Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Chris Mortenson reports « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 13

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#30 : November 27, 2006, 08:11:06 PM

All we know is that its significant...I think its probably a 2-4 year deal. Probably incentive laden.

We know this? Really?

gone

Hall of Famer
#31 : November 27, 2006, 08:11:11 PM

Well regardless of whether he wants to stay or not, unless it's a big ole contract with a guarantee of starting he'd be stupid to sign and not try FA.  Of course, I've never been impressed by his intelligence, so...

rocko23

Hall of Famer
#32 : November 27, 2006, 08:11:50 PM

ok maybe not nasty but Gru did not handle Cris well by **CENSORED**ing him out all the time thats **CENSORED** dont work with everyone, gru did not help  with his confidence

frankbuc

Second String
#33 : November 27, 2006, 08:12:01 PM

Thats just gruden...dont think Simms took it personally

BuccoJD

Starter

#34 : November 27, 2006, 08:13:01 PM

All we know is that its significant...I think its probably a 2-4 year deal. Probably incentive laden.

We know this? Really?

That is my guess...I have no inside info.

BuccoJD

Starter

#35 : November 27, 2006, 08:14:48 PM

Thats just gruden...dont think Simms took it personally

ok maybe not nasty but Gru did not handle Cris well by **CENSORED**ing him out all the time thats crap dont work with everyone, gru did not help  with his confidence

Gruden was more upset with Chris' decision making...I think Gru loves the kids ability, but at times was frustrated with dumb mistakes.

DBuc

Second String

#36 : November 27, 2006, 08:15:06 PM

I wonder much the deal would be for...Also, based on his performance this year, I don't think he is being guaranteed the starting spot...This could make for an interesting camp next year as well...Do you think he will ever get the batted ball thing figured out?  Please don't say it is the scheme...If the slant is open and we need to audible...he needs to be able to make that throw...All offense use short drops on occassion.  He also had balls batted down a couple of times on his deeper drops.  Right now he gives me the same feeling that you get when you have one of those wild relief pitchers are on the mound...He will throw some nice balls but he has the capacity to do some absolutely disasterous things as well.  

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#37 : November 27, 2006, 08:18:45 PM

I would be a happy camper to see Simms back in Pewter, no doubt about it.

He brings depth, he brings talent, he brings youth.  He understands the offense, the team should be better with better talent around him, and I think he can be taught to do things differently.  Batted passes, slow windup, "lack" of mobility, despite him running to score a few TDs on some tough runs.  

We should all be happier to have Simms, Grads, and McCown in the lineup.  It sure as hell beats Rattay, Grads, and McCown...

rocko23

Hall of Famer
#38 : November 27, 2006, 08:21:32 PM

I would be a happy camper to see Simms back in Pewter, no doubt about it.

He brings depth, he brings talent, he brings youth.  He understands the offense, the team should be better with better talent around him, and I think he can be taught to do things differently.  Batted passes, slow windup, "lack" of mobility, despite him running to score a few TDs on some tough runs. 

We should all be happier to have Simms, Grads, and McCown in the lineup.  It sure as hell beats Rattay, Grads, and McCown...

i see your points but does he wont to learn to do things better, it jst seems he was not really trying. how long does it take for him to get it, i love his deep ball  for sure

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#39 : November 27, 2006, 08:23:04 PM

The man has been a PRO for 4 years.  It is not like he is chopped liver.  I have my fingers crossed that they sign the kid.  I still have faith in the man.

BuccoJD

Starter

#40 : November 27, 2006, 08:23:30 PM

Another point that shoud be made about the contract offer is that Simms must be coming along nicely in his rehab...I think this is the best part of tonight's news.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#41 : November 27, 2006, 08:23:46 PM

He understands the offense

We'll have to disagree on this one.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#42 : November 27, 2006, 08:24:41 PM

Another point that shoud be made about the contract offer is that Simms must be coming along nicely in his rehab...I think this is the best part of tonight's news.

Not significant, really. He could have come back and played this season.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#43 : November 27, 2006, 08:25:14 PM

He understands the offense

We'll have to disagree on this one.

Allright, he knows the playbook.

As a fourth year, barely played QB, I think he can turn it around.  

Would rather have Simms than Gradkowski, and there is no denying that.

He was bound to do better, and next year with a better O-line, more talent around him, he should fare better.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#44 : November 27, 2006, 08:25:56 PM

Why in the hell wouldn't he want to improve? He doesn't have a ring.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 13
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Chris Mortenson reports « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools