Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Rice blasts Gruden « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
« #75 : July 27, 2007, 07:23:10 PM »

I think the gorilla in the room is you.

I love the way an idiot like you can take this so personal. LMAO, you are a joke to me, a pretty funny one at that.

I take it personal?  You criticize Gruden every chance you get and I take it personal?  You make it sound like he stole your girl and I take it personal?  Please.  You're ideas have been disproven so many times it's ridiculous.  Carry on though.  If you can't take getting called on the nonsense then stop posting it.

My ideas? I guess that is one of those things you say that have no merit other than you saying it. This is all about opinions, I am not sure how you disprove an opinion. Well yeah I do, I have an opinion, you have the opposite opinion so in your simple mind your opinion "disproves" mine. I don't take anything Gruden does personal, find one post where I call Gruden anything worse than a bad coach...  You won't because I don't call him names, or take anything he does personal.
I have strong convictions, some people have wishy washy convictions, its what makes this a pretty good place to post. I don't try to bring people to my side by force and personal statements. I simply make points, arguments and state my opinion, I guess you define that as a personal attack on Gruden. FYI a personal atack would be to say Gruden is a lousy Father, or is cheap, or cheats on his wife (I have never said anything close to that, and don't even have an opinion on those things). Saying he is a bad coach is an opinion. I can see how it would be a hard concept for you to grasp.

Olaf - UM is right - it is not personal - it is repetitive, tiresome and boring to read the same stuff over and over but it is not personal for the most part.

This the only subject where UM is like this - so I normally take on shot to get him moved off of it and it doesn't work I simply ignore him or go to another topic.  And since I took my shot in another thread - off I go.  Take care guys.  If you head back to football soon - well I will check back and see..

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

umguy1999

Practice Squad

« #76 : July 27, 2007, 07:28:42 PM »

I love the way an idiot like you can take this so personal. LMAO, you are a joke to me, a pretty funny one at that.

I take it personal? You criticize Gruden every chance you get and I take it personal? You make it sound like he stole your girl and I take it personal? Please. You're ideas have been disproven so many times it's ridiculous. Carry on though. If you can't take getting called on the nonsense then stop posting it.

My ideas? I guess that is one of those things you say that have no merit other than you saying it. This is all about opinions, I am not sure how you disprove an opinion. Well yeah I do, I have an opinion, you have the opposite opinion so in your simple mind your opinion "disproves" mine. I don't take anything Gruden does personal, find one post where I call Gruden anything worse than a bad coach... You won't because I don't call him names, or take anything he does personal.
I have strong convictions, some people have wishy washy convictions, its what makes this a pretty good place to post. I don't try to bring people to my side by force and personal statements. I simply make points, arguments and state my opinion, I guess you define that as a personal attack on Gruden. FYI a personal atack would be to say Gruden is a lousy Father, or is cheap, or cheats on his wife (I have never said anything close to that, and don't even have an opinion on those things). Saying he is a bad coach is an opinion. I can see how it would be a hard concept for you to grasp.

Olaf - UM is right - it is not personal - it is repetitive, tiresome and boring to read the same stuff over and over but it is not personal for the most part.

This the only subject where UM is like this - so I normally take on shot to get him moved off of it and it doesn't work I simply ignore him or go to another topic. And since I took my shot in another thread - off I go. Take care guys. If you head back to football soon - well I will check back and see..

Ok have a great weekend buddy.

« #77 : July 27, 2007, 09:26:20 PM »

Today's headline should have read..."Steamed Rice!"

I mean, it writes itself.  Come on newspaper writers! ;D

I prefer "Gruden burned by steamed Rice!"

fessy

Second String

« #78 : July 27, 2007, 10:31:34 PM »

For a bunch of football fans, there sure is a lot of crying on this board yesterday and today.

im guessing you are a casual fan.

no, I'm hardcore...but understand not to cry when old players get removed from my team.  I'm hardcore, but definitely not a fanatic.  It doesn't run my life, although I do check this board and WDAE all day long and go to a few practices since they're in my back yard up here in Disney.  Went to several games in the Sombrero, but never a season ticket holder because I never knew anything about that being under 18 and  all at that time.

Rice is gone, move on.  Shiot happens.  Do you remember that Montana, Jerry Rice, and Emmit played for other teams before they retired.  None of the players we've let go were in their league....except maybe Steve Young.

Sgt.Shultz

Hall of Famer

« #79 : July 27, 2007, 10:41:28 PM »

I mean, it writes itself. Come on newspaper writers! ;D

You'll never cut it as a writer then. Marley, yours was great!

Java is the new Pewter Report Forums Critic

With MarleyMon as Chief Writer/Editor

Illuminator : Staff Writer

Dont worry Illuminator...yours was cool too.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

« #80 : July 27, 2007, 10:36:38 PM »

I mean, it writes itself. Come on newspaper writers! ;D

You'll never cut it as a writer then.    Marley, yours was great!

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
« #81 : July 27, 2007, 10:43:05 PM »

I take it personal?  You criticize Gruden every chance you get and I take it personal?  You make it sound like he stole your girl and I take it personal?  Please.  You're ideas have been disproven so many times it's ridiculous.  Carry on though.  If you can't take getting called on the nonsense then stop posting it.

My ideas? I guess that is one of those things you say that have no merit other than you saying it. This is all about opinions, I am not sure how you disprove an opinion. Well yeah I do, I have an opinion, you have the opposite opinion so in your simple mind your opinion "disproves" mine. I don't take anything Gruden does personal, find one post where I call Gruden anything worse than a bad coach...  You won't because I don't call him names, or take anything he does personal.
[/quote)

Disprove's a bad word, discredit would be more appropriate.  Saying he's a bad coach is your opinion.  I have no problem with you having an opinion.  Your skewed version of facts to back it up is whole 'nother story.  Your posting those skewed "facts" over and over again is another story.  Blaming Simms lack of development on Gruden's comments on draft day and not "adapting" his system is another story.  Trying to saying losing 7 1st and 2nd round picks over 5 years doesn't effect a teams talent base is another story.  You can have an opinion, but if you try to back it up with idiotic, flawed reasoning then you're going to get called on it.  And you don't have to talk down to me.  I'm neither ignorant or simple so feel free to address my reason how ever you see fit.

MarleyMon81

Hall of Famer

« #82 : July 27, 2007, 10:51:38 PM »

Thanks for the promotion, Sgt. ;D

bklynbucs11

Starter

« #83 : July 28, 2007, 11:20:19 AM »

I am sure Simms can't pass a physical right now.  Caddy was only running in his barefeet, for whatever purpose that served.  Clayton has his injury du jour that KJ would have lauged at.  I bet none of them can pass a physical.  Maybe they will all be released. 

Very true.

I think in the case of Simeon, the decision may not have to do specifically with Rice's potential football contributions. I think this may have something to do with it (not to toot my own horn)

http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?topic=11518.0

lest we forget, $7.5 million is a lot of money. If you're offering it to a player who isn't fully recovered, who you don't expect to be available at 100%, and whose replacement you have already drafted, its a thought that comes to mind.

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
« #84 : July 28, 2007, 02:45:12 PM »

Keep,

Gruden and Rice talked when they were discussing the pay cut that Rice refused to take. Rice knew that would mean he would get cut.  Rice threw Gruden under the bus last year, and I don't remember him apologizing for it.  Why should Gruden now give the guy a big bear hug goodbye?

umguy1999

Practice Squad

« #85 : July 28, 2007, 05:15:24 PM »

I take it personal?  You criticize Gruden every chance you get and I take it personal?  You make it sound like he stole your girl and I take it personal?  Please.  You're ideas have been disproven so many times it's ridiculous.  Carry on though.  If you can't take getting called on the nonsense then stop posting it.

My ideas? I guess that is one of those things you say that have no merit other than you saying it. This is all about opinions, I am not sure how you disprove an opinion. Well yeah I do, I have an opinion, you have the opposite opinion so in your simple mind your opinion "disproves" mine. I don't take anything Gruden does personal, find one post where I call Gruden anything worse than a bad coach...  You won't because I don't call him names, or take anything he does personal.
[/quote)

Disprove's a bad word, discredit would be more appropriate.  Saying he's a bad coach is your opinion.  I have no problem with you having an opinion.  Your skewed version of facts to back it up is whole 'nother story.  Your posting those skewed "facts" over and over again is another story.  Blaming Simms lack of development on Gruden's comments on draft day and not "adapting" his system is another story.  Trying to saying losing 7 1st and 2nd round picks over 5 years doesn't effect a teams talent base is another story.  You can have an opinion, but if you try to back it up with idiotic, flawed reasoning then you're going to get called on it.  And you don't have to talk down to me.  I'm neither ignorant or simple so feel free to address my reason how ever you see fit.

I think twisting and adding spin to my words is a good example of skewing the facts. With the draft picks I NEVER said it had no impact I was opposing a view that someone sat there and named 7 great players playing for other teams as if we would have drafted every one of thse guys. My comment was the I didn't think losing out on those picks were enough to take a SB Champion and turn it into a 7-9, 5-11 and 4-12 team. The Raiders benifited from the picks we gave up for Gruden and they still suck and most of the picks we gave up were high picks anyway. I think the fact that we have had a top 15 and a top 5, and now a top 4 more than make up for the lack of picks, you disagre.
I never said Grudens draft comments made Simms a bad player, I said having to share a lot of snaps with a 6th round rookie in TC and Pre-season, refusal to use the shotgun, the amount of 3 step drops, AND the disrespect by calling him out to the media, name another player he did that with?, and the going off on the sidelines, certainly don't help the development of a young QB, but what do I know and so what if Steve Young, Troy Aikman, Terry Bradshaw agree what have they ever done?
Just because YOU don't agree with it doesn't mean its flawed, it means you think your opinion has more merit simply because they are your opinions. Some people (me) can agree to disagree and be done with it, some people like you have a need to feel like you know more than me about football or the Buc's , and downplay a very common opinion because it difers from yours. ITs not like I am saying Gruden is is stupid, or a bad person, just a bad coach who can't seem to see beyond his own ego. YOU obviously don't feel that way.
  Page: 1 ... 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Rice blasts Gruden « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools