Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Raiders Might Have To Release Warren Sapp « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#30 : July 26, 2007, 10:21:07 AM

I think Sapp misses Brooks and the area.  I also think he's pissed, still, that he didn't get a chance to break the franchise sack record.  Put those together and we might be able to get a year from him that would be kind of special...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#31 : July 26, 2007, 10:25:38 AM

I think he misses Lynch as well as Brooks.   Maybe he'll sign with the Broncos.

#32 : July 26, 2007, 10:27:42 AM

He would probably break Lee Roy's sack record if he came back.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#33 : July 26, 2007, 10:34:29 AM

bring sapp back....is this a joke? dude is one of my all time favorite bucs....and I'd never be so myopic as to suggest we bring him back for any other reasons than a coaching position.

there's a reason most cars warranties don't pass 100k.

10 sacks last year.  Stop typing.

Buccobruce

Starter

#34 : July 26, 2007, 10:35:58 AM

yeah folks.........let's take up a roster spot for that.  I'm sure he's still as good as ever.  are you people for real? let it go...we're trying to build a defense here.

You kind of sound like Tracy Morgan on that 2k commercial.... you have Birdies in your head?

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#35 : July 26, 2007, 10:51:23 AM

In Oakland, did he play NT or UT last year. Either way, 10 sacks for an interior lineman is freakishly good. If he's willing to come here cheap, sign him. But if there is a 2-3 team bidding war for a 1-2 year stop gap solution, go a different direction.

"...if The Price is Right"-Bob Barker

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#36 : July 26, 2007, 10:57:55 AM

"...if The Price is Right"-Bob Barker

On very much of a side note, There was a girl in a bar here in Bangkok wearing a "The Price is Right" t-shirt.   I thought that was hilarious!   

Renegade

Rookie

#37 : July 26, 2007, 11:07:07 AM

Ok, I jus moved from California but I do know that the author is always making bologna up. Sapp is going nowhere.

HarryChronicJr

Rookie

#38 : July 26, 2007, 11:14:56 AM

too many groupies living in the past, ready willing and able to trash our rebuild in this thread.  wake up and smell the future.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#39 : July 26, 2007, 11:16:38 AM

yeah folks.........let's take up a roster spot for that. I'm sure he's still as good as ever. are you people for real? let it go...we're trying to build a defense here.
Listen, ahem Chronic (I am assuming it is the OG Chronic considering the use of the periods), you just ripped Jovan Haye, and now you are ripping Warren Sapp after a, IMO, a Pro Bowl year (No, he did not get in but he deserved to).  So what exactly are the Bucs gooing to do with the plethora of mish-moshed players they have?  Keep Haye?  Keep Sims?  Keep Campbell?  Sapp is much better than all of them, even after 100K.  

SHeesh.  I thought you would be smarter than that kronic.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#40 : July 26, 2007, 12:16:28 PM

too many groupies living in the past, ready willing and able to trash our rebuild in this thread. wake up and smell the future.

And the future is... Kevin Carter?  Please keep typing, Chronic.  This is just too easy.

HarryChronicJr

Rookie

#41 : July 26, 2007, 12:24:03 PM

Leeroy (maryjane on the tbb, right?.......)  & Boyd.........some of us are destined to live in the past....and others....me.......were born to understand the future....and plan accordingly.

if this were a super bowl type team...or a team in contention this season......to make any kind of run...and we needed one or two plug-in players ......sapp would have my vote.

fact is ladies..........we're not.  and I don't think either of you have fully grasped nor come to terms with that yet.  we're in level one rebuild........and it's in the greater interest of the team to retain, and train fresh new young blood....and turn them into a lean, mean, cohesive future playoff run team.

dig?

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#42 : July 26, 2007, 12:26:58 PM

Leeroy (maryjane on the tbb, right?.......) & Boyd.........some of us are destined to live in the past....and others....me.......were born to understand the future....and plan accordingly.

if this were a super bowl type team...or a team in contention this season......to make any kind of run...and we needed one or two plug-in players ......sapp would have my vote.

fact is ladies..........we're not. and I don't think either of you have fully grasped nor come to terms with that yet. we're in level one rebuild........and it's in the greater interest of the team to retain, and train fresh new young blood....and turn them into a lean, mean, cohesive future playoff run team.

dig?

I have never posted on TBB. 

Now, if we had a young stud to play UT I might be inclined to agree with you.  But the fact is we don't.  We have Kevin Carter who is not, and never has been, as good as Sapp is right now. 

HarryChronicJr

Rookie

#43 : July 26, 2007, 12:28:08 PM

we'll see how things pan out.........

JC510

Practice Squad

#44 : July 26, 2007, 12:29:56 PM

I'd carry Sapp on my back from Oakland to Tampa if thats what it took to get him.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Raiders Might Have To Release Warren Sapp « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools