Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Chris Mortenson reports « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 11 12 13

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#180 : November 30, 2006, 10:17:30 AM

I agree. I can't get a handle on the FA market yet, it's way too soon, but knowing that his lousy start and injury status will play into his marketability in a way that is currently unknown, at this point I'd say if they offered him a deal that sounds like the rumored deal, it's a coin-flip on the stay/go meter (with it moving more toward "Go" as time ticks by).

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#181 : November 30, 2006, 10:24:38 AM

I'm very afraid of this market right now. I'd almost rather we didn't have the big room this year and have to go swimming in that feeding frenzy.

It's in a market such as this that you have to be smart and find the best opportunities. That's why I said that I think the Bucs may only be targeting one marquee player, and if I had a guess that would likely be Nate Clements. I know for certain, without any doubt at all, that the Bucs are targeting, essentially, three FA acquisitions on both sides of the ball this offseason. But only one of them will be a truly "big name" player, and I seriously doubt that one name is Freeney.

If we DIDN'T have the cap room we do have, we'd get nothing at all.

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#182 : November 30, 2006, 11:13:13 AM

There are some good defense FAs out there like Clements or Briggs. But offensively there is practically nothing. The draft will be a major player this offseason. So we may get some very good trade offers if we have a high draft pick.

#183 : November 30, 2006, 11:17:34 AM

There are some good defense FAs out there like Clements or Briggs. But offensively there is practically nothing. The draft will be a major player this offseason. So we may get some very good trade offers if we have a high draft pick.

That's an interesting way to look at it.

gone

Hall of Famer
#184 : November 30, 2006, 12:03:55 PM

I would like to see one impact player on each side of the ball from FA.  I don't see any FA QB's fitting that description right now.  The whole market is gonna change before Free Agency though...
Some big nales will be re-signed, and some will be let loose as cap casualties.

We could also see a trade with Kelly, Rice, and that extra second round pick.
And stranger things have happened, so Mahan, Pittman, Clayton and some others we might not ordinarily think as trade bait for various reasons could be moved...

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#185 : November 30, 2006, 12:17:33 PM

If there's one guy I can see absolutely staying from your list, it's Pittman.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#186 : December 01, 2006, 02:14:14 AM

You would be crazy to let BK walk!

#187 : December 02, 2006, 01:38:19 AM

unless we get Nate Clements to replace him
Page: 1 ... 11 12 13
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Chris Mortenson reports « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools