Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: thats the game « previous next »
Page: 1 2

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#15 : November 05, 2006, 04:03:24 PM

as i said in my original post, he shows just enough to keep you interested.  after looking horrendous for the first quarter and a half, he finishes the 2nd quarter strong.  after that, nada.  he ate a few of those sacks.  its not all his fault. gruden and hackett probably beat it into his head not to take chances and turn the ball over. so he hangs onto the ball too long at times or checks down too early on other occasions.  you guys are telling me that you've seen enough in the last 4 games to name this guy as the 2007 starter?  Grads is a poor man's Flutie.  He can give you a spark off the bench and may even lead you to a win or two as a back up, but i doubt he is franchise QB material.  I hope I'm wrong.  

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#16 : November 05, 2006, 04:04:00 PM

Well if you expect him to come out and throw 4 TD's in his 5th game, and win it all by his lonesome, then yeah, he sucks.  If you expect him to put some points on the board and not throw the game away, then he did a solid if unspectacular job today.
But go ahead and bash the guy, and claim that everyone who thinks he's doin well for a rookie thinks he is the second coming, that he's the next Marino (even though they don't).  You just sound dumber and dumber the more you post stupid crap like that.

AMEN

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#17 : November 05, 2006, 04:04:42 PM

Grads looked very good on one drive, and mediocre or worse most of the rest of the game.  You hope that as he develops he gets more consistant.  The fumbles are a real problem, though.

LMAO......when a 300lbs lineman plows into a QB back they fumble.  He is a rookie and the O-line stinks, and you are seeing what happens when you mix the two.

I guarantee you now Gruden loves this kid and he can run this offense...he will be starting next year.

He's already fumbled 7 times this year.  It's a problem.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#18 : November 05, 2006, 04:06:13 PM

18/31........185 yards......2 TDs......0 ints....QB Rating 96.8

Not that bad with a poor O-line in his 5th start in his rookie season.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#19 : November 05, 2006, 04:07:19 PM

as i said in my original post, he shows just enough to keep you interested. 

How many INT's has Grads thrown as a rookie thus far?

after looking horrendous for teh first quarter and a half, he finishes the 2 nd quarter strong.  after that, nada.  he ate a few of those sacks.   

Nada?  You say he did nothing but he was making plays.  You can not say with a straight face he was playing poorly in the second half.

you guys are telling me that you've seen enough in the last 4 games to name this guy as the 2007 starter?  Grads is a poor man's Flutie.   

Grads made two gutsy on target TD's with zip downfield and you want to call him a poor man's Flutie?  Unbelievable especially considering he is a rook.

He can give you a spark off the bench and may even lead you to a win or two as a back up, but i doubt he is franchise QB material.  I hope I'm wrong. 

Please show me what a rookie QB that is franchise material looks like.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#20 : November 05, 2006, 04:08:37 PM

Grads looked very good on one drive, and mediocre or worse most of the rest of the game.  You hope that as he develops he gets more consistant.  The fumbles are a real problem, though.

LMAO......when a 300lbs lineman plows into a QB back they fumble.  He is a rookie and the O-line stinks, and you are seeing what happens when you mix the two.

I guarantee you now Gruden loves this kid and he can run this offense...he will be starting next year.

He's already fumbled 7 times this year.  It's a problem.

He was hit hard on all three fumbles today, two of them by an O-lineman in his back.  I am sure Gruden is smart enough to compensate for that.   ;)

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#21 : November 05, 2006, 04:10:05 PM

Hello folks.

The Bucs got 14, they are 2 and 6.  Their offense is dead last, has more three and outs than anyone, is dead last in a ton of categories.

The defense looks like crap, and first downs are usually a given.  They have flashes, but mostly they stink.

I cannot stand watching this offense, or this defense.  It is awful.

I couldn't even must er a cheer when they scored the first TD.  I am not a happy fan, I HATE LOSING.

naplesbuc

Pro Bowler

#22 : November 05, 2006, 04:20:01 PM

When you look at how bad Grossman is you realize how valuable Bruce is.  Give the kid a break.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#23 : November 05, 2006, 04:21:49 PM

When you look at how bad Grossman is you realize how valuable Bruce is.  Give the kid a break.

It just baffles me. Grads is a rook and is showing progress.  What do people want? 

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#24 : November 05, 2006, 04:36:09 PM

it would be nice to see a QB that could avoid consistently one hopping checkdown passes.  or better yet, hit a wide open WR in the flat on a play where there was little pass rush in a crucial 4th down situation.  sorry fellas, if you'd overlook your mancrush on Bruce Almighty our 2007 QB situation is far from settled. 

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#25 : November 06, 2006, 07:12:18 AM

it would be nice to see a QB that could avoid consistently one hopping checkdown passes.  or better yet, hit a wide open WR in the flat on a play where there was little pass rush in a crucial 4th down situation.  sorry fellas, if you'd overlook your mancrush on Bruce Almighty our 2007 QB situation is far from settled. 

He is a rookie.  But hey lets ignore what he did in the Benglas and Eagles game in crunch time and harp about that one 4th down play down 3 scores.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: thats the game « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools