Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: How can Rice pass a physical? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
« : July 29, 2007, 11:19:07 PM »

Rice will be taking a physical for the Giants on Wednesday.

How can he pass a physical when in his own words he has said he isn't healthy and he is going to Alabama to get his shoulder scoped?

Doesn't make sense.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

T

Hall of Famer

« #1 : July 29, 2007, 11:19:59 PM »

I heard he is going for an interview only and not a physical.

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
« #2 : July 29, 2007, 11:23:22 PM »

Interview was previously announced for tomorrow.

I just read in the last 1/2 hour that he is scheduled for a physical on August 1st-believe it was on KFFL.

Found it-

Giants | Rice to undergo physical
Sun, 29 Jul 2007 18:24:13 -0700

Updating previous reports, the Associated Press reports the New York Giants plan to have unrestricted free-agent DE Simeon Rice (Buccaneers) undergo a physical Wednesday, Aug. 1.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

« #3 : July 29, 2007, 11:29:20 PM »

Maybe they just want to see the extent of the damage or recovery.

T

Hall of Famer

« #4 : July 29, 2007, 11:29:26 PM »

Maybe each team has different requirements to pass a physical.

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

« #5 : July 29, 2007, 11:29:43 PM »

He may be in a bit of denial about how serious his injury is. I doubt he passes that physical.

alldaway

Hall of Famer
« #6 : July 29, 2007, 11:30:59 PM »

It is not uncommon for a player to pass one teams' physical and fail another.  Each team has a totally different criteria as to what they seek in passing/failing a physical of a player.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
« #7 : July 30, 2007, 12:02:35 AM »

This is just a obvious ply.

C'mon guys, think about it.

They bring in Simeon in an effort to get Strahan back into camp.  It becomes leverage, the Giants KNOW he isn't passing a physical.  It is a flex effort on the Giants behalf to show they are willing to move on without Strahan, and suddenly Strahan, of all people (he has a rivalry with Rice), is ready to show up and play.  Retirement takes a backseat.

And also this.  What does Rice get out of it?  It bumps up his value to other prospectors, because he is drawing interest from the Giants. 

He won't pass the physical, he (Simeon) has even said he isn't ready to go.

It is a leveraging ploy.  Plain and simple.

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

« #8 : July 30, 2007, 12:28:51 AM »

Or they actually want to sign him and he needs to pass their physical for that to happen.

He may pass their physical. Players fail one team's physical and pass anothers all the time just as ADW says.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
« #9 : July 30, 2007, 12:31:08 AM »

Or they actually want to sign him and he needs to pass their physical for that to happen.

He may pass their physical. Players fail one team's physical and pass anothers all the time just as ADW says.
Maybe so.  Can you imagine how the Bucs management team will appear if the G-mens medical staff gives the thumbs up?!?!

Or how the G-mens docs will be looked at around the NFL?!

Not gonna happen.

It is leverage that doesn't hurt either side.

gone

Hall of Famer
« #10 : July 30, 2007, 12:47:40 AM »

Man, Strahan hates Rice.  That's almost too funny to consider.  Gappy'd go apeshat if Sim took his place....

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
« #11 : July 30, 2007, 12:50:27 AM »

Man, Strahan hates Rice. That's almost too funny to consider. Gappy'd go apeshat if Sim took his place....

And that is what I said already.

It is a leverage ploy to get Strahan back.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
« #12 : July 30, 2007, 12:51:29 AM »

Boid and Caradoc are dead on. Strahan would go nuts thinking that Rice could pass him up in sacks on HIS TEAM. Strahan would (almost) take a salary cut to prevent that, imo.

dpc1192

Starter

« #13 : July 30, 2007, 01:18:01 AM »

If a team wants a player I think they can cut some strings so they can get that player..

just say no to Derek Carr

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
« #14 : July 30, 2007, 01:24:34 AM »

If a team wants a player I think they can cut some strings so they can get that player..
Yeah?

And what good does it do "them" if that "player" can't play because his "shoulder" is beat up?  Regardless of what the docs say (and I am assuming you mean they will be shady and say he can play), he isn't ready to bang.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: How can Rice pass a physical? « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools