Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Training Camp report « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
« #15 : July 27, 2007, 04:53:28 PM »

Some of the info above conflicts with what was said in PR Insider article on the same practice.  Will post some thoughts on the insiders board.

JC510

Practice Squad

« #16 : July 27, 2007, 04:58:32 PM »

Ike Hilliard had a great grab on a crossing route, tipping an underthrown pass from Garcia to himself before wrapping up the ball.

Second-year receiver Maurice Stovall showed the leaping ability, body control and soft hands the coaches of the Bucs are excited about on one play. Simms threw a pass high to Stovall’s right side, and Stovall had to leap to make the grab. He towered over the corner in coverage and controlled his body well enough to stay come down inbounds.

Joey Galloway did the same thing on a pass that was tipped to him by cornerback Sammy Davis. Galloway caught the ball and appeared to have enough room to keep both feet inbounds for a what would have been ruled a legal catch.

The coach making the most noise Friday morning was linebackers coach Gus Bradley, who had a perpetual smile on his face the entire workout. He yelled quite a bit, but most of it was encouragement to the players.
Been asking for months now if Nece could be tried at MLB and I guess I finally got an answer.  I do think Nece will increase his chances at staying if he plays well at MLB. 

Nece will increase his chances from what, 99% to 99.5%?

blitz

Pro Bowler
« #17 : July 27, 2007, 05:57:48 PM »

Sabby picked off Simms for a TD in the afternoon workout.   Some fans were groaning.......

Sgt.Shultz

Hall of Famer

« #18 : July 27, 2007, 06:01:39 PM »

Sabby picked off Simms for a TD in the afternoon workout. Some fans were groaning.......

As if they werent used to Simms throwing a INT.....pssh.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

« #19 : July 27, 2007, 06:03:19 PM »

Yuc,

Where do you keep getting his stuff when you are supposedly in Iraq?

Thanks fo the info.

Why do you care? You have a problem with his website.

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
« #20 : July 27, 2007, 07:22:04 PM »

now lets all play nice, we are all Buccaneer fans, if you dig long and hard enough you can find anything out. I am not a reporter nor do I want to be I just love my Bucs, I dont care if someone does or doesnt like a site we are all here to debate and discuss the Bucs. what one person see's may not be what another person see's.

I am sure dbucfan will tell some that I am right only  a little bit of the time. I post what i find and what I come across. Just like to share.

That is why i dig so deep

WoodenIndian

Practice Squad

« #21 : July 27, 2007, 07:26:30 PM »

Sabby picked off Simms for a TD in the afternoon workout.   Some fans were groaning.......

Could you or anyone else that was there write a review for us?
Thanks!

blitz

Pro Bowler
« #22 : July 27, 2007, 07:49:12 PM »

Sabby picked off Simms for a TD in the afternoon workout. Some fans were groaning.......

Could you or anyone else that was there write a review for us?
Thanks!

I'll throw out my 2 cents a bit later in the evening.   Since I'm not the PR guys I don't have to protect anyone and can calls it like I sees it.   Three right hand QB's and a lefty don't mix well and that's why Chris is swimming upstream in just about every area from the snap to the backfield motion to spotting recievers on specific patterns.   Timing is a big issue.

I can tell you the D line is where the battles are happening.   Garcia looks very good on both short and long balls.   Boston had the catch of the day on an overthrown ball by Grads that actually went out of bounds.  Boston caught it over his right shoulder "Willie Mays" style while rolling in a ball to protect himself.

The new D coaches are hitting the accelerator and it shows.    Kelly looks great and the secondary should be solid this year.
LB's are in transition and it'll be interesting to see how Brooks is featured.

I talked with Adam's dad for a bit and he's of course proud of his boy and glad the contract got done.    He's got some maturing to do but there gonna throw him into the fire in preseason to get into the speed of the game.   

Caddy is looking great and made some great catches on tough balls out of the backefield.  You can tell he's been working on that part of his game. 

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

« #23 : July 27, 2007, 07:53:24 PM »

Three right hand QB's and a lefty don't mix well

This is one of the reasons I think we should have moved Simms as soon as we signed Garcia.

InlandTaipan

Practice Squad

« #24 : July 27, 2007, 07:58:38 PM »

I was at this mornings training camp and I have a few other things to mention. There were quite a few "Shotgun" snaps (not formations) and  a reverse where Clayton took it to the house. Granted there were no pads so contact wasn't going to happen but Clayton still looked good on the run. Stoval was on a mission the first day, he was all over the field and he wasn't letting many passes get away from him.

I disagree about Simms and Grads, both were IMO had a bad outting. Simms had a few passes tipped (not blocked) and he had to scramble more then once, he was sacked once. Grads was still lacking the deep pass as one of his deep attempts was picked off. Both Grads and Simms held on to the ball alot longer then Garcia. You abosolutely seen the difference in the release. Luke looked to be playing it safe, granted I wasn't really watching him as close as I was the others.

A couple of new things I noticed were the plays they were running had different routes and the defense seemed to be working on new coverages. At least things I haven't seen them do in previous Training camps. There were still alot of shifts and movement going on during the drills. They were working on different packages with different people at times, most of the time is was for one play and then it was a new group running the same play.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

« #25 : July 27, 2007, 08:05:18 PM »

Three right hand QB's and a lefty don't mix well

This is one of the reasons I think we should have moved Simms as soon as we signed Garcia.

It's lucky the 49ers didn't think that way when they kept Steve Young as a backup for Montana.    I don't see why a lefty can't work in as well.

I appreciate you guys sharing the info.   Especially blitz, inland and yucc.   Good stuff guys!

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

« #26 : July 27, 2007, 08:07:07 PM »

This guy with Rachel has me concerned.   I didn't realize she was taken.  Damn it all!   

Sgt.Shultz

Hall of Famer

« #27 : July 27, 2007, 08:10:31 PM »

Java,dont you worry. I doubt Rachel is taking by that Lvl 99 Nightelf.

If that guy doesnt scream World of Warcraft I dont know what does.

« #28 : July 27, 2007, 08:12:22 PM »

c'mon Java, fess up, we all know that's you.  ;D

Sgt.Shultz

Hall of Famer

« #29 : July 27, 2007, 08:12:54 PM »

c'mon Java, fess up, we all know that's you. ;D

If thats Java, im scared.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Training Camp report « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools