Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Reese rips Petitgout « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#30 : July 26, 2007, 10:27:10 PM

Petigout is not supposed to be a star, just a solid player at a position where we desperately need solid play.

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#31 : July 27, 2007, 01:13:42 AM

Very true Itch - just average to solid.

Major improvement if we just get to that.

Incomparable sig by Incognito

LA BUC

Starter

#32 : July 27, 2007, 01:42:15 AM

I think Petitgout can hold the fort for a couple.

bucs1

Practice Squad
#33 : July 27, 2007, 11:53:16 AM

Luke Petitgout responds to Jerry Reese's comments:

From TBO.com: http://www.tboblogs.com/index.php/sports/comments/new-man-in-town/

New Man In Town

New Giants GM Jerry Reese wasted little time firing his first salvo of training camp and Bucs LT Luke Petitgout was the surprised target.

In pointed remarks to the New York Post, Reese belittled Petitgout as a “marginal player for a long time,’’ and suggested the decision to release Petitgout in the off season wouldn’t hurt the Giants.

“People act like Petitgout was the second coming,’’ Reese said. “He never made the Pro Bowl and I don’t think he ever was a first alternate. Now all of a sudden he’s the savior? That’s ridiculous. I don’t think we’re that bad off without Luke Petitgout.’’

Petitgout, 31, signed with the Bucs as a free agent in March after eight seasons with the Giants. He broke his left leg last November but has been installed as Tampa Bay’s starter at left tackle, protecting Jeff Garcia’s blind side.

“I don’t know why he (Reese) is talking about me,’’ Petitgout said after Friday’s morning practice session. “It’s gonna be a nice thing to hang in my locker all season.’’

Balls Out

Starter
#34 : July 27, 2007, 12:49:08 PM

“I don’t know why he (Reese) is talking about me,’’ Petitgout said after Friday’s morning practice session. “It’s gonna be a nice thing to hang in my locker all season.’’

Amen brotha...

"Some birds can only have a back archer if you flick the starter button - spocking the G spot doesn't work on all of them"

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#35 : July 27, 2007, 01:47:48 PM

You know - it would seem difficult to fire up an O-Lineman. Those guys don't hi-five each other after great blocks, they don't chest bump after a particularly long offensive drive...

...so what Jerry Reese has done here is truly amazing!

Thanks a heap, Jerry!

Incomparable sig by Incognito
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Reese rips Petitgout « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools