Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Raiders Might Have To Release Warren Sapp « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

HarryChronicJr

Rookie

#15 : July 26, 2007, 07:16:12 AM

bring sapp back....is this a joke?  dude is one of my all time favorite bucs....and I'd never be so myopic as to suggest we bring him back for any other reasons than a coaching position.

there's a reason most cars warranties don't pass 100k.

HarryChronicJr

Rookie

#16 : July 26, 2007, 07:19:59 AM

more thoughts:

sapp was a great combo of absolute attitude and god given talent.  both those things assisted the other.  he's lost one of them now.........and the balance will be thrown off....as the other it going to get worse and worse to deal with as he gets older.  sapp is not going to be one of those cats that retires to the golf course and enjoys his life.  he's an old warrior........and he's gonna be bitter........and one of those guys you don't even want to be around.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#17 : July 26, 2007, 07:47:20 AM

Not just yes but HELL yes. I would love it.
I remember so many who were glad to see him go. I couldn't believe it. Warts and all, he was the heart and soul of this D. McKay should be banished to the CFL along with Vick for causing that to happen.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#18 : July 26, 2007, 08:00:32 AM

doesnt sapp play better with more weight?  and i worry about the old saying, "you can never go back home".  or something like that.  i love the guy, but i dont see it happening.  id see the chicago thing happening first.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

HarryChronicJr

Rookie

#19 : July 26, 2007, 08:36:00 AM

yeah folks.........let's take up a roster spot for that.  I'm sure he's still as good as ever.  are you people for real? let it go...we're trying to build a defense here.

Buccobruce

Starter

#20 : July 26, 2007, 08:45:53 AM

Im in favor of it 100%. im just not sure he would come here over Indy, or possibly Detroit

redbeard10

Hall of Famer
#21 : July 26, 2007, 08:49:41 AM

yeah folks.........let's take up a roster spot for that.  I'm sure he's still as good as ever.  are you people for real? let it go...we're trying to build a defense here.
You mean like by adding a player who had ten sacks last year to a defensive that generated no pressure last year? You mean building a defense like that?

redbeard10

Hall of Famer
#22 : July 26, 2007, 08:50:13 AM

Im in favor of it 100%. im just not sure he would come here over Indy, or possibly Detroit
Detroit has Rogers and Redding. I believe they're out of the DT market.

bucsbum

Hall of Famer

#23 : July 26, 2007, 08:57:22 AM

Yes Bring back Sapp. It is obviouse that Sapp still has the fire. You don't lose 50-60 pounds to be a nobody. Ive been following Sapp since his days in Miami and it appears that Sapp has gone through an enlightenment period in his life. Which says a lot for someone like Sapp. He is older and appears more level headed now then he was with the Bucs. I say bring the man in and you will be bringing back the fire.
However I think you will find that the Colts might have a quiet interest in Sapp also.
Further more Kiffin might want to keep Sapp around as Sapp is a prodigy of his father. I also have an issue with the reasoning that is being written in this article which might indicate that the newspaper is trying to use its influence to keep Sapp in Oakland. The newspaper is reporting that Kiffin would want to wave Sapp because of Kiffins feeling of his own insecurities. This article underminds Kiffins efforts for a youth movment on the Raiders because of the reasoning behind the release of Sapp. Oh and if your asking why the newspaper would not want Sapp released. Lets face it Sapp sells print.

FartMan

Pro Bowler
#24 : July 26, 2007, 09:01:54 AM

I say bring him back... as a blocking TE.

He is in really good shape.... I think it would be awesome.

HarryChronicJr

Rookie

#25 : July 26, 2007, 09:21:28 AM

free your mind..........the rest will follow

flyinbuc

Pro Bowler

#26 : July 26, 2007, 09:28:57 AM

Sapp is the bomb.

tonilynn

Starter

#27 : July 26, 2007, 09:43:38 AM

Rice,Sapp,Adams,Hovan,Carter,Spires,Chuckwarth what a defensive line
June,Brooks,Nece,Black,Ruud,Winborn what a set of linebackers
Barber,Kelly,PBuc,Davis,Phillips,Allen,Piscitelli,Jackson decent secondary

a defense like that kiffin has us back in top 5 with the additions of morris and coyer

#28 : July 26, 2007, 09:47:22 AM

Detroit has Rogers and Redding. I believe they're out of the DT market.

Lions | Alama-Francis could be placed on PUP
Wed, 25 Jul 2007 11:52:30 -0700

Tom Kowalski, of Mlive.com, reports the Detroit Lions could place DL Ikaika Alama-Francis (chest) on the Physically Unable to Perform list.

Lions | Rogers could be placed on PUP
Wed, 25 Jul 2007 11:48:57 -0700

Tom Kowalski, of Mlive.com, reports the Detroit Lions could place DT Shaun Rogers (shoulder, knee) on the Physically Unable to Perform list.

Ladyfan

Hall of Famer
#29 : July 26, 2007, 09:52:27 AM

Bring Sapp back for a one year contract so he can retire as a Buc.  Or if he wants to retire now, which it doesn't sound like, bring him back for one day and have a bash in his honor...the whole city would turn out.  Hey, Pam Iorio might even name a day after him and give himn the keys to the city.

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Raiders Might Have To Release Warren Sapp « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools