Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: How can Rice pass a physical? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#15 : July 30, 2007, 08:45:07 AM

If a team wants a player I think they can cut some strings so they can get that player..

This is true. 

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#16 : July 30, 2007, 09:07:19 AM

He might not be in game shape but still be deemed worth a roster spot.  Example Donald Driver with roughly the same issue as Rice wasn't cut by the Pack. The G-men could sign him and stash him away until he gets right figuring that he'll be easier and chapeaer to sign now than when he's 100%:

DRIVER FLUNKS PHYSICAL

When the Green Bay Packers didn't make a serious run at wide receiver Randy Moss in April, plenty of Packers fans found solace in the fact that they still have Donald Driver.

For now, they don't.

Driver failed his physical on Friday, due to a problem with arm strength.

"He has a re-occurring injury with the shoulder that he hurt last year, so, he will be day-to-day with the shoulder," coach Mike McCarthy said.

For now, Driver is on the PUP list.  When he passes the physical, he'll be added to the active roster.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

bucsbum

Hall of Famer

#17 : July 30, 2007, 09:47:25 AM

Hello anyone out there who can equate negotiations.

Maybe the GM of the Giants want to pull Strahans chain by bringing in Rice. I believe this is more of a move to put pressure on Strahan to retire or report.

What better way to force Strahan then to bring in Rice.
This is obviously more about Strahan then it is about Rice.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#18 : July 30, 2007, 09:54:52 AM

If a team wants a player I think they can cut some strings so they can get that player..
Yeah?

And what good does it do "them" if that "player" can't play because his "shoulder" is beat up? Regardless of what the docs say (and I am assuming you mean they will be shady and say he can play), he isn't ready to bang.

Worked for the Saints and Drew Brees

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#19 : July 30, 2007, 10:06:26 AM

If they somehow work out some agreement, I would be curious to see what Rice gets. Reportedly, he turned down more in the Bucs' offer than Strahan was scheduled to make with the Giants this year. Someone might get their ego bruised in the near future, and it might spill over as a team issue for the Giants. You don't stiff a legend and then reward his replacement with a bigger contract, and not hear it from the local media and fans. It's New York.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#20 : July 30, 2007, 11:18:14 AM

So you are saying Rice should have taken a paycut in 2005? ???  That is an interesting stance.

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#21 : July 30, 2007, 10:30:23 AM

The Giants are going to have Strahan, Rice, Osi, Kiwanuka and even Jason Tuck all fighting for playing time?

I know they talked about Kiwanuka playing OLB at one point but this seems a little far fetched to me...at least at this point.

My guess is that even if the Giants want to pass Sim on the physical, their offer to him won't be very satisfactory to him.

It wouldn't shock me if Sim has already passed up the best offer he'll get for this season.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

Cheers

Pro Bowler

#22 : July 30, 2007, 10:33:57 AM

Rice will be taking a physical for the Giants on Wednesday.

How can he pass a physical when in his own words he has said he isn't healthy and he is going to Alabama to get his shoulder scoped?

Doesn't make sense.

Sim should have had that shoulder scoped long before camp and been ready to go. If he did this he would still be with the team.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#23 : July 30, 2007, 10:37:28 AM

Sim should have had that shoulder scoped long before camp and been ready to go. If he did this he would still be with the team

That is not a reason to cut a player.  Clayton wasn't cut when he decided (unwisely_ to scope his knee late in the off season a while back.

Cheers

Pro Bowler

#24 : July 30, 2007, 10:43:18 AM

Sim should have had that shoulder scoped long before camp and been ready to go. If he did this he would still be with the team

That is not a reason to cut a player.  Clayton wasn't cut when he decided (unwisely_ to scope his knee late in the off season a while back.

Clayton HAD it done at least and was not making the money Sim was. At least Clayton was reasonable and willing to work with the coaches where Sim just flat out refused to renegotiate his deal. Just saying he would not have been cut for either if he was willing. I love Sim and wish he was still here but he knows the deal with being ready to play and I can't blame Allen for not wanting to pay for what we are not getting.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#25 : July 30, 2007, 11:12:47 AM

Simeon was in his last year of his contract.  Why should he renegotiate his deal? Clayton was still on his rookie contract.

Snook

Hall of Famer

#26 : July 30, 2007, 11:16:05 AM

Simeon was in his last year of his contract. Why should he renegotiate his deal? Clayton was still on his rookie contract.

We're talking about trying to renegotiate it in previous years.  Not just this year.

Snook

Hall of Famer

#27 : July 30, 2007, 11:24:24 AM

So you are saying Rice should have taken a paycut in 2005? ??? That is an interesting stance.

Why not?  Brooks did.  How about a paycut in 2006?

Cheers

Pro Bowler

#28 : July 30, 2007, 11:47:16 AM

Simeon was in his last year of his contract. Why should he renegotiate his deal? Clayton was still on his rookie contract.

Clayton was willing to work with the coaches in ALL areas. Everything Gruden asked him to do he tried to do to improve and is still doing it. That makes a big difference.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#29 : July 30, 2007, 11:53:21 AM

Why not?  Brooks did.  How about a paycut in 2006?

As has been stated before Brooks received an extension with his paycut. And why should Rice take a paycut in 2006 when in 2005 he generated 14 sacks? 

Clayton was willing to work with the coaches in ALL areas. Everything Gruden asked him to do he tried to do to improve and is still doing it. That makes a big difference.

What difference?  Clayton has been MIA for the last two years.  Great Clayton earns a brownie point for effort.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: How can Rice pass a physical? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools