been indicted, not convicted. OJ got off!

Read somewhere, if he is suspended without pay and is not convicted, Vick can sue the league and/or the Falcons or both.

His contract will not let Atlanta cut him cause Atlanta can't handle the cap hit.

Best scenario if for Vick to ask for leave of absence. League/Falcons no longer can do a Keyshawn on him.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981
  Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Blank says nothing in letter to fans « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools