Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs take Brian Brohm QB, Louisville! « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
: November 04, 2006, 11:04:41 PM

According to the NFL Countdown mock draft the Bucs will select Brian Brohm QB Louisville with the 10th pick.

"Not that long ago it appeared that Chris Simms would be the Bucs quarterback for years to come but now it doesn't look like he will even be on the team in 2007. Jon Gruden does seem to like rookie Bruce Gradkowski but he was a 6th round pick and is probably more of a backup at the pro level so the opportunity to bring in an elite signal caller like Brohm would be very tempting. Were it not for concerns about his durability Brohm would likely have been long gone by this point and he could still very easily go much, much higher should he opt to come out early. This pick would finally give Gruden the true franchise quarterback he has long been searching for."

I disagree because I think Gruden would prefer to get in a veteran. I think he is tired of not having a veteran.  I wouldn't be surprised if the Bucs shelled out some serious cash for a veteran, but the Bucs fans aren't going to have the patience to watch two or three years of growing pains with a rookie QB.

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#1 : November 04, 2006, 11:14:09 PM

This pick would finally give Gruden the true franchise quarterback he has long been searching for."

What a waste of time this is becoming...

#2 : November 05, 2006, 12:02:22 AM

some other person on here wants Brohm...I say...NO THANKS

defntlydiffrnt

Starter

#3 : November 05, 2006, 02:57:19 AM

Great!  More top picks on offense while the D continues to age.  SA-WEET!!!

I'm hoping this mock is wrong.  I'm really hoping we spend some high picks on D.  JMOT

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#4 : November 05, 2006, 08:08:33 AM

Scott Wright is wrong on that one [you are refering to NFL Draft Countdown ... right?] - Ain't gonna happen - take that one to the bank!

#5 : November 05, 2006, 08:29:59 AM

Too many injury concerns. Pass.

flyinbuc

Pro Bowler

#6 : November 05, 2006, 08:40:05 AM

One thing is for sure no one can predict the draft this far out so it is pretty certain that Brohm won't be the pick

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#7 : November 05, 2006, 08:59:55 AM

Too many injury concerns. Pass.

I agree.

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#8 : November 05, 2006, 09:35:26 AM

Gruden apparently like Grads and McCown. Why would he add another rookie in the first day of the draft? Just doesn't make sense no matter what his name is or where he comes from.

Think Gruden will bring in a vet as back-up only.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

Dominico

Starter

#9 : November 05, 2006, 11:20:24 AM

He is also a junior so who knows if he is even going to enter the draft

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#10 : November 05, 2006, 11:21:49 AM

Gruden apparently like Grads and McCown. Why would he add another rookie in the first day of the draft? Just doesn't make sense no matter what his name is or where he comes from.

Think Gruden will bring in a vet as back-up only.

I am reporting that post for being too damn sensible.   Please take you rationale thoughts over to the Insider board.  

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#11 : November 05, 2006, 11:35:57 AM

I live in Louisville and he isn't coming out.

Baghead #2

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#12 : November 05, 2006, 11:37:52 AM

just what do you really mean by "coming out" --- LOL

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#13 : November 05, 2006, 11:42:57 AM

just what do you really mean by "coming out" --- LOL

LOL

Mohawkbucs

Starter

#14 : November 05, 2006, 02:03:46 PM

no way, a QB isnt the answer, i would say if troy smith fell into the late second, take a look at him, but dont look too hard

Brohm? no way i dont even know if he would go that high

depending on where we pick, the pick should be Calvin Johnson if its offense, but its best to get a stud defensive player

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs take Brian Brohm QB, Louisville! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools