Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Raiders Might Have To Release Warren Sapp « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6

tonyflash

Starter

#75 : July 27, 2007, 01:25:55 AM

If Sapp is cut, we suspect that he'd be signed by the Bears before his locker in Oakland is empty.

The only problem with this move is he hates the cold with a passion. He would never sign with a team up north that doesn't play indoors.

MarleyMon81

Hall of Famer

#76 : July 28, 2007, 01:43:05 PM

Just thought this was interesting from the SPT's Bucs Blog...

July 28, 2007
Gruden gets visit from old friend

Jon Gruden got a surprise visit from an old friend recently: none other than former Bucs defensive lineman Warren Sapp. He was at the Bucs' training facility one day late in the offseason. Gruden said the two had a good chat despite Gruden playing a role in Sapp's departure from Tampa Bay.

But the most memorable aspect of the visit for Gruden was Sapp's waistline.

"He's 288 pounds," Gruden said. "Man, he looked incredible.

http://blogs.tampabay.com/bucs/2007/07/gruden-gets-vis.html

I'm not real sure I agree with the statement about Gruden having a role in Sapp's departure.  From the looks of things Gruden and Sapp worked well together and Sapp loved being used on offense which Gruden gave him the opportunity to go often in 2002 and 2003.  The reason Sapp didn't remain a Buc had more to do with giving Booger the extension in 2003 instead of Warren.  It was going to be one or the other, but not both in 2004.

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#77 : July 28, 2007, 02:41:52 PM

I'm not real sure I agree with the statement about Gruden having a role in Sapp's departure

Yeah, right? WTF. Who wrote this crap? Judging by the journalistic integrity around these parts probably the same guy who wrote "They just gave Sapp's money to Booger."

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

superbuc

Practice Squad
#78 : July 28, 2007, 02:42:42 PM

Just thought this was interesting from the SPT's Bucs Blog...

July 28, 2007
Gruden gets visit from old friend

Jon Gruden got a surprise visit from an old friend recently: none other than former Bucs defensive lineman Warren Sapp. He was at the Bucs' training facility one day late in the offseason. Gruden said the two had a good chat despite Gruden playing a role in Sapp's departure from Tampa Bay.

But the most memorable aspect of the visit for Gruden was Sapp's waistline.

"He's 288 pounds," Gruden said. "Man, he looked incredible.

http://blogs.tampabay.com/bucs/2007/07/gruden-gets-vis.html

I'm not real sure I agree with the statement about Gruden having a role in Sapp's departure. From the looks of things Gruden and Sapp worked well together and Sapp loved being used on offense which Gruden gave him the opportunity to go often in 2002 and 2003. The reason Sapp didn't remain a Buc had more to do with giving Booger the extension in 2003 instead of Warren. It was going to be one or the other, but not both in 2004.

..was just gonna post that link, Mon.  I totally agree.  Unless you're a Tampa newspaper writer or on the "flagship" Bucs station, Gruden didn't hate every player let go in the last few years......

MarleyMon81

Hall of Famer

#79 : July 29, 2007, 09:21:57 AM

Man, I took a quick glance at the top entry on the KFFL wire and nearly fell out of my chair...

Raiders | Sape waived
Sat, 28 Jul 2007 23:19:56 -0700

Jerry McDonald, of ANG Newspapers, reports Oakland Raiders DT Lauvale Sape has been waived from the team.

I read the darn thing too fast.  All I saw was Raiders, DT, Sap... :-[

#80 : July 29, 2007, 10:12:29 AM

So............it was Sape all along.  :)

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#81 : July 29, 2007, 12:50:34 PM

woah that was close

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

umguy1999

Practice Squad

#82 : July 29, 2007, 04:58:32 PM

IF Sapp were here it would make Adams play better, and unlike Rice Sapp would help him out with advice and pump him up and get on him when he messes up, and be the first one there when he does good. Plus Gruden lets Sapp catch a few passes, and whats more fun than that?

MarleyMon81

Hall of Famer

#83 : July 29, 2007, 05:10:46 PM

...unlike Rice Sapp would help him out with advice and pump him up and get on him when he messes up

In past seasons Rice has always been one to stay after practice to and help work out with a young DL.  He worked quite  abit with Wyms his first two years with the Bucs.  Maybe he didn't feel as secure in his roster place this year and didn't really want to take the rook Adams under his wing. 

umguy1999

Practice Squad

#84 : July 29, 2007, 05:18:16 PM

...unlike Rice Sapp would help him out with advice and pump him up and get on him when he messes up

In past seasons Rice has always been one to stay after practice to and help work out with a young DL. He worked quite abit with Wyms his first two years with the Bucs. Maybe he didn't feel as secure in his roster place this year and didn't really want to take the rook Adams under his wing.

I want RIce on the team, but since he is gone I want Sapp back.

MarleyMon81

Hall of Famer

#85 : July 29, 2007, 05:21:29 PM

I want RIce on the team, but since he is gone I want Sapp back.

He would definitely inject some attitude and life into the team.  Even at his advanced age and with somewhat declining skills, the minute he becomes a Buc again, he's the automatically the best option the Bucs have at UT.

Page: 1 ... 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Raiders Might Have To Release Warren Sapp « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools