Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Are Cummings & Kaufman angry ? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 10

BucJam07

Hall of Famer

« #15 : July 27, 2007, 01:58:02 PM »

They've been angry ever since Bruce Allen came in and cut off the free meals for the press.

I agree Illuminator, it seems like they really seized this opportunity to blast the regime.

They've taken every opportunity to blast them. They blasted them for letting the defense get old, and they've blasted them for cutting the old guys on defense. They've blasted them for not addressing the QB situation, they've blasted them for having too many QB's. These guys are so transparently pathetic it's ridiculous. Unfortunately, there are a lot of Tampa fans just like them, so their garbage still sells.

100% accurate, every word.

You Can't Spell SCUM Without The

JC510

Practice Squad

« #16 : July 27, 2007, 02:03:33 PM »

These guys are so transparently pathetic it's ridiculous. Unfortunately, there are a lot of Tampa fans just like them, so their garbage still sells.

You're talking about Gruden and Allen, right?

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

« #17 : July 27, 2007, 02:05:38 PM »

The fishwraps talk out of both side of their mouth, if you don't acknowledge that then I'm sorry.

Since you're a hater JC, what's your opinion on the Rice move? Did Gruden sell his soul to cut him? Is Allen the anti-christ?

« #18 : July 27, 2007, 02:10:00 PM »

These guys are so transparently pathetic it's ridiculous. Unfortunately, there are a lot of Tampa fans just like them, so their garbage still sells.

Actually, part of the sentence you quoted is talking about you.

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

« #19 : July 27, 2007, 02:12:53 PM »

They've been angry ever since Bruce Allen came in and cut off the free meals for the press.

I agree Illuminator, it seems like they really seized this opportunity to blast the regime.

They've taken every opportunity to blast them. They blasted them for letting the defense get old, and they've blasted them for cutting the old guys on defense. They've blasted them for not addressing the QB situation, they've blasted them for having too many QB's. These guys are so transparently pathetic it's ridiculous. Unfortunately, there are a lot of Tampa fans just like them, so their garbage still sells.

Nice post Illuminator - absolutely accurate.

Looks like another meal ticket got punched for the last time...

Incomparable sig by Incognito

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

« #20 : July 27, 2007, 02:14:51 PM »

there are allways going to be haters who like to complain, whine, and bash everything basically just negative about everything then you have the real true fans who will support the team no matter what the FO does and will allways stick by there team through the bad times and love all the good times. The Tampa Trib, st. pete times, and the local radio stations all fall under the haters who complain, whine, be negative. Pewter Report is the true fan of the media. Stop your whining local media (not PR) its not going to get you anywhere but make you angry and is not going to make you change any mind the glazers or the FO makes so stop hatin!

Snook

Hall of Famer
« #21 : July 27, 2007, 02:17:28 PM »

Awesome post.  Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

« #22 : July 27, 2007, 02:17:40 PM »

I gotta say that it was crackin' me up watching Ira gettin' all worked up. ;D ::)

JC510

Practice Squad

« #23 : July 27, 2007, 02:26:40 PM »

The fishwraps talk out of both side of their mouth, if you don't acknowledge that then I'm sorry.

Since you're a hater JC, what's your opinion on the Rice move? Did Gruden sell his soul to cut him? Is Allen the anti-christ?

I'm a hater of 20-28, so that makes me a hater of the Gruden-Allen combo. Gruden is still a good coach and I'd like him to stay, but with a new GM.

As for the Rice move, I don't have a problem with them going in a different direction but it could have done in a classier way that would have included Gruden talking to him like a man face to face instead of saying nothing to him.

Snook

Hall of Famer
« #24 : July 27, 2007, 02:29:43 PM »

As for the Rice move, I don't have a problem with them going in a different direction but it could have done in a classier way that would have included Gruden talking to him like a man face to face instead of saying nothing to him.

Until Gruden comments on this, I'm going to reserve judgement. 

And I don't understand why you hate Allen so much.  Even if he's fired after this season, the Bucs are in a GOOD financial situation this year AND next year to sign more free agents (from a better pool than this year).   You act like we're strapped for cash and can't field a competitive team.  IF there is a new regime next season, I think they take over a pretty solid franchise and team.

Snook

Hall of Famer
« #25 : July 27, 2007, 02:32:04 PM »

These two clowns from the Trib is the reason I don't read that rag. 

I've written them both kindly worded emails asking them to tell us what they'd do with this Bucs franchise if they were at the helm.  Instead of constantly criticizing, I'd like to hear THEIR opinion on how this team should be run.

« #26 : July 27, 2007, 02:32:48 PM »

there are allways going to be haters who like to complain, whine, and bash everything basically just negative about everything then you have the real true fans who will support the team no matter what the FO does and will allways stick by there team through the bad times and love all the good times. The Tampa Trib, st. pete times, and the local radio stations all fall under the haters who complain, whine, be negative. Pewter Report is the true fan of the media. Stop your whining local media (not PR) its not going to get you anywhere but make you angry and is not going to make you change any mind the glazers or the FO makes so stop hatin!

Whatever the personal feelings of these reporters might be, the perspective that they take on issues is the one that their bosses deem will sell the most papers. They are nothing more than whores who are pimped out to sell advertising space. The reason they are so negative is because that's what sells in Tampa. Call it a product of being a losing franchise for so many years. Sure, there are a lot of hardcore fans of the team who know what's going on. But they don't comprise the majority. No, the majority of Tampa fans didn't become fans until they started winning. They don't have a knowledge of football gained by experience. Also, a lot of the ticket holders aren't even real fans, they're just there for the social event. As unpopular a stance as it may be, Tim Brown was right.

Snook

Hall of Famer
« #27 : July 27, 2007, 02:38:37 PM »

I broke my word and went to the trib website today.  Here's a funny article:

http://www.tbo.com/sports/bucs/MGBGFR15M4F.html

Rice takes a seat next to linebacker Shelton Quarles on the curb. That's the way it works in the NFL, especially coming off 4-12. Yesterday's icon is today's occupant of the injured reserve list, and maybe this was just Rice's time. Like I said, you can make a reasonable case for what the Bucs did.

But Allen and Gruden have earned the skepticism coming their way this morning because of the sins of the past, even in a notoriously cruel business like this one.

It sends a message to Brian Kelly, Ronde Barber, and maybe even Derrick Brooks, who was said to be visibly shaken at the news. The message is that your day is coming, guys, and when it does, we promise to say nice things and act real sorry.

This IS a business.  We've all acknowledge this.  But these guys CAN'T play forever.  They bash our D and call it old but when the team makes a move to get younger, its bashed.   Its unbelievable. 

Groovatron

Pro Bowler

« #28 : July 27, 2007, 02:42:32 PM »

Damn, Illuminator is on a roll. Good posts.

Snook

Hall of Famer
« #29 : July 27, 2007, 02:42:53 PM »

Here's another interesting quote:

The Bucs wouldn't have won the Super Bowl without him. Remember his sack of Rich Gannon on Oakland's first drive of that game, right after the Raiders had intercepted Brad Johnson?

These guys can't separate their memories from FIVE years ago from the business at hand today.  Reading this, you'd think the Bucs cut him the day after the Super Bowl.  What he did FIVE years ago has nothing to do with his status today.  Its great to appreciate what he did for this team -- WE ALL DO -- but bringing this up in an column is pointless.  These guys can't play for Tampa forever.  Not everyone rides off into the sunset.  Even the NFL's all-time leading rusher was "run out of town." 

Some day, Brooks will be gone.  Some day Barber will be gone.  That's life.  That's the business of football.  

Why is it so hard for people to separate their emotions from reality?

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Are Cummings & Kaufman angry ? « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools