Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Training Camp report « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
: July 27, 2007, 01:19:32 PM

Chris Simms took alot of reps with the number two unit and he had a crisp practice on Friday morning. He threw the ball sharply and led receivers well, he looked crisp throwing the football today

“His issues are over now,” Gruden said. “He had a serious injury that takes time to heal. He’s ready to go is my understanding. We’re going to work hard with him. We expect him to compete and we expect him to return to his form two years ago.”

The way the defense lineup at the start of training camp.
he big move was at right end, where Patrick Chukwurah — not Gaines Adams — worked with the first team in place of the released Simeon Rice.

The first group included Greg Spires at left end, Jovan Haye at under tackle, Chris Hovan at defensive tackle and Chukwurah; Derrick Brooks, Barrett Ruud and Cato June at linebacker; Ronde Barber and Brian Kelly at cornerbacks; and Jermaine Phillips and Will Allen at safeties.

The second group featured Adams and Kevin Carter at the ends, and Ellis Wyms and Ryan Sims at the tackles. Ryan Nece, who’s been competing with June at strong side linebacker, lined up at middle linebacker, with Jamie Winborn on the strong side and Quincy Black on the weak side. Sammy Davis and Phillip Buchanon were the corners and Sabby Piscitelli and Donte Nicholson were the safeties.

The third group featured Jeremy Pittman and Julian Jenkins at the ends, and Greg Peterson and Darrell Campbell at the tackles. Antoine Cash was at middle linebacker, with Adam Hayward on the weak side and Evan Benjamin on the strong side. Marcus Hamilton and Alan Zemaitis were the corners and Kalvin Pearson and Tanard Jackson were the safeties.

Quarterback depth chart: Simms took reps directly after Jeff Garcia in most team drills, leading one to believe that the Bucs have enough confidence in him now to pit him against Bruce Gradkowski for the No. 2 spot. Garcia and Simms could be seen throwing together at the beginning of the workout. Simms got plenty of work, as did Gradkowski and fourth-stringer Luke McCown.

whobdis

Pro Bowler

#1 : July 27, 2007, 01:34:36 PM

Thanks for the info. Little suprised Winborn was playing strong side..I thought of him as weak side
guy.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#2 : July 27, 2007, 01:35:26 PM

I like seeing Winborn at SAM.  I think his size, athleticism, and pass-rush make him a great fit there.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#3 : July 27, 2007, 01:40:03 PM

I like seeing Winborn at SAM.  I think his size, athleticism, and pass-rush make him a great fit there.

you've said it all along, well played B.

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#4 : July 27, 2007, 01:45:34 PM

Been asking for months now if Nece could be tried at MLB and I guess I finally got an answer.  I do think Nece will increase his chances at staying if he plays well at MLB.  

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#5 : July 27, 2007, 01:51:43 PM

Hopefully Adams on the 2nd team is just one of those rookie formalities and he'll be starting in 2 weeks.  Glad to hear about Simms.

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#6 : July 27, 2007, 01:55:07 PM

Ike Hilliard had a great grab on a crossing route, tipping an underthrown pass from Garcia to himself before wrapping up the ball.

Second-year receiver Maurice Stovall showed the leaping ability, body control and soft hands the coaches of the Bucs are excited about on one play. Simms threw a pass high to Stovall’s right side, and Stovall had to leap to make the grab. He towered over the corner in coverage and controlled his body well enough to stay come down inbounds.

Joey Galloway did the same thing on a pass that was tipped to him by cornerback Sammy Davis. Galloway caught the ball and appeared to have enough room to keep both feet inbounds for a what would have been ruled a legal catch.

The coach making the most noise Friday morning was linebackers coach Gus Bradley, who had a perpetual smile on his face the entire workout. He yelled quite a bit, but most of it was encouragement to the players.

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#7 : July 27, 2007, 01:58:38 PM

Yuc,

Where do you keep getting his stuff when you are supposedly in Iraq?

Thanks fo the info.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#8 : July 27, 2007, 02:02:19 PM

a lot of digging Stan, alot of digging cutting and splicing and splicing

blitz

Pro Bowler
#9 : July 27, 2007, 02:05:01 PM

This guy wasn't at the camp I was at this morning.     Grads was number two and looked sharp.

blitz

Pro Bowler
#10 : July 27, 2007, 02:10:08 PM

BTW ....I saw Scott Reynolds angling for some interviews.   He's a real pitbull.   

whobdis

Pro Bowler

#11 : July 27, 2007, 02:17:57 PM

I like seeing Winborn at SAM.  I think his size, athleticism, and pass-rush make him a great fit there.

Usually the strong side backer is not rushing the qb..he's covering the TE. I rarely if ever
seen Nece blitz. This is not to say Winborn wouldn't make a good strong side backer.

#12 : July 27, 2007, 02:21:35 PM

Usually the strong side backer is not rushing the qb..he's covering the TE. I rarely if ever
seen Nece blitz. This is not to say Winborn wouldn't make a good strong side backer.

Good observations guys.

At 240+, Winborn will hold up against the run better than June or Nece IHMO.

I have to say that I really like those defensive line ups Yuc listed. Seem to make more sense than some of the ones I was contemplating.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#13 : July 27, 2007, 02:25:52 PM

So they really are considering Haye as a starting undertackle?  That is interesting.

#14 : July 27, 2007, 02:34:33 PM

BTW ....I saw Scott Reynolds angling for some interviews. He's a real pitbull.
Yikes -- was Ookie around trying to grab him? ;) ;D
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Training Camp report « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools