Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Not to cause an uproar! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

: July 27, 2007, 10:27:50 PM

Just curious, and I am not trying to stir the pot or speculate anything. I just wanted to know what other Buc fans think. Now having said that......is anyone concerned with Gaines' laid back, quiet, care free attitude. I mean I AM NOT gonna compare him to Rice or even say thats who he has to be, the guy is only a rookie, but Simeon had an extreme confidence, a flare and a mean streak while on the football field...and off. So is there cause for concern with Gaines?

MarleyMon81

Hall of Famer

#1 : July 27, 2007, 10:31:03 PM

is anyone concerned with Gaines' laid back, quiet, care free attitude.

Not a bit.  Watch Lee Roy Selmon in interviews.  The guy has the same quite nature as Gaines.  Watch old footage of Selmon in action as a Buc as he engulfs QB's into the ground with relentless power.

Gaines doesn't have to be as loquacious as Rice.  He can be mild mannered as a man, and a Doberman on the field.

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#2 : July 27, 2007, 10:38:40 PM

Not a bit. Watch Lee Roy Selmon in interviews. The guy has the same quite nature as Gaines. Watch old footage of Selmon in action as a Buc as he engulfs QB's into the ground with relentless power.

thanks lol was looking for someone to make me feel better. I hope you are right

Gaines doesn't have to be as loquacious as Rice. He can be mild mannered as a man, and a Doberman on the field.

dmajik85

Hall of Famer
#3 : July 27, 2007, 10:44:19 PM

Check back with me in about 3 months and I'll let you know how I feel about his attitude affecting his play... for now, I don't think its an issue.

STRICK-9

Starter

#4 : July 27, 2007, 11:36:27 PM

I live in Hilton head, Sc and the reason I do is b/c the people here are the most laid back/friendly people in the world.  And though I'm not African-American, the black heritage here has roots set back to the Gullah period, who are some of the kindest people in the world.  I am not positive but I would guess that after hearing Adams speak.....his heritage is tied to these people.   

I don\'t believe in the Electric Chair...I believe in Electric Bleachers!

BornaBuc47

Hall of Famer

#5 : July 27, 2007, 11:41:38 PM

Well, some of my favorite players such as John Lynch, Derrick Brooks, Rhonde Barber, etc...are pretty miled mannered people off the field. But on the field...that's a whole nother story. I will say though that somebody had better fire this team up. All I know at this point is that we need somebody to step up on the D-line. Let me rephrase, we need the D-line to step up this year so I hope Adams or whoever is playing RDE steps it up. I also think it's unfair to just throw Adams in there like this without any coaching or ability to watch and learn from Rice. This move is going to hurt him in that way. Hopefully he's good enough talent wise to get it done.

From 12 Pro Bowlers to 0-We got hosed alright

MarleyMon81

Hall of Famer

#6 : July 27, 2007, 11:44:11 PM

I also think it's unfair to just throw Adams in there like this without any coaching or ability to watch and learn from Rice.

You really think Kiffin and Coyer are just going to throw a rook like Adams in at RDE and say "Figure it out kid, your on your own" without any coaching at all?  Also, Rice was not the only vet DL they have that he can lean on for experience and guidance.

And Adams wasn't even thrown in there as a starter at RDE on the first day.  Chuck ran the first team RDE.  They're not going to just throw Adams to the wolves to sink or swim.  Early playing time will be earned and invaluable to Adams.

BornaBuc47

Hall of Famer

#7 : July 28, 2007, 01:30:49 AM

So what you are saying is you're feelling just fine with our #4 pick sitting the bench behind Chuck/nobody while a guy he could have learned from just got cut? I'm not talking about the 1st day of camp here. If the #4 pick in the draft doesn't start there better be a damn good reason for it when your team sucked last year and you just cut one of the only consistent all pros you have on the team.

From 12 Pro Bowlers to 0-We got hosed alright

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#8 : July 28, 2007, 07:44:43 AM

So what you are saying is you're feelling just fine with our #4 pick sitting the bench behind Chuck/nobody while a guy he could have learned from just got cut? I'm not talking about the 1st day of camp here. If the #4 pick in the draft doesn't start there better be a damn good reason for it when your team sucked last year and you just cut one of the only consistent all pros you have on the team.

I thought you were serious with this statement until I got to the word "consistent", then I knew you were only joking. The consistent area of Simeon Rice was his refusal to restructure his contract to help the cap situation that HIS contract was largely responsible for. Then there was his refusal to tackle RBs or receivers. He was always consistent about that. I'm sure, given his generous nature, that he would have been thrilled to train Adams to take his job. That was sarcasm, just in case you are unaware of just how self-centered Simeon Rice is. Rice could have stayed if he really wanted to. He didn't. He doesn't care about his former teammates, Adams in particular, and he doesn't care about the fans in general. He cares about his bank account and his ego.
Adams has a learning curve to go through and will learn from men who will instill how to play the game and a sense of community in him. Derrick Brooks is the example to follow, not Simeon Rice. Adams has Carter as a veteran at his position. Rice is not needed or wanted. He will get worked into the lineup a little at a time, as he should. The infusion of youth has begun but it's not going to be in one fell swoop.

doobiedoright

Hall of Famer

#9 : July 28, 2007, 11:04:03 AM

The consistent area of Simeon Rice was his goose eggs he put up against the best LT's!

#10 : July 28, 2007, 11:14:39 AM

Not a bit. Watch Lee Roy Selmon in interviews. The guy has the same quite nature as Gaines. Watch old footage of Selmon in action as a Buc as he engulfs QB's into the ground with relentless power.

Gaines doesn't have to be as loquacious as Rice. He can be mild mannered as a man, and a Doberman on the field.

its amazing how he was able to turn it on and off.... watchin him play was like watching a totally different person. Having said that, Gaines inspires no confidence from me.

Prove me wrong Gaines!!!!!

BucJam07

Hall of Famer

#11 : July 28, 2007, 11:21:34 AM

Rice = 70+ sacks in 6 years. That's not consistant? Then what is for a pass rushing RDE? We knew what we were getting from him. 12+ sacks per season and not much more....besides 5+ forced fumbles, and a few batted balls.

That spells CONSISTANTCY to me.

You Can't Spell SCUM Without The

#12 : July 28, 2007, 11:29:31 AM

Rice = 70+ sacks in 6 years. That's not consistant? Then what is for a pass rushing RDE? We knew what we were getting from him. 12+ sacks per season and not much more....besides 5+ forced fumbles, and a few batted balls.

Consistency.

BucJam07

Hall of Famer

#13 : July 28, 2007, 11:44:41 AM

Consistency.

LOL...I can't believe I did that...lol

You Can't Spell SCUM Without The

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#14 : July 28, 2007, 02:39:36 PM

Good question, but I think you have to see how he plays on the field.  Derrick Brooks isn't a fire and brimstone talker.  At least Adams didn't come in here spouting off how he was going to become an All-Pro or get 20 sacks.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Not to cause an uproar! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools