Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Not to cause an uproar! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#30 : July 29, 2007, 12:03:34 AM

So what you are saying is you're feelling just fine with our #4 pick sitting the bench behind Chuck/nobody while a guy he could have learned from just got cut? I'm not talking about the 1st day of camp here. If the #4 pick in the draft doesn't start there better be a damn good reason for it when your team sucked last year and you just cut one of the only consistent all pros you have on the team.
How could he learn from a guy who stated he wouldn't "tutor" Adams?

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#31 : July 29, 2007, 10:53:22 AM

Rice was never going to be the guy that helped out his replacement.  Certainly part of the reason he's gone was is poor attitude.

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

#32 : July 29, 2007, 11:12:32 AM

With Coyer, and Kiff, I suspect Gaines will make you all eat your words, and I am sure you all will be glad to be eating them!

I'll gladly eat a platter full of those words!!!!
I know you would, Hate, I know you would.

But in the end, it would be a meal you would love!

Damn rite... like fried chicken and my mom's macaroni and cheese.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#33 : July 29, 2007, 11:14:14 AM

Rice was never going to be the guy that helped out his replacement. Certainly part of the reason he's gone was is poor attitude.

PR stated a few times that the FO felt he would in fact mentor him, and that was the reason for keeping him this year instead of cutting/trading him

bucnut

Hall of Famer
#34 : July 29, 2007, 11:15:55 AM

The old saying "Speak softly and carry a big stick" works for me. 

NFC South BBS Viva la Grudenistas!  GO GATORS!!!

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#35 : July 29, 2007, 01:27:53 PM

is anyone concerned with Gaines' laid back, quiet, care free attitude.

Not a bit. Watch Lee Roy Selmon in interviews. The guy has the same quite nature as Gaines. Watch old footage of Selmon in action as a Buc as he engulfs QB's into the ground with relentless power.

Gaines doesn't have to be as loquacious as Rice. He can be mild mannered as a man, and a Doberman on the field.

Knowing LeRoy, I'd say you hit it on the head.  Without question THE nicest guy on the planet that I know! I asked him once how he could be some nice and just destry olinemen and QB's.  He smiled softly and said, it was a God given gift.  I'm sure gaines would do well to seek out Mr. Selmon and spend some time with him...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

#36 : July 29, 2007, 01:33:30 PM

is anyone concerned with Gaines' laid back, quiet, care free attitude.

Not a bit. Watch Lee Roy Selmon in interviews. The guy has the same quite nature as Gaines. Watch old footage of Selmon in action as a Buc as he engulfs QB's into the ground with relentless power.

Gaines doesn't have to be as loquacious as Rice. He can be mild mannered as a man, and a Doberman on the field.

Knowing LeRoy, I'd say you hit it on the head.  Without question THE nicest guy on the planet that I know! I asked him once how he could be some nice and just destry olinemen and QB's.  He smiled softly and said, it was a God given gift.  I'm sure gaines would do well to seek out Mr. Selmon and spend some time with him...

I'm all over  that Chev, Lee Roy would be a great off field mentor for Gaines.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#37 : July 29, 2007, 02:17:53 PM

Rice was never going to be the guy that helped out his replacement. Certainly part of the reason he's gone was is poor attitude.

PR stated a few times that the FO felt he would in fact mentor him, and that was the reason for keeping him this year instead of cutting/trading him
Well apparently that scenario didn't pan out, now did it?

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#38 : July 29, 2007, 02:58:18 PM

With Coyer, and Kiff, I suspect Gaines will make you all eat your words, and I am sure you all will be glad to be eating them!

On steamed Rice!

Balls Out

Starter
#39 : July 29, 2007, 05:05:58 PM

I'm not worried about Gaines not having Simeon as a mentor, Kevin Carter is known as the ultimate professional (on and off the field) so call me crazy, but I'd rather him under Kevin's wing than Simeons...

"Some birds can only have a back archer if you flick the starter button - spocking the G spot doesn't work on all of them"

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#40 : July 30, 2007, 12:39:48 AM

On steamed Rice!
I LOVE steamed rice.  Goes with anything.  I mean anything.

I'm not worried about Gaines not having Simeon as a mentor, Kevin Carter is known as the ultimate professional (on and off the field) so call me crazy, but I'd rather him under Kevin's wing than Simeons...

And with this, I agree.  At least, from what I have read on MB's anyway...

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Not to cause an uproar! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools