Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Are Cummings & Kaufman angry ? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 10

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#30 : July 27, 2007, 02:43:54 PM

Or we have a top 5 head coach/DC/GM in the NFL that just needed cap room and draft picks to work with.

Either way.
Allen's a top 5 GM? Really?

I broke my word and went to the trib website today. Here's a funny article:

http://www.tbo.com/sports/bucs/MGBGFR15M4F.html

Rice takes a seat next to linebacker Shelton Quarles on the curb. That's the way it works in the NFL, especially coming off 4-12. Yesterday's icon is today's occupant of the injured reserve list, and maybe this was just Rice's time. Like I said, you can make a reasonable case for what the Bucs did.

But Allen and Gruden have earned the skepticism coming their way this morning because of the sins of the past, even in a notoriously cruel business like this one.

It sends a message to Brian Kelly, Ronde Barber, and maybe even Derrick Brooks, who was said to be visibly shaken at the news. The message is that your day is coming, guys, and when it does, we promise to say nice things and act real sorry.

This IS a business. We've all acknowledge this. But these guys CAN'T play forever. They bash our D and call it old but when the team makes a move to get younger, its bashed. Its unbelievable.
Wah. Ask the Chargers fans how much they miss Rodney Harrison and Junior Seau. Ask the Patriots fans how much they miss Willie McGinest, Joe Andruzzi, Ty Law, and Lawyer Milloy. This is a business. You just have to make sure you have the right guy in place to take over, which those teams did. It remains to be seen if the Bucs do.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

BucJam07

Hall of Famer

#31 : July 27, 2007, 02:46:19 PM

Or we have a top 5 head coach/DC/GM in the NFL that just needed cap room and draft picks to work with.

Either way.
Allen's a top 5 GM? Really?

I broke my word and went to the trib website today. Here's a funny article:

http://www.tbo.com/sports/bucs/MGBGFR15M4F.html

Rice takes a seat next to linebacker Shelton Quarles on the curb. That's the way it works in the NFL, especially coming off 4-12. Yesterday's icon is today's occupant of the injured reserve list, and maybe this was just Rice's time. Like I said, you can make a reasonable case for what the Bucs did.

But Allen and Gruden have earned the skepticism coming their way this morning because of the sins of the past, even in a notoriously cruel business like this one.

It sends a message to Brian Kelly, Ronde Barber, and maybe even Derrick Brooks, who was said to be visibly shaken at the news. The message is that your day is coming, guys, and when it does, we promise to say nice things and act real sorry.

This IS a business. We've all acknowledge this. But these guys CAN'T play forever. They bash our D and call it old but when the team makes a move to get younger, its bashed. Its unbelievable.
Wah. Ask the Chargers fans how much they miss Rodney Harrison and Junior Seau. Ask the Patriots fans how much they miss Willie McGinest, Joe Andruzzi, Ty Law, and Lawyer Milloy. This is a business. You just have to make sure you have the right guy in place to take over, which those teams did. It remains to be seen if the Bucs do.

Great point FRG.

You Can't Spell SCUM Without The

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#32 : July 27, 2007, 02:49:01 PM

there are allways going to be haters who like to complain, whine, and bash everything basically just negative about everything then you have the real true fans who will support the team no matter what the FO does and will allways stick by there team through the bad times and love all the good times. The Tampa Trib, st. pete times, and the local radio stations all fall under the haters who complain, whine, be negative. Pewter Report is the true fan of the media. Stop your whining local media (not PR) its not going to get you anywhere but make you angry and is not going to make you change any mind the glazers or the FO makes so stop hatin!

Whatever the personal feelings of these reporters might be, the perspective that they take on issues is the one that their bosses deem will sell the most papers. They are nothing more than whores who are pimped out to sell advertising space. The reason they are so negative is because that's what sells in Tampa. Call it a product of being a losing franchise for so many years. Sure, there are a lot of hardcore fans of the team who know what's going on. But they don't comprise the majority. No, the majority of Tampa fans didn't become fans until they started winning. They don't have a knowledge of football gained by experience. Also, a lot of the ticket holders aren't even real fans, they're just there for the social event. As unpopular a stance as it may be, Tim Brown was right.

No Tim Brown was not right. He called Tampa fans "The dumbest fans in the NFL".....Even though most of our fans are used to winning and not enduring the losing season's that come with it. They still have passion and desire to have a winning team in front of them.

Tim Brown said what he said because he couldn't drive down Dale Mabry HWY without someone acting like they were fair catching a punt. He's the idiot.

well if we had some smarter reporters, radio hosts, maybe tim brown would not say that.

#33 : July 27, 2007, 02:51:22 PM

No Tim Brown was not right. He called Tampa fans "The dumbest fans in the NFL".....Even though most of our fans are used to winning and not enduring the losing season's that come with it.

Would he have been more correct if he had said Tampa has "The most inexperience fans in the NFL"? We're basically arguing semantics here. The majority of Tampa fans just really aren't that knowledgeable about the subject. I can't think of another single stadium in the NFL where I've seen the crowd cheer for their own offense in the red zone.

They still have passion and desire to have a winning team in front of them.

As does everyone else.

#34 : July 27, 2007, 02:56:04 PM

well if we had some smarter reporters, radio hosts, maybe tim brown would not say that.

It's not the reporters or radio hosts' job to educate the public. They are there to pander to the general sentiment and bring in advertising dollars. You can't blame the media whores for the viewpoints of the general public, only for being sleazy enough to play to them.

They tell the public want they think they want to hear. Continued sales and advertising revenue prove whether they were right or not.

BucJam07

Hall of Famer

#35 : July 27, 2007, 02:52:58 PM

I do remeber all of us "dumbest fans in the NFL" being able to subtract 21 from 48 and getting WE KICKED YOUR SOUR Faderass BIOTCH!!

BucJam07

Hall of Famer

#36 : July 27, 2007, 02:59:22 PM

I can't think of another single stadium in the NFL where I've seen the crowd cheer for their own offense in the red zone.

If true, is that the fans fault? Or the stadiums fault for Raising The Flags and Firing Cannons, Your right Ill, alot of people have been groomed to cheer for thier offense while in the red zone, but I just gave you two prime exaples why.

BTW, most NFL fans cheer loud when thier team gets in the RZ, then become quite as the O approaches the LOS. And not having missed a game since 1996, I can atest that our stadium cheers our offense in the RZ no more or less than the next one.

#37 : July 27, 2007, 03:02:28 PM

BTW, most NFL fans cheer loud when thier team gets in the RZ, then become quite as the O approaches the LOS. And not having missed a game since 1996, I can atest that our stadium cheers our offense in the RZ no more or less than the next one.

And exactly what other stadium's fans are you comparing them to? I've seen Tampa's fans cheer louder when the offense approaches the LOS.

JC510

Practice Squad

#38 : July 27, 2007, 03:05:38 PM

As for the Rice move, I don't have a problem with them going in a different direction but it could have done in a classier way that would have included Gruden talking to him like a man face to face instead of saying nothing to him.

And I don't understand why you hate Allen so much.

Wins since 2004
1. Colts- 38
2. Patriots- 36
3. Chargers- 35
4. Steelers- 34
5. Broncos- 32
6. Seahawks- 31
t7. Eagles- 29
t7. Bears- 29
t7. Jags- 29
10. Ravens- 28
11. Bengals- 27
t12. Panthers- 26
t12. Falcons- 26
t12. Chiefs- 26
15.  Giants- 25
t16. Jets- 24
t16. Cowboys- 24
18. Vikings- 23
t19. Rams- 22
t19. Packers- 22
t21. Redskins- 21
t21. Saints- 21
t21. Bills- 21
24. Bucs- 20
25. Dolphins- 19
26. Titans- 17
27. Cardinals- 16
28. Texans- 15
t29. Lions- 14
t29. Browns- 14
31. 49ers- 13
32. Raiders- 11

So basically since Allen took over as GM we're the 24th best team in the league and worst in the NFC South.

BucJam07

Hall of Famer

#39 : July 27, 2007, 03:08:38 PM

And exactly what other stadium's fans are you comparing them to? I've seen Tampa's fans cheer louder when the offense approaches the LOS.

Whatever brotha, I'm there every game. I'm not going to argue with you over the times you've been at home wondering why were being to "Loud". Just stop.

superbuc

Practice Squad
#40 : July 27, 2007, 03:09:45 PM

those crocs look hideous......oh and those ugly bucs shoes in the banner ad do, too!

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#41 : July 27, 2007, 03:10:33 PM

It is sooo lucky for them they aren't in Chicago, Pittsburgh or NE where they do look at the players as resources - if they offered something like these comments there they would be laughed out of the business.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#42 : July 27, 2007, 03:13:51 PM

ya i dont expect us to be that good in that span our team had salary cap problems, keyshawn and mccardell left to be their mee mee selves, we didnt have two first rounders to help us now. If we had two other first rounders on our team now would we even be talking about being 4-12 last year? and you know what it is the job of the media to let people know whats going on with our team and if they are going to be negative about it all it is going to do is convert some people to be the same way. Im tired of it put some people in with some football knowledge on the newspapers and radio shows. tell the people whats really going on. I dont care about their ratings and i dont think anybody else does besides them. I think they can still sturr it up to get ratings and not bash the team at the same time its not impossible you know.  [banghead] [banghead] [banghead]

BucJam07

Hall of Famer

#43 : July 27, 2007, 03:15:13 PM

As I said back in Febuary...The best thing Ira Kaufman can do for this area is to fall of the highest peak on the Skyway Bridge.

He has nothing more interesting to offer us.

#44 : July 27, 2007, 03:15:27 PM

Whatever brotha, I'm there every game. I'm not going to argue with you over the times you've been at home wondering why were being to "Loud". Just stop.

You're missing the point. So, you've been at every home game since you were, what 13? How many other stadiums have you been to? What is your basis for comparison? Do you even have one?

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Are Cummings & Kaufman angry ? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools