Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Reese rips Petitgout « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

: July 26, 2007, 10:54:56 AM

http://www.nypost.com/seven/07262007/sports/giants/giants_gm_talks_tough_giants_paul_schwartz.htm

"People act like Petitgout was the second coming. He never made the Pro Bowl, and I don't think he ever was a first alternate. Now all of a sudden he's the savior? That's ridiculous. I don't think we're that bad off without Luke Petitgout. He was not a star left tackle. He was a solid left tackle on some occasions and other times he wasn't. Luke has been a marginal player for a long time."

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#1 : July 26, 2007, 11:04:09 AM

I hope this is sour grapes.

140BPM

Practice Squad

#2 : July 26, 2007, 11:04:34 AM

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank Jerry Reese for making that quote so Petitgout can hang it in his locker for the rest of his Buccaneer career.

#3 : July 26, 2007, 11:04:47 AM

As long as he stays healthy he's still an upgrade no matter how you slice it.

acacius

Hall of Famer

#4 : July 26, 2007, 11:07:10 AM

Solid left tackle on some occassions = the best we've had at the position since Oben.

I, for one, am ok with that.

flyinbuc

Pro Bowler

#5 : July 26, 2007, 11:11:27 AM

Solid left tackle. mmm and that is a rip?

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#6 : July 26, 2007, 11:13:23 AM

As long as he stays healthy he's still an upgrade no matter how you slice it.
I agree with that.

But in all reality, most Giants fans in the know, are quite pleased to be rid of him.  He is almost, but not quite, as maligned as Kenyatta Walker is in Tampa.  Mostly, they think he is a guy who commits penalties at the worst moments.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#7 : July 26, 2007, 11:16:58 AM

Maybe the Giants didn't have a top notch OL coach to...oh crap.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#8 : July 26, 2007, 11:33:10 AM

Solid left tackle on some occassions = the best we've had at the position since Oben.

I, for one, am ok with that.
Funny but true. And best since Gruber before that.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#9 : July 26, 2007, 12:40:26 PM

Who is saying Luke was the second coming? It's all up to your opinion on Luke and what impact he needs to have. Reese must be hearing that question a bunch from the NY media to react that way. I know Eli said that Luke was a very solid LT for them and he's sad to see him go, I'll take solid over AD any day of the week.

Hell, I'd take a broken Luke over AD any day.

gone

Hall of Famer
#10 : July 26, 2007, 01:13:19 PM

This guy is a clown, he really shouldn't be a GM.  He has no idea how to comport himself.  The comments about Luke are due to all the questioning of that move that he's been having to deal with.  To bash a former player is a low class move, even if he deserves it.  Funny, but as much as people think Gruden's a POS, you never hear him trashing Keyshawn or Keenan, let alone someone who left on good terms.  That attitude, and the public comments, will turn a lot of players off, and create a lot of tension on the team.

Reese is destined for a very short tenure as GM.

corruptpirate

Pro Bowler

#11 : July 26, 2007, 01:22:29 PM

Yea, what Reese just did wasn't very classy. He should have just wished Petitgout luck and trumpeted the guys replacing him.

"People are so worried about left tackle . . . I think that's so overrated." I just find that quote amusing.

flyinbuc

Pro Bowler

#12 : July 26, 2007, 01:32:03 PM

He(reese) has the demeaner of someone in way over his head.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#13 : July 26, 2007, 01:37:17 PM

That response is really silly. There's no reason to rip on the guy (true or not) and frankly when you dump a player at a premier position without a premier plan to replace him people have to ask questions about what you are doing. Even when we dumped Oben we had an obvious plan - I mean it was a terrible plan but it was a plan not,  "We hope Guy Whimper or Dave Diehl can do the job".

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

orlandobuc

Starter

#14 : July 26, 2007, 02:38:42 PM

For obvious reasons his opinion on this matter isnt worth the spit it took to say it.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Reese rips Petitgout « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools