Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Not to cause an uproar! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#15 : July 28, 2007, 02:43:33 PM

Here's a bet for ya.  I'll bet we never hear Gaines admitting he's not giving 100 percent.

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

Snook

Hall of Famer
#16 : July 28, 2007, 03:29:21 PM

Interviews with Gaines remind me of a young Warrick Dunn...

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#17 : July 28, 2007, 04:30:08 PM

Really?  I could understand every word Dunn spoke.

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

umguy1999

Practice Squad

#18 : July 28, 2007, 05:28:19 PM

I think he will be a good player, but I don't think he will be as good as Rice, being laid back is ok its just the way he is, but Rice was the kind of player who wants to leave a mark, and thought he was the best DE ever, he thought he was faster than Mike Vick and things a long those lines. I could be wrong but I would guess if you asked Rice on draft day his goal, it would have been to be the best DE in the NFL and to make his team better. I think Adams would say its to make it to the NFL, and to help out the team. I base some of this on Sapp and Bugger, Sapp thought the same way Rice does, and Bugger was more laid back and didn't seem as hungry.
Sometimes when you talk trash you don't want to look stupid so you will give that little bit extra to prove yourself. Humble is good, but Clayton is humble and in the last 2 years seems to have lost faith in himself and it shows on the field.

MarleyMon81

Hall of Famer

#19 : July 28, 2007, 05:34:41 PM

I think he will be a good player, but I don't think he will be as good as Rice

Rice is an athletic freak.  Those kind of players with that type of talent come along very rarely.  Rice came along in 1996.  IMO it took another 6 years for an equally talented athletic freak of a DE to emerge in the NFL in Peppers. 

Gaines may become a fantastic player and could turn out to be one of those freaks at the DE position, we'll just have to wait and see.  But players like Rice and Peppers come along very rarely, which is why both were snapped up in the top 3 in their respective drafts.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#20 : July 28, 2007, 05:40:57 PM

is anyone concerned with Gaines' laid back, quiet, care free attitude.

Not a bit. Watch Lee Roy Selmon in interviews. The guy has the same quite nature as Gaines. Watch old footage of Selmon in action as a Buc as he engulfs QB's into the ground with relentless power.

Gaines doesn't have to be as loquacious as Rice. He can be mild mannered as a man, and a Doberman on the field.

its amazing how he was able to turn it on and off.... watchin him play was like watching a totally different person. Having said that, Gaines inspires no confidence from me.

Prove me wrong Gaines!!!!!

I can't put my finger on why, but I completely agree.

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#21 : July 28, 2007, 09:44:47 PM

Just curious, and I am not trying to stir the pot or speculate anything. I just wanted to know what other Buc fans think. Now having said that......is anyone concerned with Gaines' laid back, quiet, care free attitude. I mean I AM NOT gonna compare him to Rice or even say thats who he has to be, the guy is only a rookie, but Simeon had an extreme confidence, a flare and a mean streak while on the football field...and off. So is there cause for concern with Gaines?

Nope.

Remember "Samurai" Mike Singletary?

#22 : July 28, 2007, 10:03:24 PM

I am

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#23 : July 28, 2007, 10:13:45 PM

Good question, but I think you have to see how he plays on the field. Derrick Brooks isn't a fire and brimstone talker. At least Adams didn't come in here spouting off how he was going to become an All-Pro or get 20 sacks.

Sometimes those are the ones who come through the best.

#24 : July 28, 2007, 10:15:49 PM

I am

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#25 : July 28, 2007, 10:24:51 PM

I wonder why people are so down on Gaines?

The man has a high motor, he has made a ton of great plays from the DE spot, he is about as pure a pass rusher as you can get.  He is a guy whose pass rushing talents are on par with ANY collegiate player to have come out in a while.  Gaines will be fine, he will play a good RDE slot, because he was born and has all the traits you need, to successfully man that position.

You guys watch and see, Gaines will do a GREAT job with Coyer pushing him, and Kiff scheming away.  The coaches Gaines have are far superior to the coaches he has ever had, and Gaines was absolutely an ANIMAL without them. 

With Coyer, and Kiff, I suspect Gaines will make you all eat your words, and I am sure you all will be glad to be eating them!

You are Bucs fans, afterall, right?

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#26 : July 28, 2007, 10:38:37 PM

I'm not worried about his off-field demeanor at all.  I am concerned about his on-field ethic, consistency, and drive.  He had some questions in college; hopefully Coyer and Monte help him put those concerns to bed.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#27 : July 28, 2007, 11:06:04 PM

I wonder why people are so down on Gaines?

The man has a high motor, he has made a ton of great plays from the DE spot, he is about as pure a pass rusher as you can get. He is a guy whose pass rushing talents are on par with ANY collegiate player to have come out in a while. Gaines will be fine, he will play a good RDE slot, because he was born and has all the traits you need, to successfully man that position.

You guys watch and see, Gaines will do a GREAT job with Coyer pushing him, and Kiff scheming away. The coaches Gaines have are far superior to the coaches he has ever had, and Gaines was absolutely an ANIMAL without them.

With Coyer, and Kiff, I suspect Gaines will make you all eat your words, and I am sure you all will be glad to be eating them!

You are Bucs fans, afterall, right?
I think the same thing too, I expect Gaines Adams to have a Dwight Freeney type rookie year. After all they play the same scheme and they both are quick of the snap,and play the pass first. Plus Adams has the height advantage so he should be swatting balls or tipping them. :)

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

#28 : July 28, 2007, 11:22:19 PM

I'll gladly eat a platter full of those words!!!!

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#29 : July 28, 2007, 11:50:59 PM

I'll gladly eat a platter full of those words!!!!
I know you would, Hate, I know you would.

But in the end, it would be a meal you would love!

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Not to cause an uproar! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools